• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in 10 days means a next gen version, no?
Yes, of course
There's no objective in BTB because when it was there people just played slayer anyways.
On the contrary, I believe that objective BTB is the only BTB worth playing. I've never liked Slayer BTB, just too large to force the game to have any kind of focus.

oh god.

just port it 343, don't give it to CA PLEASE

I would be seriously surprised if the heavy lifting isn't outsourced, the core team at 343 is busy on H5.

I realy hope they include the Scarab for Halo 5, The Lich was a good adition but its AI is very poor.

How about mid tier Human vehicle between the Warthog and the Tank.

daedalius

I have to say, I wouldn't be at all opposed to a rerelease of H2 on the nextbox with enhanced graphics.

I'd be totally unsurprised if they did something for multiplayer like they did with CEA though, but who knows.

2000~ people watching AGL, not bad.

You won't have to wait long.

Full remake. Full multiplayer.

Just don't expect H2A in the Halo trilogy package.
ReMAKE instead of reSKIN? Count me in. Anniversary was incredible with its light touch, Halo 2 would need more serious work.

Oh and is there any date on the weapons balance update? Thinking of jumping back in soon while I still have Gold. And is the bolt shot getting nerfed? I've only seen info on the rifle changes.

daedalius

ReMAKE instead of reSKIN? Count me in. Anniversary was incredible with its light touch, Halo 2 would need more serious work.

Oh and is there any date on the weapons balance update? Thinking of jumping back in soon while I still have Gold. And is the bolt shot getting nerfed? I've only seen info on the rifle changes.

The TU rollout date is June 3rd so far.

I might be the only one, but I don't want them to go back and remake every single game...
Make something new.

Halo 2's the last thing I want them to remake simply because I'd like to play the single player in HD like I can with Halo CE now. After that they should just move on, or if they do any other spin offs make a new ODST pretty please.

Karl2177

Thanks for the Great Feedback everyone! This map should be ready to play for Team Slayer, Extraction, King of the Hill, and CTF.
ED3C5B20-6158-497D-BE22-3BD50DE50C73-60755-000006922A8E4419.jpg

163EAF9C-3EE8-40D8-9DE2-01388D2BBC85-60755-000006923731DEB7.jpg

Here is some better angles of the map.
Looks good.

I realy hope they include the Scarab for Halo 5, The Lich was a good adition but its AI is very poor.

How about mid tier Human vehicle between the Warthog and the Tank.

The Lich has no AI.

So either the Prowler(high defense low offense) or the Gauss Hog(high offense, low defense)?

kylej

Banned
You have fun on H4 at all last night?

Not really. It's boring. It's not Halo, it's just random nonsense. We steamrolled a bunch of guests in BTB over and over, on a bunch of giant random maps filled with framerate problems. One of the maps that is snowy and has a big bridge on it got down to what must've been 5-10fps at times.

If there weren't some people who got on last night I wouldn't have played at all.

Vico

From the gaming side thread:

And why hasn't Stinkles been in here to deny it yet? Oh wait, here he is, denying it.

I have no idea what the project he is tweeting about is, but CA works on more than just Halo stuff for companies other than just 343, but it is absolutely NOT H2A and nobody is currently working on any such thing.

Somehow, someway, give me a playable version of the E3 2003 demo. I don't even need anything else. I'd pay full price just for that.

This on the other hand is and has always been a cool idea and you never know, it could happen one day. The code still works (albeit crazy buggy).

daedalius

Not really. It's boring. It's not Halo, it's just random nonsense. We steamrolled a bunch of guests in BTB over and over, on a bunch of giant random maps filled with framerate problems. One of the maps that is snowy and has a big bridge on it got down to what must've been 5-10fps at times.

If there weren't some people who got on last night I wouldn't have played at all.

Why would you play BTB, which has been a chaotic mess for several games now, instead of something more focused on what you want, like team throwdown?

BTB was amazing in Halo 3. How could you even say such a thing?

Illuminating points as always, thanks.

I'm on now juicey

The BR that wasn't hitscan. The BR that had spread. The awful netcode. Yea it was fun during it's time, but looking back it was nothing compared to Halo 2's BTB. Not saying Reach or Halo 4 BTB is any better, but I'm not sure how people can say that Halo 3's BTB was "great" or "amazing" in 2013.

The BR that wasn't hitscan. The BR that had spread. The awful netcode. Yea it was fun during it's time, but looking back it was nothing compared to Halo 2's BTB. Not saying Reach or Halo 4 BTB is any better, but I'm not sure how people can say that Halo 3's BTB was "great" or "amazing" in 2013.
You said it yourself, "it was fun during it's time." That's what matters. I wouldn't dare play Goldeneye now for anything other than nostalgia, but was fun during it's time. Halo Reach BTB was "meh" in it's time, and Halo 4's BTB just isn't fun without objectives.

You said it yourself, "it was fun during it's time." That's what matters. I wouldn't dare play Goldeneye now for anything other than nostalgia, but was fun during it's time. Halo Reach BTB was "meh" in it's time, and Halo 4's BTB just isn't fun without objectives.

That's not what matters for me. I had a great time playing every Halo at launch, including 4 because of hype, excitement, etc but once that excitement wears off you begin to see underlying flaws like the BR and netcode in 3, or bloom in Reach, and random ordnance in 4.

To each his own though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom