• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m23

Played quite a bit of Bioshock Infinite last night, think I'm getting close to the end.....but I don't want it to end.

Ghazi

lol, that trick has been around since launch. I'm surprised it has it circulated more, I know that HaloGAF was talking about it in December though, before the new wave of accepted Juniors.

Also, damnit I should've asked to take a picture with Sudd! Next time, next time.

m23

I really enjoyed playing through the campaign on legendary, save for a few parts. What's the point of skipping the whole mission?

I'm probably going to watch 3-4 episodes of Justified, maybe more, but after that I should be good to go.

Damn I still have to catch up on that show. Just finished up with Sons of Anarchy so I think its about time I continue Justified.

Anybody up for some Halo 4 later tonight? Any playlist?

I'm probably going to watch 3-4 episodes of Justified, maybe more, but after that I should be good to go.

Akai__

7f291798_Halo2.png

Halo 2 Vista party already started.

Send me a message or join the following Server: A 0 0 0 0 W M 1 Violent Cart-Rainmaker

Have fun! :D

halo sucks

remix soundtrack owns though

ipYAA4ZtnhHs1.gif

You look so much like Ray from Achievement Hunter in this it's not even funny. #dead

I also whipped up a revision to the melee system! It's for Livechamber but could work just as easily in Halo. Quick and dirty explanation:

-When you're out of ammo on a weapon, press right trigger to drop it.
-Dropping a weapon will switch you to Fisticuffs. Every player has Fisticuffs as a technical "third weapon" of sorts.
-Two separate "types" of three variables to keep in mind.
-Melee Types are Light (Press RT), Heavy (Hold RT), and Rapid (Double-Tap RT). Light beats Rapid which beats Heavy.
-Melee Stances are Static (not moving or defensive), Horizontal (running or offensive), and Vertical (airborne or supplementary). Static beats Horizontlal which beats Vertical.
-These two types stack. A Static Rapid vs Horizontal Heavy is 2x effective in Static Rapid's favor.
-When two players engage in Fisticuffs, they're essentially playing Rock, Paper, Scissors to best of 3. A "tie" does not count but will damage both players.
-It's entirely possible for one (or both) players to die from Melee combat before the actual best of 3 is reached.
-When one player gets 3 victories and the loser hasn't been killed, the loser will be stunned for about a second.
-During this second, the loser's HUD will show their vitals going critical. When the loser is "critical," any form of damage will kill them in one hit - even bumping into them at a high speed. If nothing happens in this second, they'll simply collapse and succumb to their wounds.
-During this one second, the winner has a chance to perform a fatality or a front-facing assassination of sorts. It's not mandatory and they'll die anyway, but hey, if you have some spare time...
-There are three "fatalities" available - light, rapid, and heavy. If you're in Fisticuffs, just do a typical Melee prompt to initiate it.
-You can still Melee with a normal weapon, but it's just the single "whack" of past games. Fisticuffs have 1.5x priority over traditional firearms, so unless you have a shotgun keep your distance from Fisticuffs users.
-A Melee weapon like the Energy Sword would operate as Fisticuffs 2.0 - that is, it'd have the 9 Melee options available to Fisticuffs, but with roughly 2.0x priority. Chances are, facing a Sword user, you'd die after the second parry.

So I checked the Surface Pro update thread (I am interested in the surface pro.) and I saw that Frankie tried out the pen for another masterpiece.

Obviously I can't draw, but I can confirm it works in CS6 and Fresh Paint at least.

YRdYW09.jpg

I mean, everyone loves Mister Chief? So I think it shouldn't be buried in that thread.

Karl2177

Yea I know who made it I just wanted to know who gave it to me.

Ok
That reminds me. How do CCs want ordnance settings? Do you guys want initial ordnance that respawns at a constant rate (a la Throwdown) or initial ordnance that doesn't come back (default IS settings)? Do you guys want weapons on the map like Simplex has? Do you want any random ordnance?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh yeah then that was me, do I get a kiss? Or a kick? :O

Lol Misfits just 3-0'd BTH who went 12-0 yesterday to the finals.

Dat Snipedown

Neither you creep

That reminds me. How do CCs want ordnance settings? Do you guys want initial ordnance that respawns at a constant rate (a la Throwdown) or initial ordnance that doesn't come back (default IS settings)? Do you guys want weapons on the map like Simplex has? Do you want any random ordnance?

No random ordnance. We usually do power ups and power weapons on ordnance either global or initial on resupply. Or even initial, no resupply but global timer. Weapons on map are good for regular weapons like ARs, BRs etc. Thats pretty much the current state.

kylej

Banned
yeah sailing in AC3 is the first time it's felt like AC to me. I love these games cause if they're nailing it, they really transport you to another place and time. hyped for that pirate game this fall.

Sai-kun

Banned
low effort post generator by neogaf.com

yeah sailing in AC3 is the first time it's felt like AC to me. I love these games cause if they're nailing it, they really transport you to another place and time. hyped for that pirate game this fall.

Sailing was the only time I really had fun in AC3. I was so massively disappointed by it :/ Ubi needs to just make a straight up sailing-only game and I would buy that over AC4.

Tawpgun

Umm who cares what they want. Static Ordnance from now on. Like the good Halo 4 maps have.

If 343 won't do its part to fix that terrible decision, the community might as well litter matchmaking with maps that have static ordnance.

TCKaos

Umm who cares what they want. Static Ordnance from now on. Like the good Halo 4 maps have.

If 343 won't do its part to fix that terrible decision, the community might as well litter matchmaking with maps that have static ordnance.

NEUTRAL SUPPRESSOR THEY SAID

IT'LL BE FUN THEY SAID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom