• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Getting matched with Ram and his KSI club members
UPb8tNA.jpg

Yup.

Anyone playing halo? I'm home today.

Today's daily challenge is win 10 slayer games for 3 000 credits. 300/win

This month's monthly is win 80 games for 15 000 credits. 187/win

dumb.
Home today and I'd be down to play, but I gotta work out, send some emails, blah blah blah aka I'll play in a couple of hours if you're down.
I might be biased by how shitty all the sanctuary remakes were in Reach with jetpack.

But I maintain CTF narrows trumps CTF sanctuary.

Lots of shitty remakes in Reach, and sadly most of the Sanctuary remakes ignored important geography and sight lines that Asylum also ignored.

Striker

I might be biased by how shitty all the sanctuary remakes were in Reach with jetpack.

But I maintain CTF narrows trumps CTF sanctuary.
I don't see anybody going around saying how bad Lockout is because its remake was created terribly in Halo 3. It's not Sanctuary's fault Bungie made a bad version of it and then allowed people to fly where they wanted.

Duji

My biggest problem with Reach and Halo 4 is this: Halo was my Q3A/UT on console. No leveling up bullshit. No class structure. Just learn maps, learn weapons and if you're really into it learn spawn times. No need to spend your life on the shit. Join a game, play, have fun.

Then Bungie said "no fuck you, here's some shit that instead of being on the map, is now going to be in loadouts." Then 343 said "fuck you even further, here's probably the best base game since 2 but we've piled even more random shit on top of it. Fuck your game of chess, those encounters are obviously too boring. What we need is some fast paced Call of Duty like game where instant spawns, ordinances, and all kinds of gimmicky tedious gibby shit rule the day. That will be tons more fun than any OG Halo ever was." And look at the population numbers. You wanted to appeal to the most fickle fucking players and they already left your game high and dry.

Edit: Also I don't fucking need levels. I don't fucking need credits. I don't fucking need new armor. I don't need to unlock fucking emblems. I don't need commendations, achievements or whatever stupid fucking carrot bullshit you assholes feel the need to implement in these games. I just need a game that's balanced and accessible. Fuck. I've outgrown games. This sucks.
Agreed. I really hope 343 aims for minimalism when it comes to H5, although I doubt it will happen.

heckfu

Banned
If even portions of Fyre's speculation there are marginally correct then the situation is even more fucking shameful than I initially thought.

You have to understand that fyrewulff has become a mad kid concerning halo. Everything that comes out of his mouth is pathetic and petty and 100% negative because he feels personally wronged by something 343 did. Now what happened he'll never say which means I quit caring; this vendetta of his is sad.

You have to understand that fyrewulff has become a mad kid concerning halo. Everything that comes out of his mouth is pathetic and petty and 100% negative because he feels personally wronged by something 343 did. Now what happened he'll never say which means I quit caring; this vendetta of his is sad.

It's really disappointing really, considering how devoted he previously was to the community. Considering I don't know what exactly happened I won't judge, but it's a crappy situation since individuals like him are what power the halo community.

But do you not think his anger, much like that of many people here and afar, is warranted after the things 343 have done?

It IS definitely warranted.

Provided it's true.

But why would we assume it's false when there has been plenty of people seeing it but no one shooting it down? Why would he lie about it? That's an even more absurd claim.

Are we just going to dismiss what he says because he is angry about it and pretend like 343 made no mistakes? There's slurping the D but then there's this.

heckfu

Banned
But why would we assume it's false when there has been plenty of people seeing it but no one shooting it down? Why would he lie about it? That's an even more absurd claim.

Are we just going to dismiss what he says because he is angry about it and pretend like 343 made no mistakes? There's slurping the D but then there's this.

He hasn't explained it fully! That's my point, if he's going to act like the bigger person and not discuss it then he should just drop it. As someone who knows full and well what it's like to move and subsequently get fucked over by an employer, I empathize with what he apparently went through. Dragging their name and every step they make isn't a way to get over it, trust me.

edit: further, after his halo farewell, he's certainly paying it a lot of attention still.

BigShow36

It's really disappointing really, considering how devoted he previously was to the community. Considering I don't know what exactly happened I won't judge, but it's a crappy situation since individuals like him are what power the halo community.

Good Halo games power the community.

Yeah, being honest, I would like to know what went down with Fyrewulff.
Because I like the guy, I want to, I think he's smart and hard working from what I understand, and he's always been friendly to me.

So I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it is difficult to accept such anger (especially when we have ..friends? at 343) without knowing what happened.

But both him and 343 are entitled to their private business.

Honestly don't give much of a fuck about what really happened with Wulf and 343. No one should really, drama is lame.

I played with the guy a few times and he seems like a good bloke so fuck it. Who cares.

Edit: Also GGs folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom