• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conor 419

Banned
Halo Wars 2 is the only Halo title the new Xbox should launch with.

Well, I wouldn't say no to another Halo game like ODST, a budget Halo game with wacky new ideas and a (genuinely) new direction.

Of course, this IP is now under the incompetence of Microsoft, meaning

A| They'll price it full retail
B| They'll mistake 'genuinely new' for 'Call of Duty'
C| I'll spend yet another six months criticising a game you people will do everything to defend.

Oh, and just for the record. I'm going to say in advance that I'm not putting up with any shit from you people on the run up to Halo 5. I was the one calling out 343i on Spartan Op's being terrible, which you people defended. I was the one calling out the complete lack of innovation, which you people defended. I called out the lack of open encounters in the campaign, which you people defended. I was the one who called out the shitty marketing campaign, which you were also all so quick to defend. That ordinance would ruin map control, that the BTB maps were too similar, that the enemy types were not varied enough, that we hadn't heard enough about Forge, that the characters were terrible, that THE STORM COVENANT IS A STUPID FUCKING IDEA and that there SHOULD HAVE BEEN A CUSTOM GAME BROWSER. Let us just say now, that any feedback or Q&A sessions that will involve the company taking criticism from the community, then the community will be MY voice first and foremost, and not any of yours, cos god forbid we do not want to have to put up with yet another shitty Halo game for the next five fucking years.

m23

I don't understand why people are wishing for a halo 2 remake, the campaign isn't up there with the other games and mp will not be like it was on the original xbox.

Even if they somehow manage to recreate halo 2 mp, people will complain regardless, that game had its own issues as well. I'd rather they go back to the drawing board with the series and look at what went wrong with halo 4 and improve from there.

Also, there is no way MS would release an remake game with their next xbox.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think that if there will be a Halo this year, it will be a small XBLA title. Possibly F2P. Regardless, I don't see them doing a $60 title or something that isn't half-assed, regardless of genre.

Well, I wouldn't say no to another Halo game like ODST, a budget Halo game with wacky new ideas and a (genuinely) new direction.

C| I'll spend yet another six months criticising a game you people will do everything to defend.

Oh, and just for the record. I'm going to say in advance that I'm not putting up with any of your fucking shit for Halo 5. I was the one calling out 343i on Spartan Op's being terrible, which you people defended. I was the one calling out the complete lack of innovation, which you people defended. I called out the lack of open encounters in the campaign, which you people defended. I was the one who called out the shitty marketing campaign, which you were also all so quick to defend. That ordinance would ruin map control, that the BTB maps were too similar, that the enemy types were not varied enough, that we hadn't heard enough about Forge, that there SHOULD BE A CUSTOM GAME BROWSER. Let us just say now, that any feedback or Q&A sessions that will involve the company taking criticism from the community, then the community will be MY voice first and foremost, and not any of yours.

What forum were you reading?

Fuchsdh

gg's, Tashi and co. Last map was a pretty good one--sort of Turf & Asphalt mixed together.

Let us just say now, that any feedback or Q&A sessions that will involve the company taking criticism from the community, then the community will be MY voice first and foremost, and not any of yours, cos god forbid we do not want to have to put up with yet another shitty Halo game for the next five fucking years.

bj1pK.gif

I don't understand why people are wishing for a halo 2 remake, the campaign isn't up there with the other games and mp will not be like it was on the original xbox.

Even if they somehow manage to recreate halo 2 mp, people will complain regardless, that game had its own issues as well. I'd rather they go back to the drawing board with the series and look at what went wrong with halo 4 and improve from there.

Also, there is no way MS would release an remake game with their next xbox.

Personally I'd enjoy this over an exact Halo 2 remake:

It was the direction/philosophy I was hoping for with Halo 3.

Gui_PT

Oh, and just for the record. I'm going to say in advance that I'm not putting up with any shit from you people on the run up to Halo 5. I was the one calling out 343i on Spartan Op's being terrible, which you people defended. I was the one calling out the complete lack of innovation, which you people defended. I called out the lack of open encounters in the campaign, which you people defended. I was the one who called out the shitty marketing campaign, which you were also all so quick to defend. That ordinance would ruin map control, that the BTB maps were too similar, that the enemy types were not varied enough, that we hadn't heard enough about Forge, that the characters were terrible, that THE STORM COVENANT IS A STUPID FUCKING IDEA and that there SHOULD HAVE BEEN A CUSTOM GAME BROWSER. Let us just say now, that any feedback or Q&A sessions that will involve the company taking criticism from the community, then the community will be MY voice first and foremost, and not any of yours, cos god forbid we do not want to have to put up with yet another shitty Halo game for the next five fucking years.

You're right, you were the only one all along. The only one to complain and see the truth behind 343's filthy lies! And yet all we did was mock you. Yes you, the only one with that opinion.

What's it like to be such a victim?

Guys leave him alone. Haven't you caused him enough pain?

8cmJu.gif

TCKaos

Reading around about people's findings from ripping Halo 4 assets and apparently the Elite has identical bones and animations to the Reach version, which is pretty annoying because that means someone went out of their way to make the Elites extremely dumb and less interesting to fight.

Also there's still directories for every bitmap and particle effect from Reach still on 4's disc, but from the posts I read I can't tell if that means that the file structure is intact or that literally all of the bitmaps and particle effects from Reach are still on the disc.

I wish Nowise were alive to elaborate.

Specifically:
Ki11aFTFW on Facepunch said:
Elite (in game) uses same bones from Halo Reach and same animations
Banshee is simply a Reach Re skin
Phantom and concussion rifle as well
The Plasma Launcher can be found in delta's source files, and its the exact one from reach.
The Focus Rifle from reach can be found in one of the maps, I forget which one.
Pistol uses same animations
Almost all of the particle fx are from reach

You can tell by digging in the games source files, that everything was built up from reach's structure. There is probably more I would have noticed if I was looking for reach content in the halo 4 maps.

Though they did do a pretty good job with the stuff that is theirs.

The Jack on Facepunch said:
you meant wraith/ghost, not phantom. I'm fairly sure the phantom has a different model.

The plasma pistol is also the same model. Plus, although the particle textures might be the same, there's a lot less in the 4 particles.

the needler is the same model again, i think. Though the lines are blue, the main body is a dark blue (like much of the storm stuff) and the needles look much better.

who1fe on Facepunch/waffles on Halomaps said:
Reach frag nade is in the mainmenu cache lol. Looked through more maps last night and found a ton of leftovers that aren't used ingame at all. Oh, and theres literally a whole directory for every particle effect and bitmap from reach :V

Thing is though that everything as far as the shaders/materials go, this content is so flexible that a single gradient change/material value edit can give much different results. jackal shields have been re-using the same mask since halo 3, halo 4 multi layered the shield and makes use of new plasma bitmaps for its newer look.

Goes to show how some new bitmaps and post processing can go a long way. Not sure if I'm impressed that they managed to recycle so many assets or disappointed that they recycled so many assets. It explains why they all looked extremely similar to their Reach counterparts, though.

Conor 419

Banned
You're right, you were the only one all along. The only one to complain and see the truth behind 343's filthy lies! And yet all we did was mock you. Yes you, the only one with that opinion.

What's it like to be such a victim?

Guys leave him alone. Haven't you caused him enough pain?

Thank you for finally understanding.

Reading around about people's findings from ripping Halo 4 assets and apparently the Elite has identical bones and animations to the Reach version, which is pretty annoying because that means someone went out of their way to make the Elites extremely dumb and less interesting to fight.

Also there's still directories for every bitmap and particle effect from Reach still on 4's disc, but from the posts I read I can't tell if that means that the file structure is intact or that literally all of the bitmaps and particle effects from Reach are still on the disc.

I wish Nowise were alive to elaborate.

"NOT ENOUGH BANDWIDTH"

"BREAKING: REACH'S ON DEMAND CODE IN ITS ENTIRETY FOUND IN HALO 4 DISC"

e.gif
n.gif
t.gif
e.gif
r.gif
blank.gif
t.gif
h.gif
e.gif
blank.gif
d.gif
o.gif
n.gif
g.gif
b.gif
l.gif
a.gif
i.gif
n.gif
e.gif
r.gif

So how's Mother's Day going for my fellow HaloGAFers? Anyone doing anything special? I gave my mom her present and I'm about to go out to eat with my family.

I'll then spend the rest of the day playing Halo.

daedalius

Goes to show how some new bitmaps and post processing can go a long way. Not sure if I'm impressed that they managed to recycle so many assets or disappointed that they recycled so many assets. It explains why they all looked extremely similar to their Reach counterparts, though.

I was just playing Reach's campaign the other night, then switched over to Halo 4 Spartan Ops.

I'd say their AI isn't particularly different... much less one is 'extremely dumb and less interesting to fight'. Elites haven't been smart and tough since CE.

TCKaos

I was just playing Reach's campaign the other night, then switched over to Halo 4 Spartan Ops.

I'd say their AI isn't particularly different... much less one is 'extremely dumb and less interesting to fight'. Elites haven't been smart and tough since CE.

I just don't get the nuances I used to - Elites don't take cover when they're injured anymore, unless they have a sword, in which case they get confused and stand still even on Legendary.

That last one might be because the animations are identical to Reach's though. Base movement speed was increased from Reach to 4, but the Elites have the same animations, so they move at the same speed. Because of this it takes them faster to gain ground when chasing you with a sword, so the AI just gives up eventually.

The Elites got fat after the war.

I just don't get the nuances I used to - Elites don't take cover when they're injured anymore, unless they have a sword, in which case they get confused and stand still even on Legendary.

That last one might be because the animations are identical to Reach's though. Base movement speed was increased from Reach to 4, but the Elites have the same animations, so they move at the same speed. Because of this it takes them faster to gain ground when chasing you with a sword, so the AI just gives up eventually.

The Elites got fat after the war.

mpreg elite and waifu chief fanart from deviantart.jpg

kylej

Banned
put tv mount on wall. somehow ended a tiny bit crooked. just enough that moving bolt position won't help

rip me rip wall

put tv mount on wall. somehow ended a tiny bit crooked. just enough that moving bolt position won't help

rip me rip wall

I got This for my tv and the cross bar that the TV rests on is just barely off center.

I called and asked about getting a replacement and no dice. Thankfully it is barely noticeable if turned toward the right, but if it's turned to the left it is horribly noticeable.

rip in peace centered television

Sai-kun

Banned
So how's Mother's Day going for my fellow HaloGAFers? Anyone doing anything special? I gave my mom her present and I'm about to go out to eat with my family.

I'll then spend the rest of the day playing Halo.

Everyone in my family is busy today, so we celebrated on Friday, which worked out okay since the 10th is mother's day in Latin America! So I just gave my mom a call and said hi today, and now i'm procrastinating on homework.

IHaveIce

Banned
That were some really good games guys.

I really liked the bigger Objective map Fuggedaboudit. And of course Onyx is still damn good.

Don't know if I will be there in 20 mimutes, if not GGs to everyone <3

IHaveIce

Banned
That were some really good games guys.

I really liked the bigger Objective map Fuggedaboudit. And of course Onyx is still damn good.

Don't know if I will be there in 20 mimutes, if not GGs to everyone <3

Again for new page, damn bottom of the page.

GGs Tashi. Some seriously promising maps popping up.
Yep I agree, also loved the Oddball game, I didn't even realize they were one down and we were like "Oh wow they got shit on" :lol
GGs. Thanks for playing!
Thanks for inviting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom