• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylej

Banned
Running is overrated, go pick up some heavy shit.

Zc5EhSf.gif

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Man fuck Settler and fuck join in progress. Down by 500 points and the entire other team is camping the ridge and spawn killing us.

EDIT: If anyone wants to play Foxtrot and I are on. I won't be in chat though.

TCKaos

Man fuck Settler and fuck join in progress. Down by 500 points and the entire other team is camping the ridge and spawn killing us.

EDIT: If anyone wants to play Foxtrot and I are on. I won't be in chat though.

I've been finding that I've been getting dropped in to more JIP games as of late. I think it happened a few times playing with ExWife and everybody, too. How are games starting that are missing nearly half of their players? Last night we even had 5v1 or 6v1.

Wait, which one?

spoiler I'm on it

High five.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but some guys over at Se7ensins made some awesome modded gametypes.

synth92 from Se7ensins said:
These mods were made with our upcoming game type editor, Guilty Spark. We're working hard to release it to the public (for free!) as soon as possible. Feel free to post game type requests in this thread and we'll try to make it.

Check back periodically for new game types!

Infection by synth92
Fileshare Link
Based on Halo Reach's Infection game type. Zombies' weapons can be modified in-game.
Features/Change List
- Unlocked menu options for team, ordnance, and loadout settings.
- Initial, random, and personal ordnance are functional.
- Zombie and Alpha Zombie traits now include weapon and equipment settings.
- Changed "Flood" with "Zombies" and "Spartans" with "Humans" in menu options and in-game text.
- New game type category: "Infection"
- Weapons and grenades can spawn on the map.
- No forced colors
- Zombies are Spartans.
- Added an option for '1 Point' to Survivor Kill Points and Zombie Kill Points game type settings.

Speedflag by synth92
Fileshare Link
This popular game type from Halo Reach is now available in Halo 4!

Multi-Team Dominion by synth92
Fileshare Link
Halo 4 normally limits you to 2 teams in Dominion. This lets you have up to 8 different teams.

8-Team CTF by Dovahkiin
Fileshare Link
Halo 4 normally limits you to 4 teams in CTF. This lets you have up to 8 different teams. (You will need to create flag spawn points for the extra teams).

Haven't tried them yet, but they sound really fun.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
"obbbjjjjeective" Kittens says.

*Boltshot, Boltshot, Boltshot* "LOST THE HILL"
Dude, we were playing BTB. The only thing worse than that is Dominion. And Griffball. And Vanilla Reach. And Bioshock Infinity.

Edit : You take us back into BTB, and now we're playing Settler. SETTLER

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dude, we were playing BTB. The only thing worse than that is Dominion. And Griffball. And Vanilla Reach. And Bioshock Infinity.

Edit : You take us back into BTB, and now we're playing Settler. SETTLER

We gained a person. 7 now. Also Bioshock Infinite? Get that outta that list!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It isn't that bad :p
SETTLER. We were all grouped up on the ridge while the enemy was all grouped up in their base, shooting each other from across the map with DMRs. How is that NOT bad, lol.

Omni

You know what would be great? Sharing clips on youtube. RIP Theater mode.
I didn't even mind paying for the ability to render videos on Bungie. Granted I'd never do it now considering how shit buggy Waypoint is, but yeah. A share to YouTube feature would be cool

While on the topic of Waypoint...
Eh. Fix ye shit 343i. I dun like using Safari on iPad.

Fuchsdh

Lol, so many goofs on a cycle lie and try to pass off their gains as dedication and creatine.

Is there a GAF thread full of these people? I know nothing about serious lifting but I'm always in a mood for random threads where I have no idea what's going on.

I'd be on playing BTB or whatever if my girlfriend wasn't hogging my bandwidth watching "Meet the Fokkens". Glad those ladies got out of the prostitution business after fifty years...

So I've quietly kind of picked up Halo 4 again recently, and while it's many gameplay issues are still present, I have a new complaint with MM management. The game is now sadly flooded with Forge maps, and most are pretty bad, and the ones that are solid are still painfully forge maps and almost everyone has framerate dips. Also the experience is not fragmented as all hell thanks to every map now having different weapon spawning system, which is fun to guess at based on what map you're on.

Forge should never touch core playlists in MM unless Forge becomes a full on map maker that has the tools for map creation on par with internal map creation.

Ghazi

So I've quietly kind of picked up Halo 4 again recently, and while it's many gameplay issues are still present, I have a new complaint with MM management. The game is now sadly flooded with Forge maps, and most are pretty bad, and the ones that are solid are still painfully forge maps and almost everyone has framerate dips. Also the experience is not fragmented as all hell thanks to every map now having different weapon spawning system, which is fun to guess at based on what map you're on.

Forge should never touch core playlists in MM unless Forge becomes a full on map maker that has the tools for map creation on par with internal map creation.
We're lucky that Forge even exists, the on disc maps aren't exactly the best. Imagine being stuck with only 3 or 4 maps per playlist like launch, it would blow.

not really

Without it we wouldn't have gotten some good maps into matchmaking like the better on disc map variants, Simplex, Settler
lol
, rad ass Custom Games maps, and Onyx.

I'm sure there are many other great maps they've put in, I just haven't played the game in a long while to see what they've added.

Imagine if instead of being forced to play Haven and Ragnarok all day when there are other options, that you're forced to play them and those are the only maps you can possibly play on a regular basis, things like Forge Maps and the Forge playlists really make the game feel a little newer. Could Forge be better? Hell yeah! But what we have now is still better than not having it at all.

heckfu

Banned
We're lucky that Forge even exists, the on disc maps aren't exactly the best. Imagine being stuck with only 3 or 4 maps per playlist like launch, it would blow.

I'm with you. Some of the better maps in this game are forge maps. Would I like it to be a full-fledged editor with even a HINT of different colors, terrain options, etc? Obviously, but we have what we have and kind of need to deal with it.

Agree to disagree.

Now I get three voting options, one of them is Complex and the other two are Forge maps, so I'm fucked before the game even begins.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

I have mixed feelings on this. I like maps like Simplex and Scythe far more than any on disc map aside from Haven. So I'm really glad they're in the game, but you're totally right about framerate and inconsistent weapon systems being a problem. Especially framerate.

Forge is such a huge let down in this game.

Agree to disagree.

Now I get three voting options, one of them is Complex and the other two are Forge maps, so I'm fucked before the game even begins.

This is especially bad if you are playing split screen. Almost every Forge map is unplayable due to frame rate issues and somehow Complex, one of the shipping maps, has massive frame drops in split.

Maybe someday 343 will address this issue by including a "guests" playlist in the game that has only maps that are playable in split screen.

On the other hand, in Normal-Vision several of the Forge maps are quite fun. The multiple-choice weapon spawn issue does drive me crazy though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is especially bad if you are playing split screen. Almost every Forge map is unplayable due to frame rate issues and somehow Complex, one of the shipping maps, has massive frame drops in split.
Pretty much the entire game runs like crap in split screen. Several of the kids I babysit are pretty bummed out about it. YOU MADE CHILDREN SAD, 343. THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

IHaveIce

Banned
You guys keep playing shit like Adrift, Complex and Vortex, I'll play Simplex, Onyx and other good forge playlists.

Deal?

I can live with that. All base maps are crap except Haven, so I'm glad forge maps are there.

Never had serious framerate problems in 4v4 forgemaps on singleplayer screen. While I had them on the DLC maps.

The weapon thing is a problem I can agree with though

no i'd rather they give me good maps that aren't made out of grey blocks on the disc i spent $60 for

Yeah because no one of us wants that right? But sadly this won't happen except you can invent a time machine and change the map creation process. Of course the disc maps are shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom