• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't explained it fully! That's my point, if he's going to act like the bigger person and not discuss it then he should just drop it. As someone who knows full and well what it's like to move and subsequently get fucked over by an employer, I empathize with what he apparently went through. Dragging their name and every step they make isn't a way to get over it, trust me.

edit: further, after his halo farewell, he's certainly paying it a lot of attention still.

Sounds like most halogaffers that've left.

Gui_PT

ibf94hOe2SHb2I.gif

HGS

IHaveIce

Banned
This.

Also, if you use the "new" layout, you should be able to edit that directly on the stream page.

EDIT: To do that, click on the title itself. Similar to how you can edit youtube video info.
Thanks guys for all the help will look into all of this
we were being streamed? Even those "pro" custom games? God, i would have tried harder had i known
Don't worry we hadn't had many viewers lol.
Good games, yall.

Yeah good games, Kittens and I got destroyed in doubles... mostly me but wow.

Avalanche heavies wasn't overly competitive, it was just fucking fun no matter who won, because it was so damn crazy. Definitely my favorite map and gametype towards the end of H3's lifespan. I always enjoyed our HaloGAF games on that too.

I actually just straight up really liked HaloGAF games during H3. They were always fun, nobody was too aggressive or serious, and people were rad. I miss the [ [ H A L O ] ] map/gametype too. Shit was fucking hilarious with 16 people.

It's a bummer I just joined NeoGAF near the end of the Halo 3 thread. I didn't really start playing with HaloGAF until Reach.

What was the [ [ H A L O ] ] gametype all about?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
blah blah never edit, but i'd hate to get banned for a stupid joke.

hows life everyone.
I lol'd. HaloGAF is like some futuristic prison where, even if you escape, a chip in your brain compels you to commit suicide or turn yourself back in. There's no hope for us.

TCKaos

Can we get custom controls in the next TU? I'm switching between Bumper Jumper and Recon every game because with Bumper Jumper I can't aim while jetpacking (I never realized how amazing that was, holy shit) but with Recon I can't aim while using melee (which is fucking stupid, because you have to turn rapidly to melee moving enemies).

It's causing more muscle memory issues than it should and I've died more than enough times because of it. Is there a controller I can get that would allow me to have the control scheme I want? One where I can manually reprogram the buttons myself? This is some bullshit, and I've never realized how big of a deal it was.

Sai-kun

Banned
It's a bummer I just joined NeoGAF near the end of the Halo 3 thread. I didn't really start playing with HaloGAF until Reach.

What was the [ [ H A L O ] ] gametype all about?

it was a giant zombies map in the sky of sandbox, where every spartan starts off in a little area of vehicles, and has to drive through this course where the 'road' starts out fine, but eventually gets narrower, more uneven, and then has ramps and stuff, all while trying to: 1) fall off and 2) not get sniped/rocketed by the zombie player that's stationed in the middle of this giant ring of a racetrack (hence the Halo name). There were originally only Mongeese available to drive, but I changed the track up a little and threw in some Ghosts, Choppers, Hogs, and I think even a tank or something just for the laughs.

Back in Comiccon when pro players were playing Halo 4 I thought they (343) were working with them in tuning the weapons before launch. And again at MLG on Nov. 5th. Man this whole "Let's Hire a Pro to the team and Invite peeps to seattle to further playtest the settings (Way After Launch) instead of doing this beforehand and launching a Beta to further polishing MP... Now its almost 6 months since the initial release and look how much progress is made. Don't get me wrong sounding salty, its just abit depressing and concerning seeing the whole community dwindling to nothing and the Halo industry struggling. Perhaps better late than never But I don't understand how so much could've been prevented to better the game and achieve considerable feedback to "Reborn" the franchise. I get that resources is a relevant issue since post launch and time wasn't at the developers side. At least they've admitted their issues and I honestly do hope they can rebuild everything after all that's been lost...

InvisibleKnight

Neo Member
Can we get custom controls in the next TU? I'm switching between Bumper Jumper and Recon every game because with Bumper Jumper I can't aim while jetpacking (I never realized how amazing that was, holy shit) but with Recon I can't aim while using melee (which is fucking stupid, because you have to turn rapidly to melee moving enemies).

It's causing more muscle memory issues than it should and I've died more than enough times because of it. Is there a controller I can get that would allow me to have the control scheme I want? One where I can manually reprogram the buttons myself? This is some bullshit, and I've never realized how big of a deal it was.

Razer Sabertooth?
I've been using that beast for a while and it was amazing while it lasted. Razer controllers aren't famous for building quality and in my experience the new model was no exception to the rule.
It might be bad luck... If you have the money and want to take risks (RMA service is fast at least) I'd recommend to try it.

Rev3rb

Razer Sabertooth?
I've been using that beast for a while and it was amazing while it lasted. Razer controllers aren't famous for building quality and in my experience the new model was no exception to the rule.
It might be bad luck... If you have the money and want to take risks (RMA service is fast at least) I'd recommend to try it.

Was thinking of picking one of those up. Any upsides to having one other than being able to reprogram controls?

DeadNames

Banned
I hate to get all sensy gaf here, but can we keep suicide jokes to a minimum? I've had some really close friends almost kill themselves, and it pains me to hear people joke like it's nothing.

Halo.

JackHerer

You know that reporting sales figures is not patting yourself on the back, right? Reporting is just reporting, good or bad.

As much as people critique 343 for support, they are steadly improving--not quite there-- but it's a mark improvement where some of the bigger complaints are being examined.

It's easy to criticize them but I also recognize that they have done a decent job in making the game better though the pace of improvement has been a bit slow.

I still play Halo 4. There's a lot wrong with it as a Halo game but it is still a pretty good game overall.

JackHerer

Razer Sabertooth?

The build quality is better than the Onza but their digital sensitivity adjustment they added to replace the resistance knobs kinda sucks. The paddle on the back is nice though. Perfect if you use bumper jumper and want to jetpack without learning to claw.

I just bought a scuf controller and I'm never going back to Razer. It has the same kind of paddles on the back although they aren't programmable; you have to specify when you order it which button you want it to mimic. The quality is top-notch on these things. Very pricey though.

InvisibleKnight

Neo Member
Was thinking of picking one of those up. Any upsides to having one other than being able to reprogram controls?

slow turn checker I guess but 2 extra bumpers and 4 extra buttons are the big features here. The oled display is pretty useless overall (unless you plan to change the sticks sensibility/button layout on the go while playing).
If you're going to use the rear paddles I would recommend to keep it simple because it is easy to get confused.

The build quality is better than the Onza but their digital sensitivity adjustment they added to replace the resistance knobs kinda sucks. The paddle on the back is nice though. Perfect if you use bumper jumper and want to jetpack without learning to claw.

I just bought a scuf controller and I'm never going back to Razer. It has the same kind of paddles on the back although they aren't programmable; you have to specify when you order it which button you want it to mimic. The quality is top-notch on these things. Very pricey though.
Protip: NEVER buy Onza guys. Ever.

I've heard only positive things about Scuf controllers but the deal-breaking feature for me is that you can't remap buttons once you bought it.

Purplemage

Neo Member
Finally got internet at the new place! Anyone down for some 4 or Reach?

Edit: I can't wait to see the changes made to AR and the chain guns tomorrow. I know the bulletin states Mantis and Warthog chain gun, but do we have any clue if that will affect the human turret as well? If so, fuck yes. Love that on a BTB loadout.

Ghazi

Was Iron Man 3 really that bad? From what I've heard it was actually pretty good, though my friends have a spotty track record at best. I'm going to see Iron Man 3 tomorrow, but I'm thinking of seeing Star Trek instead; I did like the first one. I did not like Iron Man 2 as much as the first Iron Man though.

Was Iron Man 3 really that bad? From what I've heard it was actually pretty good, though my friends have a spotty track record at best. I'm going to see Iron Man 3 tomorrow, but I'm thinking of seeing Star Trek instead. I did like the first (new) one, I did not like Iron Man 2 as much as the first though.

I was expecting more, i thought it would be darker. The commercials give that type of a vibe. The first is still the best imo

CyReN

Was Iron Man 3 really that bad? From what I've heard it was actually pretty good, though my friends have a spotty track record at best. I'm going to see Iron Man 3 tomorrow, but I'm thinking of seeing Star Trek instead. I did like the first (new) one, I did not like Iron Man 2 as much as the first though.

It's pretty good, people may not like the twist in it.

Fuchsdh

I've always meant to try my hand at editing Spider-Man 3. As bad as that film was, I think 75% of its problems could have been solved just by someone editing all that go-go-Peter-Parker crap out of it.

Iron Man 3 wasn't too bad, although I think the twist was stupid.

The movie is no bad but some parts of the plot doesnt make any sense at all considering how Marvel managed theirs movies recently.

Ironman 1>Ironman 2 >Ironman 3

Hmmm, the dark vibes in the trailers made me think that the new director might not be afraid to do some serious shit in the movie. Cyren makes it sound like there is something like that in there though. I'm watching teaser's for both of them now and honestly I can't decide which one to watch because they both seem very good. I think I may stay firm on Iron Man 3 for now though because I'm more attached to that series than Star Trek.

Feels like they are aiming Ironman to the kids so they tunned down some parts of the movie.

Ghazi

Hmmm, the dark vibes in the trailers made me think that the new director might not be afraid to do some serious shit in the movie. Cyren makes it sound like there is something like that in there though. I'm watching teaser's for both of them now and honestly I can't decide which one to watch because they both seem very good. I think I may stay firm on Iron Man 3 for now though because I'm more attached to that series than Star Trek.

We're talkin about Spider-Man? Spider-Man 2 4lyfe, both videogame and movie.

The movie is no bad but some parts of the plot doesnt make any sense at all considering how Marvel managed theirs movies recently.

Ironman 1>Ironman 2 >Ironman 3
Meh, I don't like how they have to tie in all their movies (Avengers, Thor, Cap. A, etc.). I don't know why, but I was really hoping that they wouldn't have done something like that in IM3, I'd just rather have an isolated storyline because all their movies are getting confusing in their order (like you said)

Feels like they are aiming Ironman to the kids so they tunned down some parts of the movie.
Sounds lame.

I've always meant to try my hand at editing Spider-Man 3. As bad as that film was, I think 75% of its problems could have been solved just by someone editing all that go-go-Peter-Parker crap out of it.

Iron Man 3 wasn't too bad, although I think the twist was stupid.

It was a waste imo. I cant go into too much detail as to why for spoiler reasons, but i thought they wasted that opportunity.

Madness

I agree. It's why iron man 2 was shit. They tied too much of SHIELD and the Avengers into it. That was the movie that was supposed to be a self contained story about the challenges Tony faces being alone, dying, never living up to the reputation his father had.

Haven't seem Iron Man 3 yet, so I can't comment on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom