• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think the point was wearing a now-competitor's shirt on a stream for a studio that paid your way to come test is a bit tacky. Might as well been a Blops 2 shirt at this point.

Not a huge deal, but still, think about it.

I think the point was wearing a now-competitor's shirt on a stream for a studio that paid your way to come test is a bit tacky. Might as well been a Blops 2 shirt at this point.

Not a huge deal, but still, think about it.

I don't think Halo and Destiny are even going to be competing. Destiny isn't a primary PvP FPS game, it's a giant Open World/RPG FPS with some multiplayer.

Plus Bungie supports 343 and Halo and I'm sure 343 supports Bungie and Destiny. I really don't think they're directly competing.

EDIT: Who's who? I can't tell which player is which in the stream.

I don't think Halo and Destiny are even going to be competing. Destiny isn't a primary PvP FPS game, it's a giant Open World/RPG FPS with some multiplayer.

Plus Bungie supports 343 and Halo and I'm sure 343 supports Bungie and Destiny. I really don't think they're directly competing.

Activision will never allow others companies publicity like this case, think about it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Settings look nice. I love the BR and have just finally gotten it down, but also like to grab the Carbine and Light Rifle. I'll have to see what feels best to me come June.

Overdoziz

Banned
I guess it's just a way for 343 to express how much they care by inviting the community. Many developers are doing this, at least at EA.
This is not (necessarily) them caring, this is them showing off to everyone that they're caring.

Also, can't see shit:
ASX1c3c.jpg

Still a little puzzled at the changes to the LR. In my experience, the limiting factor to the weapon has been its performance unzoomed. It gets absolutely shit in when unzoomed mid-ranged battles. The zoomed fire wasn't an issue for me.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think Halo 4 has finally gotten to a point where I can genuinely enjoy it at times. Throwdown and Doubles are both great, and hopefully Legendary Slayer is, too. The Forge maps have helped a lot, but I still get maps I don't like too often (Adrift, especially).

kittens' half baked formula for success:
- Keep introducing awesome forge maps.
- Add static weapon spawns into more playlists / gametypes.
- Add limited loadout options into more playlists / gametypes.
- Dont fuck up this weapon balancing stuff.

I'll have a lot more confidence in 343 if all this happens.

Omni

The point is not whether or not they care, but that it's just silly to 'reach out' to the community like this when they could've just easily released some gametypes and let everyone play and actually give feedback.

But whatever...

FfdVpXx.png

Can't see shit.

Yah. I'm not seeing the point of this

Obscured

The point is not whether or not they care, but that it's just silly to 'reach out' to the community like this when they could've just easily released some gametypes and let everyone play and actually give feedback.

But whatever...

FfdVpXx.png

Can't see shit.

I downloaded the twitch app on the 360 and the quality is a little bit better there, though slightly delayed. That way I can attempt to watch the stream fullscreen and still see the full beauty of the halo community in chat.

BigShow36

Halo 4 is never going to be for you, get over it man.

I am over it. I'm just a little miffed that they're making a huge deal out of a weapon balance tweak that does nothing fundamentally change how the game will play. They're all freaking out about finally having a 4 shot BR when they're the ones who changed it in the first place. Just put the settings out so people can play them and adjust from there. Other companies do this shit all the time and it's not treated like the second coming of the game or something.

Halo 4 could very easily be for me if they made some changes to actually increase the skill gap, but they aren't.

This is not (necessarily) them caring, this is them showing off to everyone that they're caring.

Also, can't see shit:
ASX1c3c.jpg

Jesus, that is hideous. What was the mindset when implementing all these unnecessary bells and whistles? It doesn't help that, on top of all that visual hemorrhaging, your crosshair flerps and derps all over the place when you get shot at, making that nonsense even more of a clusterfook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom