• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEUTRAL SUPPRESSOR THEY SAID

IT'LL BE FUN THEY SAID

EwpWp.jpg

wwm0nkey

We just met a team of 5 trash talkers on H3.

Like going back to 2007. Was glorious.

I remember going back to Halo 2 about 2 months before the servers went down. There were 2 kids on the other team with KSI tags talking about Runescape, its like the people who play those games just never age or something lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Gonna be on to test in about an hour after I go for a run. Message TashiGAF if you guys want to help me out. 4v4.

Karl2177

No random ordnance. We usually do power ups and power weapons on ordnance either global or initial on resupply. Or even initial, no resupply but global timer. Weapons on map are good for regular weapons like ARs, BRs etc. Thats pretty much the current state.
I think I'm following you. I just don't use the term global ordnance, because it was really just a buzzword to signify any non-personal ordnance.

Umm who cares what they want. Static Ordnance from now on. Like the good Halo 4 maps have.

If 343 won't do its part to fix that terrible decision, the community might as well litter matchmaking with maps that have static ordnance.

I do. I also care about what you want. It's why I put out multiple versions of the same map that had different (but logical) variations of ordnance/weapons.

Tawpgun

I think I'm following you. I just don't use the term global ordnance, because it was really just a buzzword to signify any non-personal ordnance.

I do. I also care about what you want. It's why I put out multiple versions of the same map that had different (but logical) variations of ordnance/weapons.

I think all forgers have a moral obligation to put static power weapons and primary weapons on map. Think about Halo. It needs you.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Umm who cares what they want. Static Ordnance from now on. Like the good Halo 4 maps have.

If 343 won't do its part to fix that terrible decision, the community might as well litter matchmaking with maps that have static ordnance.

That's what we do babby. Keep it quiet when adults are speaking, thank you.

Karl if you have any other questions let me know. But essentially just make weapons and power ups spawn at the same location at the same interval throughout the match. Or if you choose to have a weapon spawn once or not initially but for the rest of the match, that works too. However, that's pretty unconventional.

343 can you give us a tool with the ability to tweak weapons? That would be boner time. Thanks.

I don't think they could do this with the current setup. I'm not fyrewulf level of .map guru but unless they can apply a patch that loads on top of the map file that overrides weapons and allow a player to create that patch with the UI then it can't be done. It's something they could maybe do for a future title but I'm not sure how much of a requirement it is.

Gui_PT

I don't think they could do this with the current setup. I'm not fyrewulf level of .map guru but unless they can apply a patch that loads on top of the map file that overrides weapons and allow a player to create that patch with the UI then it can't be done. It's something they could maybe do for a future title but I'm not sure how much of a requirement it is.

I don't know either but I still want it!

GG's Bam, Bobs, Xand, Sotto, Fuschd. "They're flushing me out".

Trash talkers got silenced plus made a hasty retreat in their post game shame. Halo 3 still king on the 360.

If I were to have a 360 title only LAN Halo 3 would be played no question. Better maps than Reach and 4, has proper CTF (no waypoint and glue flag), better nades than Reach and 4, less aim assist than both so higher shooting skill gap, got to lead shots, sniper not babby mode. No bloom whatsoever. Halo 3 is best 360 Halo.

Overdoziz

Banned
If I were to have a 360 title only LAN Halo 3 would be played no question. Better maps than Reach and 4, has proper CTF (no waypoint and glue flag), better nades than Reach and 4, less aim assist than both so higher shooting skill gap, got to lead shots, sniper not babby mode. No bloom whatsoever. Halo 3 is best 360 Halo.
Playing customs the other day was amazing. BR starts on The Pit, Heretic, Guardian, Blackout, Citadel, Construct, Narrows. So good, even with the netcode and poopy BR.

Matchmaking is mess, though.

I don't know about you, but Halo 2 HD is one of my most anticipated games of the year!
See, if that even is a thing I don't think it would come out this year. My guess would be they do the same thing as with halo CEA and release it on the 10th anniversary (2014).

But that's just me.

Ghazi

See, if that even is a thing I don't think it would come out this year. My guess would be they do the same thing as with halo CEA and release it on the 10th anniversary (2014).

But that's just me.

There is no possible way at all that they will not have a Halo title this year. With Microsoft basically wanting to annualize the series like CoD I can't see them waiting to 2014 for a Halo 2 HD, unless they have a completely new Halo game with MP like ODST.

Booshka

And I would be Lanning Shadowrun, Xbox 360 Halo games have all been bad compared to H2 and H1. Everything is better on LAN, but H3 is shit online and if I had the resources to LAN I sure as shit wouldn't be wasting my time with H3. It would be Halo CE and Shadowrun all day.

I'll keep dreaming

Halo 3 CTF was lame compared to Halo 1 and 2. Making the flag carrier a slug and changing the flag physics really cut the fun a great amount IMO.

Shadders

There is no possible way at all that they will not have a Halo title this year. With Microsoft basically wanting to annualize the series like CoD I can't see them waiting to 2014 for a Halo 2 HD, unless they have a completely new Halo game with MP like ODST.

There's scope for something more left-field. Wars 2, a space combat game, maybe even a space strategy game (which could also be part of Wars 2 tbf).

I think it would be weird to launch a new console with Halo 2 Anniversary, because you're basically saying "Hey, the graphics are better but the gameplay is the same as it's always been."

Halo Wars 2 could be a great showcase for a new machine as you'd have to imagine there'd be an incredible scale to the environments and battles.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Halo 4 Game of the Year Edition though, native 1080p, 60fps, a year of tuning plus some new maps. Could be a thing of wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom