• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron man 3 really was just terrible, I dont want to spoiler anything, but its almost like they tried to suck all the fun out of the movie and replaced it with bad jokes.

yeah, iron man 3 was a really fun film. people who take comics way too seriously will hate it but it was awesome!

Na, its the trailers. They set a different expectation for it then it actually is. Hell, even the posters do that. They give it a very dark vibe, then you go see it and its practically a comedy.

yeah, iron man 3 was a really fun film. people who take comics way too seriously will hate it but it was awesome!

No it wasn't, they seriously gimped the fun and action in the movie. For most of it I felt like I was watching an aged Tony Stark stumble around.

The comedy in the movie was barely funny.

No it wasn't, they seriously gimped the fun and action in the movie. For most of it I felt like I was watching an aged Tony Stark stumble around.

The comedy in the movie was barely funny.

Yeah, I couldn't really appreciate the jokes either. The plot wasn't particularly strong, and I didn't care much for the action scenes either.

Hmmm, the dark vibes in the trailers made me think that the new director might not be afraid to do some serious shit in the movie.
It's a Shane Black movie through and through.

Na, its the trailers. They set a different expectation for it then it actually is. Hell, even the posters do that. They give it a very dark vibe, then you go see it and its practically a comedy.
Remember when people were actually surprised by movies and trailers didn't give everything away?

Mix

Quite OT, but
If you really need inspiration to work out, let your significant other break up with you. I started my normal 2 mile run, I'm not 15 miles out and walking. Bad day bro

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Quite OT, but
If you really need inspiration to work out, let your significant other break up with you. I started my normal 2 mile run, I'm not 15 miles out and walking. Bad day bro
That's what I did when Halo left me for COD.

Quite OT, but

Sorry to hear that bro, better to have loved and lost than blah blah blah though. It beats unrequited love any day. Still sucks though :(

Ghazi

Quite OT, but

So you just waited and let her break up with you even though everyone else told you to do it first because they could see it a mile away? Sorry man, hope you find the right person one day.

And get fit

Also, Iron man 3 seems to be really divisive. You guys seem to either completely hate it or really like it. I hope I like it when I see it, it looks good to me.

Your bad.

You don't even deserve a 'you're'.

Anyway, it's all about the Man of Steel.

You think your OddOne is safe? I WILL FIND HIM!!!

Superman: our protagonist is an invincible god! Oh, and he's a very boring invincible god. Sounds engaging right?

I never understood the appeal to Superman, although Man of Steel looks pretty cool, or I should say at least the production values look insane.

Haven't seen Iron Man 3, or Iron Man 2 for that matter. I want to see them now though because I do like Shane Black.

Back to AD rewatch before the new hotness hits

Best inspiration is to see a picture of me and you'll want to become as sexy as I am

Truly.

Milhouse_Future.png

Trasher

Superman: our protagonist is an invincible god! Oh, and he's a very boring invincible god. Sounds engaging right?

I never understood the appeal to Superman, although Man of Steel looks pretty cool, or I should say at least the production values look insane.

Haven't seen Iron Man 3, or Iron Man 2 for that matter. I want to see them now though because I do like Shane Black.

Back to AD rewatch before the new hotness hits

Yup. Superman is one of the lamest superheroes. However, this movie looks amazing and I hope it proves to be so.

Yeah, Superman is a very hard character to care about, what with his 'Mr. Perfect' demeanour and appearance.

But the tone of the movie and the fact they're not going with the terrible kyptonite angle is exciting.

Maybe they can make him relevant again, I hope so. But, I've always loved classic Superman, not really sure why though.

TCKaos

Superman is actually pretty awesome but no one can write him properly anymore. It's a damn shame.

"Nearly invincible alien potentially hated by humanity for constantly walking the thin line between savior and dictator while trying to discover what his purpose in life really is" versus "rich drunk asshole pretends to be a robot and jeopardizes national security".

As I said in another Superman related thread:

Personally, Superman's powers and abilities were never what made him interesting so a game wouldn't really do anything for me. It's how someone of a such a godlike stature relates to the rest of humanity and how such a being still believes in the best of us after seeing the worst side of us day after day; that's what makes Superman a compelling character.

All the interesting Superman stories don't really revolve around him beating the shit out of things.

Gui_PT

Best thing about working out is like, when you dislocate your shoulder holding 25kg and then accidentally "un-dislocate" it while trying to prevent the weight from falling on your head

Haha

Ha

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Best thing about working out is like, when you dislocate your shoulder holding 25kg and then accidentally "un-dislocate" it while trying to prevent the weight from falling on your head

Haha

Ha

Tell your shoulder to quit being a bitch and to get with the program.

#gainz

As I said in another Superman related thread:

All the interesting Superman stories don't really revolve around him beating the shit out of things.
It would be nice to see him portrayed that way, but even so, that premise isn't something I'm super interested in (not saying it couldn't be great if done right).
Word homie.

Go swim dude. Bitches love swimmers. Or bike. Make yourself look like some down-to-earth, outdoorsy guy.

I like to lift as my exercise, but holy shit is swimming an overlooked form of exercise. Great workout.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hows that GAF teaser from Game Trailers. On the plane right now and am not about to try to load it up.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just a few quotes from a couple of folks and then letters showing up on the screen.

Really short teaser to a trailer that'll be out on the 21st

Good. Let that shit get buried by the Xbox reveal. We don't need any more nerds on GAF lol

Gui_PT

Good. Let that shit get buried by the Xbox reveal. We don't need any more nerds on GAF lol

Oh there's going to be a flood of juniors after this :lol

E: By quotes I meant audio clips of like cliffyb's opinion on gaf and by letters I mean the names of the folks that are going to appear in this

English how am I use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom