• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula

Heavies/Slayer, the 343 way!

Seriously. 343 took Heavies and made it the 'standard' BTB experience on Halo 4. I hope to see this change in Halo 5. I can't stand heavies in the slightest. Pretty much every vehicle is on borrowed time unless you play absolutely clueless people.

It's funny. Halo 5 is the first Halo I'll be buying without jumping into it pretty much blinded by hype and hope.

Striker

Cragmire marked the death of BTB in Halo Reach for me. Mind you the Gulch had put all but the last nail in the coffin.
BTB was mostly flag and bomb until 343 made it practically all slayer/heavies. Then to twist the knife they make things like Boneyard and Spire show up in the first vote since they were default maps from the beginning.

Madness

Cragmire stands on it's own for being the worst map put in Reach. Good lord the weapons spawns :lol

Lol, easiest 36 kills I ever got. Gauss cannon, wraith, rockethog, spartan laser, focus rifle, rockets, Plasma lancher etc. Such a clusterfuck. Funniest part is people still actually think flying the falcon is a good idea on this map. Flying death traps shot out of the sky within seconds.

Nebula

BTB pre heavies wasn't that bad. it was actually one of the only playlists I could stand.

Pre heavies was beautiful. Vehicles were usable, and fun to work with and against in a game. They were key weapons in controlling a map and winning a game. Now they just feel like a power weapon you get, shoot a few times, then lose it. Basically impossible to run any vehicle unless you're in a team of 6-8. Heavies was fun at first. A great bit of mayhem even but I soon realised that it was pretty crap in terms of balance and quality of gameplay. It was a spamfest most of the time, and never produced any great matches.

DeadNames

Banned
Pre heavies was beautiful. Vehicles were usable, and fun to work with and against in a game. They were key weapons in controlling a map and winning a game. Now they just feel like a power weapon you get, shoot a few times, then lose it. Basically impossible to run any vehicle unless you're in a team of 6-8. Heavies was fun at first. A great bit of mayhem even but I soon realised that it was pretty crap in terms of balance and quality of gameplay. It was a spamfest most of the time, and never produced any great matches.

I haven't played Reach in a long time... I doubt it's any worse than Halo 4.

Omni

Cragmire marked the death of BTB in Halo Reach for me. Mind you the Gulch had put all but the last nail in the coffin.

Really? I had so much fun playing assault variants on Blood Gulch in Reach. Even going in alone. I'm pretty sure that like 80% of my games played were in BTB actually.

Of course given what 343i did to BTB, it's pretty much dead to me now.

Nebula

Really? I had so much fun playing assault variants on Blood Gulch in Reach. Even going in alone. I'm pretty sure that like 80% of my games played were in BTB actually.

Of course given what 343i did to BTB, it's pretty much dead to me now.

Once you got past the cliff DMRs and sniper behind base, you then had to put up with the in base Shotgunners or Plasma Pistol melee noobs. Killed the map for me. It was some slow war of attrition unless teams were massively unbalanced.

Fuchsdh

Top 300 channels only, so basically no console streams. Get your shit together Twitch. Your apps suck.

Yeah that's sort of an arbitrary limitation...

Anyone here *not* think we're going to get a Twitch/MS deal as part of the 720? Seems like a better partnership than Ustream simply because Twitch is far more popular over here in the west...

willow ve

I'm preparing myself to be greatly underwhelmed with the nextbox reveal. You all should do the same. It's going to be entertainment and Kinect 2.0 focused. Gaming will be secondary.

Omni

I'm preparing myself to be greatly underwhelmed with the nextbox reveal. You all should do the same. It's going to be entertainment and Kinect 2.0 focused. Gaming will be secondary.

I dunno. I'm pretty damn excited.

Microsoft knows that first and foremost, people are looking for a new gaming console. They aren't going to skimp on such a major selling point. I expect any reveal to be equally focused on the entertainment and gaming aspects.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

lol I don't think so. Entertainment? Yes. Kinect? Yes. The thing will be about gaming though. Hell, CoD will be there, Halo might.

Ghazi

Twitch app blows, US only, Gold only, top 300 channels only, can't navigate it with either my fight pad or my friends fight stick. The only good thing about it is now I can watch EVO and be in parties with my friends.

As long it plays Halo and only Halo.
VtKFLNG.jpg

I'll wait awhile before getting it (360 rrod tragedy)

Crazy stuff. Was the search stuff too resource consuming or something?
Revenue from those channels is probably nil, and the viewship is so low for them, especially on any non website device?

Lame decision either way. If it's a twitch side I one, it does make me cautious of how any future version would be on the Nextbox. Top 300 & friends maybe?
lThe thing will be about gaming though. Hell, CoD will be there, Halo might.
Ooh COD and maybe Halo. *blank stare*

I know that wasn't your point. But still.

Fuchsdh

I'm personally excited about Kinect 2 being in every box. If they can solve the latency issues the voice commands alone would be awesome to add to games (less so the gestures, although I guess if the tracking is better they could also address the issues with it only working with X amount of room. Still seems more iffy.)

Mix

I actually think that this reveal is going to be more media focused with some games. E3 is where they'll show the games. That's just my guess though.
When they announced the date they said it would be more hardware on the 21st and then gaming in their E3 presentation.

Halo |OT17| Halo 5: Reach 4 ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom