• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. The only offer I get it 3 months for $15(which is cheaper than the Amazon). The only thing I'm worried about is putting my card on my account and having Microsoft auto renew(even if I don't want it to). I also have no idea if you can remove the card.

You can remove the card. From the dashboard too I believe. Just make sure to remove the card well in advance of the renew date and you should be fine. Thats what I did.

This deserves to have XBL multiplayer.

CA making Halo Arena for Nextbox. F2P title on the new improved XBL arcade that has new content map updates on a 3 month schedule . Halo 5 ships with a version of Halo Arena using only a portion of the full title that has weapons from the campaign and maps based on campaign levels. Once installed to console this content can be used in Halo Arena.

Halo Arena returns Halo to its core but loadouts can be enabled for specific playlists.

Source

If 343 were to come out with a model that allows for the bolded, then they would be rolling in the dough. A constantly updating Halo XBL multiplayer experience that has content packs when newer games/features come out?

Fuck. Yes. We can all beg for a Halo 1/2 remake with XBL multiplayer all we want, but if any of those were to come out with the updates features of later Halo games then that would make a killing.

wwm0nkey

This deserves to have XBL multiplayer.

If 343 were to come out with a model that allows for the bolded, then they would be rolling in the dough. A constantly updating Halo XBL multiplayer experience that has content packs when newer games/features come out?

Fuck. Yes. We can all beg for a Halo 1/2 remake with XBL multiplayer all we want, but if any of those were to come out with the updates features of later Halo games then that would make a killing.

Yeah a evolving Halo MP title that adds new content per major Halo release would be huge. As long as they have a Pay or Earn and not just Pay option for all armor/cosmetics I would totally be down.

Yeah a evolving Halo MP title that adds new content per major Halo release would be huge. As long as they have a Pay or Earn and not just Pay option for all armor/cosmetics I would totally be down.

I want Halo Arena now. Make the Halo releases add-ons and a campaign mode with firefight and have a evolving MP title.

wwm0nkey

I want Halo Arena now. Make the Halo releases add-ons and a campaign mode with firefight and have a evolving MP title.

Honestly I think evolving MP titles are the way to go rather than new MP every year. It makes sense for little titles but not for things like CoD and Halo anymore.

Honestly I think evolving MP titles are the way to go rather than new MP every year. It makes sense for little titles but not for things like CoD and Halo anymore.

I think Call of Duty Online is pushing towards it. I just wonder how viable it is in terms of annual return opposed to a yearly release. Its going to be cheaper to develop but its going to give you less return

wwm0nkey

I think Call of Duty Online is pushing towards it. I just wonder how viable it is in terms of annual return opposed to a yearly release. Its going to be cheaper to develop but its going to give you less return

They could combine both. Just have the yearly release add stuff to MP or pay for that stuff in the game if you are not interested in the SP

It just doesnt make sense to me coming from a milking Halo Franchise company like 343 that they would remake CE and not H2 and H3 at least...doesnt make any sense to me.

I rather them fix the future of the franchise than bring old titles back that won't have the same community from the original release.

Madness

How would I go about playing the majestic maps in MM?

Is that, just, not a thing?

I got lucky once and played a round of fiesta classic on skyline in action sack.

It's ridiculous how poor dlc implementation has been. Heavily weight the dlc for a while for the people who have it, especially majestic maps.

I'd rather play fiesta classic on skyline 99 times in a row than have to play solace again.

Karl2177

What's up with theses challenge payouts?

First game after 2 months. Frank, I'll carry you in SWAT any day.
ZcOB3W5.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It just doesnt make sense to me coming from a milking Halo Franchise company like 343 that they would remake CE and not H2 and H3 at least...doesnt make any sense to me.
It makes complete sense. CE was to get their feet wet, and would also sell a ton more than remaking Halo 2 and Halo 3, especially since those would be increasingly closer to their remake releases too. Halo CE already got a lot of "already?" responses, just imagine that amplified for 2 and 3. Just because they did CE doesn't mean OH NOW THEY HAVE TO DO 2 AND 3.

Maybe years and years ahead, but they can do other stuff too rather than the same song and dance. Even the way they've "milked" Halo thus far doesn't lend itself quite well to deducing a pattern anyways.

Duji

My my, the most quality post you've ever written.

We were talking last night (u4ix, greenskull, Minolta, and I) about the state of this game and we all came to a really sound conclusion that I haven't seen presented here but could possibly work. Assuming the don't get rid of loadouts, what do you guys think about having at launch with the next title a playlist that resembles classic halo (currently team throwdown but with radar) and a new playlist that allows these loadouts but has it in the style of league of legends - you have to lock in your picks at the start so you KNOW what you're dealing with. Minolta even brought up the point that camo and pro vision shouldn't be allowed as loadouts, only things that alter movement, things like thruster, a potential double jump, etc.

I know that we all want no loadouts and a return to standard, equal starts, that's not the point. The point is trying to make loadouts more fair since that's the direction it seems they're taking it.

This is actually a very good idea. Back in one OT I was talking about this very issue with H4, the fact that you can change loadouts which creates very unpredictable gameplay and cited League of Legends as a game that does it right with its summoner spells. This is the only way to do AAs at spawn.

My my, the most quality post you've ever written.

We were talking last night (u4ix, greenskull, Minolta, and I) about the state of this game and we all came to a really sound conclusion that I haven't seen presented here but could possibly work. Assuming the don't get rid of loadouts, what do you guys think about having at launch with the next title a playlist that resembles classic halo (currently team throwdown but with radar) and a new playlist that allows these loadouts but has it in the style of league of legends - you have to lock in your picks at the start so you KNOW what you're dealing with. Minolta even brought up the point that camo and pro vision shouldn't be allowed as loadouts, only things that alter movement, things like thruster, a potential double jump, etc.

I know that we all want no loadouts and a return to standard, equal starts, that's not the point. The point is trying to make loadouts more fair since that's the direction it seems they're taking it.

This is what I wanted the entire time with Halo 4. 343, you can change the game and keep all these awful changes, but at least have a classic Halo style set of playlist at launch so Halo fans who don't like the new changes don't get the short end.

Halo 4 would have retained more of the fanbase if it would have launched with Team Throwdown, and Throwdown style Objective playlists with a ranking system.

Only problem is its becoming more and more intrusive. Like back in Halo 3, oh dont like the new changes? Go into forge and remove the equipment off the ground. Now its like creeping in at every angle.

Perks were made and each one changed core gameplay a bit. You cant just simply turn these off as they are engrained into the engine.

Ordnance and global ordnance messed up the entire weapon system that was actually nearing perfection that they had been working and tweaking the last two games.

Loadouts solve one problem (AR vs BR) but create an entirely new random slot machine dynamic of what you are up against. When all they had to do was make simple loadouts that could be set in stone like Spawn and Secondary weapon and your AA choice (which could be Sprint or None) Sprint needed to be a Special AA that you could have on top of another AA but could also be turned off...

One body hit snipers are dumb, that weapon should only be in fiesta gametypes.

Instant Respawn is a cool option to have, but in no way should it have been default. I get they were trying to make this cool dynamic large battle going on with weapons dropping people powering up after streaks but it just works a lot better when no matter what you have people die in a couple hits (CoD) it doesnt work so well when you power up and have like three active things benefiting you over the other team.

JIP creates so many new problems but its irrelevant since every playlist is social. No ranking system creates a whole new set of problems too (Mainly people not giving a fuck), solving just the cheaters problem.

heckfu

Banned
One body hit snipers are dumb, that weapon should only be in fiesta gametypes.

I think that it's a problem as it stands now being a random ordnace, but could you imagine if every game (objective, slayer, or otherwise) had a static 1-hit sniper that spawned ONCE? It could be amazing! Every game would have that push in the middle where you could stop and strategize for it or ignore it and keep pushing for the objective while the other team is distracted.

And not the Binary as it is standard, but just like a two-shot clip unaffected by the ammo perk.

Nope thats dumb you got a body shot you dont get a kill.

In Instagibs games its cool, in any regular Halo mode Slayer or Objecty no I think thats just a bad gameplay choice to put a weapon like that in the game.

Madness

I think that it's a problem as it stands now being a random ordnace, but could you imagine if every game (objective, slayer, or otherwise) had a static 1-hit sniper that spawned ONCE? It could be amazing! Every game would have that push in the middle where you could stop and strategize for it or ignore it and keep pushing for the objective while the other team is distracted.

And not the Binary as it is standard, but just like a two-shot clip unaffected by the ammo perk.

If everyone has an equal chance to get it, sure. It'd be treated like another power weapon no? I also dislike the binary rifle because of it's easy kill nature, but that's primarily because 2-3 people have one every single match while other people get shit like needlers.

I like the fact that unlike the sniper trail after a bullet fire, you pretty much give away your location with the binary rifle before you shoot. It's still a bit too easy to use however.

Edit: Oh you mean any standard sniper is one hit kill? Like a special version of a sniper in a power position on the map?

heckfu

Banned
Edit: Oh you mean any standard sniper is one hit kill? Like a special version of a sniper in a power position on the map?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant instead of the binary having 4 total shots, limiting it to 2. Have it act exactly the same way but since it's so easy to use I didn't want to justify it having so much ammo.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant instead of the binary having 4 total shots, limiting it to 2. Have it act exactly the same way but since it's so easy to use I didn't want to justify it having so much ammo.

Then what's the point? I honestly wouldn't rush to much for a one shot kill with 2 shots only, even if it'd only spawn once a match.

A quick 2 kill weapon in play for 15 seconds isn't very useful in a 15 minute game.

CyReN

If H2A happens and follows the Perfect Dark formula (updated graphics/online + spectator mode) I'll never bitch about Halo again.

Madness

Then what's the point? I honestly wouldn't rush to much for a one shot kill with 2 shots only, even if it'd only spawn once a match.

A quick 2 kill weapon in play for 15 seconds isn't very useful in a 15 minute game.

What do you mean? You don't have to use it right away. You can pick it up, and then switch back to normal weapons. If weapons didn't disappear so quickly, if you die, your teammates could pick it up or the other team could get it.

There's been plenty of matches decided by 1 kill etc. Imagine a photo finish flag run by both teams, but one has a one hit kill sniper, BAM, take him out, cap the flag and win.

I don't think the binary rifle is so obnoxious as to keep it out all match. Reduce the ammo to two shots, keep it on a 3-4 minute spawn in a central location.

What do you mean? You don't have to use it right away. You can pick it up, and then switch back to normal weapons. If weapons didn't disappear so quickly, if you die, your teammates could pick it up or the other team could get it.

There's been plenty of matches decided by 1 kill etc. Imagine a photo finish flag run by both teams, but one has a one hit kill sniper, BAM, take him out, cap the flag and win.

I don't think the binary rifle is so obnoxious as to keep it out all match. Reduce the ammo to two shots, keep it on a 3-4 minute spawn in a central location.

In a game with Insta-respawn, 2 deaths aren't going to do much.

Striker

I rather see rockets, shotgun, sword, human sniper/beam rifle, or even weapons like Reach had in the grenade launcher and plasma launcher (that did not kill with such ease and from across the map with a single shot) as power weapons on the map to contest over.

Toss the Binary Rifle into the dumpster bin with the Incineration Cannon and Spartan Laser.

Speedy you're only looking at the surface. What about map control? What about using that weapon to take out another team's power weapon? What about setups to make power plays? etc.

And agreed heckfu. How hard is it to get multi kills with Rockets yet there's much less complaining about those.. The Binary Rifle just needs a little less aim assist/magnetism IMO.

Eww console hype. Gross.

Think of it this way, the only way to play Halo
2 Anniversary
is by buying the Next Xbox.

Does that not hype you! :D

I just ordered my first ever smart phone. The HTC One. Speedy will be happy to know that I'm going to make the Superintendent tone as my ringtone.

That's actually my Ringtone as well :p All the sounds from my phone are ODST related :) Enjoy the phone man.

There's definitely room for instagib in my heart.

iHKf8APnRsDfc.jpg

But as a side gametype. [Or just don't.. ah what's the point. 343 confuse me so much. ]
Wasn't this an Unreal Tournament Map? Can't remember its name. I played the UT3 map version.

God the very first FPS game before playing Halo 1 for me had to be Unreal Tournament on Sega Dreamcast. ;-;
Its name is Facing Worlds ^
Was also remade in Halo 3 later.
I did not know this.. Thank u :3

His parents finally let him try Jack Daniels BBQ sauce on his steak. He was friggen wasted the rest of the night.

Whats that get Heckfu?

Its name is Facing Worlds ^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom