• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

A plasma pistol blast flies pretty far. Also you wouldn't see me coming if I decided to use camo. Trust me, I can take out any vehicle in this game. :p

Also moves as slow as a grandma after dinner time and camo tells me exactly where you are.

How come you ain't played as good as you say you are last time we teamed up? =(

E: I can tall you kiddies can't last long with a tank when you get in one

Booties

Banned
For immediate release:

We found out a day ago we could get the fix out on Friday at 2 am, instead of Saturday. We can't launch on Saturday because you don't have xbl teams on deck to fix if it breaks til Monday. So 2am Friday gave us time for emergency fixes and gets it out so people can use it over the weekend. So we pulled the trigger. Here is the official announce:

"Red Xs are fixed properly. Sorry they were busted so long."

Sweet. Anything else coming early?

Nebula

Also moves as slow as a grandma after dinner time and camo tells me exactly where you are.

I can run it for pretty long. I almost always end up dead to Plasma pistol sticky combo though. I've had great runs in the wraith as well, which is shocking.

We found out a day ago we could get the fix out on Friday at 2 am, instead of Saturday. We can't launch on Saturday because you don't have xbl teams on deck to fix if it breaks til Monday. So 2am Friday gave us time for emergency fixes and gets it out so people can use it over the weekend. So we pulled the trigger. Here is the official announce:

Thanks for the early push.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Hey, I said I could take out vehicles. Nothing about other people. :p

I have noticed I've gotten a lot better in the past few months though. My K/D spread was only about +100 forever, and in the last few months of mastering the BR it's split to almost +600. Not on the "pro" level as some of you, but it's getting better which makes me want to keep playing.

So, now we have good red X's now. :)

Now all we need is your teammates names to flash yellow if they're shooting, and to flash red if they're being shot at.

Oh and fix the weapon despawning if you can. Kthx

Nebula

I have noticed I've gotten a lot better in the past few months though. My K/D spread was only about +100 forever, and in the last few months of mastering the BR it's split to almost +600. Not on the "pro" level as some of you, but it's getting better which makes me want to keep playing.

I was using the BR at one point after I got the final kill challenge with the DMR and found myself improving from it. I thought about the battles I went in and if I could really do much with the BR at whatever range and it helped me play a lot more tactically.

Also BR multikills feel boss.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Something similar happened to me when I finally got glasses.

:-(

DeadNames

Banned

Now all we need is your teammates names to flash yellow if they're shooting, and to flash red if they're being shot at.

with an improved br and this, halo 4 could be MUCH better.

Tunavi

Banned

now lets get that 4-shot BR out before June 3rd. I'm thinking Monday.

Nebula

New X markers are much nicer.

7ADSYsw.jpg

Lazy.

TheOddOne

<3

IHaveIce

Banned
Cool beans. Was funny yesterday at playtesting, apk said a bunch of times there are weapons on his X and I just couldn't find the x.

Good fix. Now remove instant respawn from every gametype pls <3.

Also who would be up for some customs again today? Really would like to play again on some of the maps from yesterday and try objective games

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Cool beans. Was funny yesterday at playtesting, apk said a bunch of times there are weapons on his X and I just couldn't find the x.

Good fix. Now remove instant respawn from every gametype pls <3.

Also who would be up for some customs again today? Really would like to play again on some of the maps from yesterday and try objective games

I'll be on again at some point this afternoon for more testing. I'll post here when I'm on.

IHaveIce

Banned
I'll be on again at some point this afternoon for more testing. I'll post here when I'm on.
Yeeeah nice. I really have to save some of the maps. The second one we played was nice and new to me.

Custom games in Halo 4 are fun, maybe I will stop caring for matchmaking

InvisibleKnight

Neo Member

Nice fix but yes damage and shooting indicators for off-screen teammates need to comeback.

Tashi

Yeeeah nice. I really have to save some of the maps. The second one we played was nice and new to me.

Custom games in Halo 4 are fun, maybe I will stop caring for matchmaking

That was Ender. It's a remake on Forge Island of Black Site (which is currently in matchmaking. It's the Erosion map)

I still need to submit my map still... When is the deadline for the next playlist?

Submit that shit ASAP. Tomorrow the latest. There's no official deadline but you definitely want to get it in our hands right away unless it's way far off from completion.

edit: Let me know Booties. HGS

Mix

lol such a shitty day so far. No top on my truck so I got pored on on my way to school. The storm we had kept me up all night and so now I'm leaving school and going home to play video games. Anyone on who wants to play? Be on in ~15 minutes.

gAg CruSh3r

Submit that shit ASAP. Tomorrow the latest. There's no official deadline but you definitely want to get it in our hands right away unless it's way far off from completion.

Alright! Well it's finished I'm just taking screenshots on it. Does it need any tags on the Map file?

Shadders

Huzzah!

The glorious return of the Red X!

Did we ever get an explanation as to why they were dropped? Was it just a time/resources thing, or was it a design decision?

IHaveIce

Banned
That was Ender. It's a remake on Forge Island of Black Site (which is currently in matchmaking. It's the Erosion map)

edit: Let me know Booties. HGS
Holy shit it really is. It looked so much better and played so nicely.
What is it with people and Sanctuary? I hate that map so much, especially with jetpacks. Remake a better map pls.
It is one of the best maps IMO that works with CTF and Slayer.

When will campaign theater be rolled out?
When campaign is worth replaying. ;-)

We are testing several Sanctuary remakes.
Both were good, I thought. Did you guys ever get around to playing my map?

I've seen that some of the newer maps have gravity volumes or something that pushes jetpackers down for going too high. Thought it as a pretty nifty thing.
yeah, you can set a trait zone that has maximum gravity to create a ceiling of sorts. Definitely the best thing to come out of Halo 4rge.

Karl2177

All the map talks make me wish I had a working copy of Halo 4 again. I have updates to Intercession and Dread, but no way of actually putting them in the game.

Stinkles

Huzzah!

The glorious return of the Red X!

Did we ever get an explanation as to why they were dropped? Was it just a time/resources thing, or was it a design decision?

there were wide ranging issues that cropped up late as we neared launch and they were deeply rooted (UI, function, rendering, saves, saved films etc etc) and the fix last time introduced a new error, which is why they basically didn't function properly at all. So a small team was carved off to address the problem as a single issue instead of as a suite of minor fixes.

To me it's actually a really big deal and I'd be interested to know how people think the information 'feels' after a bunch of games. An example of how it's changed things for me that isn't even tactical - in SWAT on levels with short or frequently interrupted sight lines, I no longer feel as exposed or frustrated and even though its not literally true, I feel like I'm sort of aware where danger is.

There are obviously dozens of scenarios where they are directly helpful, but for me the general sense of situational awareness they provide is a big deal.

All the map talks make me wish I had a working copy of Halo 4 again. I have updates to Intercession and Dread, but no way of actually putting them in the game.

What is wrong with your halo 4?

Mix

No top on your truck? wat
Yes sir, 1984 K-5 Chevy Blazer. Removable top. Dad and I took it off the other day when it started running again. Texas weather decide to have a fit and storm right up until I was getting out of my truck at school. Now it's beautiful, sunny and cool. Fuck Texas weather.

im giving this game another shot, havent played since launch

cant wait to prove the haters wrong and turn H4 into the masterpiece its meant to be via customs

foreveralone

Booties

Banned
To me it's actually a really big deal and I'd be interested to know how people think the information 'feels' after a bunch of games. An example of how it's changed things for me that isn't even tactical - in SWAT on levels with short or frequently interrupted sight lines, I no longer feel as exposed or frustrated and even though its not literally true, I feel like I'm sort of aware where danger is.

There are obviously dozens of scenarios where they are directly helpful, but for me the general sense of situational awareness they provide is a big deal.

You should just be telling everyone what to do over there since you actually know what makes this game play well and feel good..

Yo Tash reduce the ammo in rockets to two on all doubles maps when 343 aren't looking. They spawn often on Monolith and the penalty for not securing them is too severe considering it's 30 kills to win.

Also, now that we've got a gametype with no sprint (lightning flag), has anybody been able to extract just the no sprint part for customs?

Stinkles

You should just be telling everyone what to do over there since you actually know what makes this game play well and feel good..

Well that item wasn't a choice. It was bug related. But you are right to point out that I am the greatest of all times.

Tashi

Yo Tash reduce the ammo in rockets to two on all doubles maps when 343 aren't looking. They spawn often on Monolith and the penalty for not securing them is too severe considering it's 30 kills to win.

Also, now that we've got a gametype with no sprint (lightning flag), has anybody been able to extract just the no sprint part for customs?

Brooooooo. I've got BIG changes and fixes coming to Dubs. I'm just waiting on when they can get thrown in. I seriously had no intention of Rockets on any Dubs maps so either they're getting ammo reduction or being removed completely. I ready wish I had a day with those Majestic maps early to tweak them for Dubs before they were just thrown in there untouched.

It was a nice surprise having it out today.

What is it with people and Sanctuary? I hate that map
so much, especially with jetpacks. Remake a better map pls.

I kind of feel the same after playing so much Asylum in reach. Maybe I'm just sick of it.

Well that item wasn't a choice. It was bug related. But you are right to point out that I am the greatest of all times.

Are you talking about the update that gave us the red X the first time as having the bug? 343 had decided against red X's prior to launching Halo 4, right?

Seems people here are kinda wondering how/why the decision was made to get rid of them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom