• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

u4iX

SAD-FAN.gif

kDIedeD.gif

willow ve

CyReN, bro. I totally cheered the Wings on to that win in Anaheim last night. Just wanted you to know. Seemed like there were more Wings fans than Ducks fans there haha.
Wings fans are the best. A game at Joe Louis Arena feels like going home for Thanksgiving.

H2A:

-Halo 2 ranking and matchmaking system
-Halo: Reach armor and credit system
-Halo: Reach host selection
-Halo 3 Theater
-Halo: Reach file sharing, tagging, and rendering
-Halo: Reach Sword
-Halo: Reach Plasma Pistol
-Halo: Reach Forge with Halo 4 set pieces
-60 fps

I'd rather have that Halo 2: CE mod over an exact remake of Halo 2's gameplay.

Here's a random FFA of the gameplay. Definitely some cool stuff in there like that Pistol and Needler-Shotgun thing that looks like the Sentinel Beam.

God you are all so damn catty and vicious. No wonder people don't come in here anymore.

Maybe another reason is because of how unwelcoming many of you "OG HaloGAF who joined before 2012" are and how cliquey this place is?

Oh idk, could be that or how about the hypocritical mentality many of you have on here regarding posting styles?

Ohhhh idkkkk... could be a lot of things.

Exwife I just wanted to let you know you can reply to posts in something other than a .gif image. Text perhaps, with thoughts or words in them, if you don't have any of those then you can simply just remain quiet.

Thanks in advance.

Devo we arent catty at all, we are sassy. I'm at work otherwise I'd get on Reach.

Coming from the guy who's infamous for posting things like "this game sucks" and " -insert random bs here- " and "HGS"

Yeah Ex, keep posting those gifs and making me laugh. Not that I'm complaining about people posting their inside jokes or whatever, but I'm complaining about people complaining about tedious crap and wanting to make Mt. Everest out of Bottles's home.

Decipher that OddOne.

umpboom.gif

Ken

How about sticking it into the commedation system way in the back of the game. People who like playing Spartan dress up are happy and other players are not being forced to see their primairy "rank" being a bunch of stupid numbers.

Because commendations are terrible?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
How about sticking it into the commedation system way in the back of the game. People who like playing Spartan dress up are happy and other players are not being forced to see their primairy "rank" being a bunch of stupid numbers.

Customization in games = dress up. k.

Anyways, sure, whatever, just keep the system there. Unlocking stuff, despite a lot of bitching, is fun and has value to a lot of people. At this point it's been in more Halo core games than not.

TheOddOne

A whole wall of nothing. Decipher that.

It's like you blocked out the commendations that were unobtainable by people who like fun.
Commendation system in Reach was terrible. I'm basically advocating to renaming the XP system to the commendation system, same rules apply as the XP system but it's less in your face like the commendation system.

Customization in games = dress up. k.

Anyways, sure, whatever, just keep the system there. Unlocking stuff, despite a lot of bitching, is fun and has value to a lot of people. At this point it's been in more Halo core games than not.
Meant to disrespect, Cyclone.

Ken

Commendation system in Reach was terrible. I'm basically advocating to renaming the XP system to the commendation system, same rules apply as the XP system but it's less in your face like the commendation system.

So you only get XP for hitting certain milestones?

wwm0nkey

Without getting into personal attack territory, why the hate for Dan from ReadyUpLive? He seems like a decent guy?

He is a nice guy but posting stuff like "my survey said more than 50% of people like SP means SP is more popular" (or at least something close to that) does not exactly show you know what you are talking about.

Are you basing this off of their maps or their games? Max Hoberman was the Halo Multiplayer designer so there is that.

Dominion and them REALLY liking power weapons. I've never played crimson alliance, or any of there other games if they have any. If Hoberman is in charge maybe we'll see something decent. No idea.

Without getting into personal attack territory, why the hate for Dan from ReadyUpLive? He seems like a decent guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_3pYCVWyoM

I don't think it's Greenskull as much as RUL in general. Their audience seems to be a younger demographic and the content they produce reflects that (ie I less than 343 ). I think the content is pretty mediocre generic youtube stuff and isn't worth it to complain about tbh. On top of that he's said some silly stuff that makes him look incredibly uniformed.

Commendations stink. I never ever want to be a driver in a vehicle so I can get wheelman or whatever. Dumb.

Just do the Halo 3 way give 1 XP to a win (Lose 1 for a quit) so more people want to play correctly and win then they can buy some armor that doesnt effect the actual game in anyways besides the enjoyment those random people get from dressing up their man barbies. N thats a win win right there!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Commendations stink. I never ever want to be a driver in a vehicle so I can get wheelman or whatever. Dumb.

Just do the Halo 3 way give 1 XP to a win (Lose 1 for a quit) so more people want to play correctly and win then they can buy some armor that doesnt effect the actual game in anyways besides the enjoyment those random people get from dressing up their man barbies. N thats a win win right there!

Can I get sports teams jerseys for my Chief?

Yeah Ex, keep posting those gifs and making me laugh. Not that I'm complaining about people posting their inside jokes or whatever, but I'm complaining about people complaining about tedious crap and wanting to make Mt. Everest out of Bottles's home.

Haha. I didn't even see that. This thread apparently went post-happy while I was at lunch/meetings.

Juicy-poo, you alright today, bud? Would it be better if every day I included population charts at least once?

The ones I post are either for humor, or because this particular group of folks often has trouble infering inflection from text alone. There's usually words attached to them too. Not always, but whatever.

At least I don't post weird cryptic shit or *actual shit* like some people (cough *unknown* cough).

Ken

Yup, it's the exactly like the XP system and how it unlocks now in Halo 4.

I feel that an actual rank should mean something, it should not be fluff numbers.

Uh, okay. I don't like armor pieces being locked behind ridiculous requirements (Loadout Mastery commendations for example), or being forced to play in ways I don't want to play. It doesn't help that a few weapons are terrible or redundant that make the grind an uphill battle against my sanity.

Just copy LoL's XP and ELO system or something.

TheOddOne

Uh, okay. I don't like armor pieces being locked behind ridiculous requirements (Loadout Mastery commendations for example), or being forced to play in ways I don't want to play. It doesn't help that a few weapons are terrible or redundant that make the grind an uphill battle against my sanity.
Yeah, I agree. They took the concept from COD (Like sprint x amount, kills x amount with weapon x) and just made it ridiculously interconnected with everything. COD had it right, do this one thing till the end and you get the prize. Reach instead did the concept of do this, this and that and then you will get x prize. Which was annoying.

Just copy LoL's XP and ELO system or something.

Pretty much this, I still have to play 120 Dominion games to get Noble 1's armor and Im still stuck at the three default poses for your spartan.

So what do you guys think the chances of MLGs game being done by CA would be?

I think its more likely MLG are just making sure CA is going to be creating a playspace for their company to be able to bring Halo back to the pro circuit, on H2A. Less likely they are creating their own game...yet. Thats way down the line.

95% sure.

N Exwife To be fair quite a bit of your posts are just imgur gifs with no words. Go back and look at your post history if you dont believe me. Sometimes you have to get a step back before you can see what you're doing. Its just some positive criticism post more thoughts and less reaction gifs that dont add anything.

Trasher

Haha. I didn't even see that. This thread apparently went post-happy while I was at lunch/meetings.

Juicy-poo, you alright today, bud? Would it be better if every day I included population charts at least once?

The ones I post are either for humor, or because this particular group of folks often has trouble infering inflection from text alone. There's usually words attached to them too. Not always, but whatever.

At least I don't post weird cryptic shit or *actual shit* like some people (cough *unknown* cough).

Worst humor ever?

image.php

Am I doing it right? Or do I need less words and more pictures?

dem rounded edges
mak me cry evrtiem

Honestly, the Forge palette needs an overhaul. 90% of the objects are just randomly thrown in without any thought behind it.

I don't see how the forge palette as it stands made it into Halo 4. Half of the Flat objects have bumps that make moving on them painful. Magnet points could have been great but the need much better placement and implementation. Some items are worthless and the Item limits are such a hindrance.

I mean I get most of Halo 4 seems rushed but forge seems super rushed. Even if we can't have Far Cry editor because of Engine limitations at least give us better objects and terrain items like Hill 1-5 so we don't have to create make shit mountains using badly shaped rocks.

I have been part of some pretty embarrassing lists but this takes the cake.

Yo Henery snipes guardian 1v1 let's go.
i actually really want to do this, I was rusty as hell when we played the other day - could be a fun custom - I wanna play snipes in halo 3 more

Let's do it. Love me some Halo 3 snipes. Octagon was good too.

I think that the map design is incredibly important, and id even go as far as saying that its even more important than balance. Halo2 to me was an incredibly unbalanced game. But it was fun. Why? Cause the maps were fucking awesome.

When you have great maps, its 80% of the job successfully done to me. And as an example, Headlong in Reach. Man, that map was so fucking fun, i could have played on it 24/7.

Agreed. Playing the cream of Halo 3's crop recently really drives home just how important map quality is even if some aspects of the game are less than optimal. The caliber of maps has plummeted so drastically since Reach and I think the primary culprit is sprint. Basically makes a map like Midship or Lockout a nonsense. Plus there's something I find just tacky and cheap about sprint, it's completely unneccesary and damages the game in an insidious, not always perceptible manner. Stop/start, two tone movement speed. Detracts from flow and focus. Up the base movement speed and ditch sprint. The decline in map quality also suspiciously coincides with around the time they started to view Forge as a fully fledged map maker ie Forge World. From a developer standpoint, can they seriously stand back and say they've done the best they can when they launch a AAA title with gems like Boneyard, Paradiso, Spire, Abandon and Vortex?

Yea I'd wish there was more talk of burning all AA's and Perks and Loadouts and going back to real Halo.

Lets stop trying to figure out how we can correctly implement these pieces of crap. Its wasting so much time when the time should be spent on properly planning out the playlists and properly implementing well made and tested maps into the correct playlists, with a working ranking system that bans cheaters.

Allowing a great campaign to exist with aesthetic player progression.

And having features at least equal to the last iteration.

Yep

Fuchsdh

I think its more likely MLG are just making sure CA is going to be creating a playspace for their company to be able to bring Halo back to the pro circuit, on H2A. Less likely they are creating their own game...yet. Thats way down the line.

95% sure.

N Exwife To be fair quite a bit of your posts are just imgur gifs with no words. Go back and look at your post history if you dont believe me. Sometimes you have to get a step back before you can see what you're doing. Its just some positive criticism post more thoughts and less reaction gifs that dont add anything.

I think you might be blinding yourself a bit with what you *hope* to be true there.

wwm0nkey

95% sure.
If Halo 2 Anniversary wasn't flat out denied I would agree. Maybe CA halo spin-off though?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

95% sure.

Totally agree.

Karl2177

Can you still do the method for getting gold for $1 every month when you go silver?

Nah. The only offer I get it 3 months for $15(which is cheaper than the Amazon). The only thing I'm worried about is putting my card on my account and having Microsoft auto renew(even if I don't want it to). I also have no idea if you can remove the card.

CA making Halo Arena for Nextbox. F2P title on the new improved XBL arcade that has new content map updates on a 3 month schedule . Halo 5 ships with a version of Halo Arena using only a portion of the full title that has weapons from the campaign and maps based on campaign levels. Once installed to console this content can be used in Halo Arena.

Halo Arena returns Halo to its core but loadouts can be enabled for specific playlists.

Source

wwm0nkey

I think they might be doing their own thing. Maybe iOS game, MOBA or F2P shooter (Seems like most the industry is going that direction).

There are way too many MOBA games right now (still wish GG: Overture wasnt crap) but a hardcore F2P FPS would be cool and with nextgen systems apparently going with F2P I think that would be a good decision.

CA making Halo Arena for Nextbox. F2P title on the new improved XBL arcade that has new content map updates on a 3 month schedule . Halo 5 ships with a version of Halo Arena using only a portion of the full title that has weapons from the campaign and maps based on campaign levels. Once installed to console this content can be used in Halo Arena.

Halo Arena returns Halo to its core but loadouts can be enabled for specific playlists.

Source

You forgot to mention the Halo Map Network!
(Would seriously be ok with a "Halo Arena")

It just doesnt make sense to me coming from a milking Halo Franchise company like 343 that they would remake CE and not H2 and H3 at least...doesnt make any sense to me.

TheOddOne

There are way too many MOBA games right now (still wish GG: Overture wasnt crap) but a hardcore F2P FPS would be cool and with nextgen systems apparently going with F2P I think that would be a good decision.
The reason I think it might be possible they are making that type of game is that next generation is really embracing F2P. Heck even Microsoft basically outright says in their joblistings that they are searching to publish "Games as services".

They kind of already tried that with Crimson Alliance. Them doing another stab at it would not suprise me one bit.

It just doesnt make sense to me coming from a milking Halo Franchise company like 343 that they would remake CE yet and not H2 and H3 at least...doesnt make any sense to me.

I see demand for H2:A. Its not going to be released until 2014 so I think its early to start talking about it Honestly I'd expect an announcement at either E3 2013 if they want to push nextbox hype overboard or more realistically at E3 2014. Nextbox half a year into its life having H2:A would be a great way to say "We are supporting the core"

wwm0nkey

The reason I think it might be possible they are making that type of game is that next generation is really embracing F2P. Heck even Microsoft basically outright says in their joblistings that they are searching to publish "Games as services".

They kind of already tried that with Crimson Alliance. Them doing another stab at it would not suprise me one bit.

I know I am agreeing and I am VERY happy Microsoft and Sony are embracing F2P because when done right (Tribes, PSO2, DoTA/LoL) it can be amazing and if CA has a F2P Hardcore shooter planned for the nextbox that would great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom