• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

RIP Bruins.

Anyone gonna be on tonight? Preferably 4? Will play Reach if need be.

I'll prolly be on later once I've burned through disc 2 of Community's first season.

Greatest sitcom every? Greatest sitcom ever. Even in its middling state I'm so happy it's gotten a fifth season to (most likely) finish things off.

Think of it this way, the only way to play Halo
2 Anniversary
is by buying the Next Xbox.

Does that not hype you! :D

That's actually my Ringtone as well :p All the sounds from my phone are ODST related :) Enjoy the phone man.

It doesn't hype me. I consider all the console warrior like stuff immature and fucking stupid.

jack daniels bbq sauce from.... tgi fridays(?) is god-tier. too bad the foot itself sucks there.

I get the JD sesame seed chicken starter and mix and match with GF's cheese bites and then a steak for my main, Normally a NY strip. (The Canadian burger is awesome) The local(ish) TGI's is pretty good.

Protip: never buy JD BBQ Sauce in a bottle it taste like ass.

It doesn't hype me. I consider all the console warrior like stuff immature and fucking stupid.

I'm getting a PS4 as well, I'm not a Xbox fanboy/warrior.

Unless you mean Consoles in general. In that case, I have a gaming PC as well. Just after having the same system for the past 7 years, I kind of want an upgrade :p

IHaveIce

Banned

Don't get why being excited for new consoles leads to be/is the same like being a "console warrior".

Man thanks Henery for linking these Halo3 montages, never gets old. Dat Donnie Darko music in the Hysteria/Neighbor dualtage.

Fuchsdh

Don't get why being excited for new consoles leads to be/is the same like being a "console warrior".

Man thanks Henery for linking these Halo3 montages, never gets old. Dat Donnie Darko music in the Hysteria/Neighbor dualtage.

So many montages. So much good play. So much overediting. So much bad use of loud music.

Madness

Watching MLG pro games on Pit never gets old... A map where team play, map control, and knowledge of on map weapons/spawn times works perfectly.

Stuff on avs goes beyond just excited.

m23

I'm getting a PS4 as well, I'm not a Xbox fanboy/warrior.

Unless you mean Consoles in general. In that case, I have a gaming PC as well. Just after having the same system for the past 7 years, I kind of want an upgrade :p

Bro, you don't need to keep defending yourself. A lot of us are excited for new consoles.

On another note.....typical Leafs smh.

Madness

I pity the morons who bolted with 8+ minutes left. I never understand why people pay good money and don't stay till the end, especially a game 7 at home. It's playoff hockey at its finest.

I don't think Toronto will riot, it wasn't a cup final like Vancouver. I was downtown that day, and it was just a bunch of morons who started it, trying to recreate the 94 riot.

kylej

Banned
If I didn't have to travel to CT tomorrow I might've bought tickets with my old man. What a choke.

Also yeah I know sports streams I'm a long time atdhe user but non-HD blows weiners

Madness

If I didn't have to travel to CT tomorrow I might've bought tickets with my old man. What a choke.

Also yeah I know sports streams I'm a long time atdhe user but non-HD blows weiners

I don't know, for some reason I thought you lived in New Hampshire or something...

DeadNames

Banned
Off topic, but for those who have it, is the 3DS XL worth it?

I just got the 3DS and from what I've heard, the XL is much better. I got the 3DS OG as a birthday gift from my mother, so I'd feel kind of bad if I returned it, but I think she was a bit reluctant to get it anyways. I'm a bit of a softie when it comes to things like that.

Should I trade the OG in for the XL? I was planning on getting a preowned one, as the 3DS I have now is preowned.

I just got the 3DS and from what I've heard, the XL is much better. I got the 3DS OG as a birthday gift from my mother, so I'd feel kind of bad if I returned it, but I think she was a bit reluctant to get it anyways. I'm a bit of a softie when it comes to things like that.

Should I trade the OG in for the XL? I was planning on getting a preowned one, as the 3DS I have now is preowned.
Returning a birthday gift from your mom is a little bit of a low blow, but the XL is definitely better in almost everyway. Some people might prefer the smaller, more portable size of the reg 3DS but the screen size is night and day. I've got an XL and my friend has a reg and I can't even imagine playing on such a small screen. Also it's more comfortable in my hands.

Mix

If we do get a Halo 2 remake, I want extra campaign levels. I want an alternate Halo 2 that actually has an ending. Please 343, don't deny me this.

Much prefer the XL. Bigger screen means I don't have to hold it as close to my face for the 3D sweetspot and it's just more comfortable to hold and play with for long periods of time. My hands regularly cramped on the 3DS and the corners were too pointy. The XL has rounded corners and more mass makes for a more comfortable grip. And nobody puts their handhelds in their pockets anymore so size really is a non-issue.

DeadNames

Banned
Returning a birthday gift from your mom is a little bit of a low blow, but the XL is definitely better in almost everyway. Some people might prefer the smaller, more portable size of the reg 3DS but the screen size is night and day. I've got an XL and my friend has a reg and I can't even imagine playing on such a small screen. Also it's more comfortable in my hands.

Much prefer the XL. Bigger screen means I don't have to hold it as close to my face for the 3D sweetspot and it's just more comfortable to hold and play with for long periods of time. My hands regularly cramped on the 3DS and the corners were too pointy. The XL has rounded corners and more mass makes for a more comfortable grip. And nobody puts their handhelds in their pockets anymore so size really is a non-issue.

Evidently the XL is much better. The only thing stopping me from changing them out is the sentimental value. Money will not be a problem, as I'm getting almost 300 bucks from a play I'm doing and I still have leftover birthday money... It's all about morals now.

So, HaloGAF: Would you do it?

Mix

Evidently the XL is much better. The only thing stopping me from changing them out is the sentimental value. Money will not be a problem, as I'm getting almost 300 bucks from a play I'm doing and I still have leftover birthday money... It's all about morals now.

So, HaloGAF: Would you do it?
Look at it like your mom helped you buy the XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom