• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Asylum was traaaaaaaaash and you only played it in playlists with shitty settings (all but one). Lose-lose situation.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I am disappointed the team didn't go with my initial suggestion to use this update as an oppurtunity to introduce the Fuchsia X.

Fear the pink.

Gui_PT

185 Days

mAX2x2K.png

You're welcome

A sudden appearance of the Reach soundtrack made me go check out that "Welcome to Reach" trailer shown at the 2009 VGA's. Man, it still looks awesome.

Booties

Banned

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Yeah I really wish Frank and David had a larger role in development.

Franchise development leads don't usually get to tell the code monkeys what to do, bro.

Well that item wasn't a choice. It was bug related. But you are right to point out that I am the greatest of all times.

I still love you Frankie, but make sure Halo 5 doesn't have so many problems at launch plz.

You should have reminded me! I totally forgot about your map. I'm sorry man. We'll get it in today for sure.
I didn't want to be that guy who had to get off and say, "Good games guys, and don't forget to play my map while I'm gone!". I'm not a pushy person.

I've got an updated version that has 8 starting spawns, so I'll throw it in my fileshare when I get home and post it here. I'm interested to hear some feedback with that many people on the map.

Franchise development leads don't usually get to tell the code monkeys what to do, bro.
"What the hell are you people doing to my franchise?" is a perfectly valid comment from a Franchise Director that should be heeded by everyone at all times.

Booties

Banned
I didn't want to be that guy who had to get off and say, "Good games guys, and don't forget to play my map while I'm gone!". I'm not a pushy person.

I've got an updated version that has 8 starting spawns, so I'll throw it in my fileshare when I get home and post it here. I'm interested to hear some feedback with that many people on the map.

"What the hell are you people doing to my franchise?" is a perfectly valid comment from a Franchise Director that should be heeded by everyone at all times.

Yeah, but the thing is, we got Halo 4, so I don't think that is actually happening. nawhatimsayin?

willow ve

Make sure Halo 5 doesn't have loadouts at launch. I know I'm dreaming on that change, but I really wish Halo went back to an arena shooter.

Also, I'll be down for playtesting maps later.

Brooooooo. I've got BIG changes and fixes coming to Dubs. I'm just waiting on when they can get thrown in. I seriously had no intention of Rockets on any Dubs maps so either they're getting ammo reduction or being removed completely. I ready wish I had a day with those Majestic maps early to tweak them for Dubs before they were just thrown in there untouched.

That's good to hear! Now you mention it I think a complete removal of Rockets would be a good thing for doubles. Sticky det and railgun serve really well on Haven and that'd probably be preferable across the playlist. Until they patch the beam rifle, it'd be better to just have the human sniper too.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That's good to hear! Now you mention it I think a complete removal of Rockets would be a good thing for doubles. Sticky det and railgun serve really well on Haven and that'd probably be preferable across the playlist. Until they patch the beam rifle, it'd be better to just have the human sniper too.

Yea I'm looking to decrease the amount of power weapons across the board. It's the thing I've received the most feedback on by far. Either by decreasing weapon count, ammo and/or timer increases. Also looking for some variety so you might see a SAW or two instead of a Sticky Det or Rail.

Frank, check your PMs

TCKaos

I'm amazed that people still don't know about that ledge on snipe tower after almost ten years. I've been just shitting on kids and leveling up my Assassination Commendation with stealth. Kids use PV and think they can see me, but they don't know that they've just made the greatest mistake of their short and meaningless lives.

I got like five assassinations in a game the other day and just went 22-4 just now. By the end of the game there were entire groups running up there with PV and Boltshots to find me, but none of them managed to see me before it was too late.

Sending yourself PMs will make you go blind.

It's science.

I learned it in my abstinence GAF-ed course. He's right.

We found out a day ago we could get the fix out on Friday at 2 am, instead of Saturday. We can't launch on Saturday because you don't have xbl teams on deck to fix if it breaks til Monday. So 2am Friday gave us time for emergency fixes and gets it out so people can use it over the weekend. So we pulled the trigger. Here is the official announce:

"Red Xs are fixed properly. Sorry they were busted so long."

Well that item wasn't a choice. It was bug related. But you are right to point out that I am the greatest of all times.

Little by little you and David have been single handedly giving me confidence for Halo 5 with some of your posts. I know it may not seem like a big deal to some people, but to me these little things go a long way.

So thank you <3

Does this patch give us the arrows that point to our teammates outside of our field of vision?

Yeah I hope to see this changed back to how it used to be too. Another one of those finer touches that helps drastically with awareness and teamwork.

Six and a half hours later and Unknown still hasn't put up his post.

For shame, Funk. For shame.
KuGsj.gif

LOL soon

senador

Banned
Just read the Bulletin. The weapon tuning sounds great. It'll likely pull me back into the game. I just don't understand why its so slow moving and why so cautious? Just put it out and if there are flaws, make a plan to tweak them asap. There are obviously things I don't know and they want to make sure its balanced, but man the game has been out a while and from what I hear numbers are down. Speed shit up!

I guarantee a well executed Halo CE MP Remake on XBL would hold steady in population for years to come. Through all the shit Halo's that get released and people jump from new Halo to new Halo, Halo CE XBL would sustain its population. I doubt it would have cannibalized the community long term, maybe it would harm Reach in the short term, but long term I think more people playing Halo MP is a good thing, no matter which one they are playing.

I and probably 15-20 of my friends would be playing Halo CE on XBL daily, and I am sure plenty of other people would have their friends list filled with people playing CE XBL. We could let 343 do their thing with future Halo's and not give two shits.

I bet each one of us could say the same thing about several friends that would be playing all the time, especially those who played it back then. The population could sustain itself and playlists/CGB options could easily be set up because of how little the game has compared to later Halo games.

Hmm, let's set these playlists up:

AR/Pistol, 2 Frag Starts

Team Slayer: 4v4
Team Doubles: 2v2 (TS/OB)
FFA: 8 players
CTF: 4v4
BTB: 8v8 (TS/CTF/KOTH)
Team Objective: 4v4 (OB/KOTH)
Team Action Sack: 4v4 (Hog Wars, Phantoms, KOTH Chiron TL-34/Longest, etc.)
FFA Action Sack: 8 players (Hog Wars, Phantoms, Race, Camo Stickies PP/PR, etc.)

----------

And for reference, here are the maps between H1 Xbox/PC:

4v4 and Doubles:
Battle Creek
Damnation
Rat Race
Prisoner
Hang 'Em High
Chill Out
Derelict
Chiron TL-34
Wizard
Longest

Big Team Battle:
Death Island
Danger Canyon
Infinity
Timberland
Ice Fields
Gephyrophobia
Sidewinder
Boarding Action
Blood Gulch

Throw in a simple CGB too and hire the Prophets of Halo
(BigShow, Booshka, Duji, Havok, UNKNOWN)
as the sustain team, then call it a day.

Tawpgun

More action sack garbage is definitely what Halo needs.

You don't even play Halo 4 what are you doing.

Awesome that the red X's are fixed. PS David O'Conner, can you have the MP team look at or play Reach and notice how players callsigns light up Red when taking damage, Yellow when firing, and White when talking? And how these colors show up on the edges of your screen when your team is out of view?

Please add this back in to Halo 5. Thanks.

Booties

Banned
You don't even play Halo 4 what are you doing.

Awesome that the red X's are fixed. PS David O'Conner, can you have the MP team look at or play Reach and notice how players callsigns light up Red when taking damage, Yellow when firing, and White when talking? And how these colors show up on the edges of your screen when your team is out of view?

Please add this back in to Halo 5. Thanks.

Downloading the update I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom