• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylej

Banned
to deadly cyclone re tv, yes go with 65" it rules. it is enormous. here are some shitty pictures of bioshock screens, my camera is bad at night, xbox should give some scale though to tv size. liz in that 2nd pic is bigger than life size

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0323(1).JPG

it's nuts.

to deadly cyclone re tv, yes go with 65" it rules. it is enormous. here are some shitty pictures of bioshock screens, my camera is bad at night, xbox should give some scale though to tv size. liz in that 2nd pic is bigger than life size

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0323(1).JPG

it's nuts.
Holy shit that's beautiful..
Halo 5 on Kyles 65Inch HDTv
Do It. Plz.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0323(1).JPG

it's nuts.

You are officially ready for next gen. I have two awesome TVs, and I'm still jelly.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I listen to all kinds of music. Mostly post punk and goth pop like The Cure, New Order, Joy Division, The Smiths, X-Ray Spex, Kate Bush, Cocteau Twins, etc. I've been really into riot grrrl again lately, too. Stuff like Bratmobile, old Sleater Kinney, and Heavens to Betsy. I've been really into J-Pop, too, but it's hard for me to find new artists. I just listen to whatever my friends recommend, but I hate 90% of it. I was on a big 90s R&B / rap kick a few months ago. Aaliyah, Brandy, Mariah Carey, TLC, Genuine, Big Pun, Bone Thugs, Notorious BIG, and a ton of others.

My all time favorite artists are probably Bjork, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, New Order, Outkast, Neutral Milk Hotel, and god, so many more.

I could talk about music for hours, lol.

When are betrayals acceptable? Because I was playing KOTH and I was in a Wealth, and I went to the hill and shot in. I knew I had a guy in there, but he was getting overwhelmed badly by four guys. I got the overkill, but also got a betrayal.

I don't really feel bad about it, but would you guys be mad if it happened to you?

Anybody gonna play Halo tonight?

I'm just getting off now. Sorry bro.

When are betrayals acceptable? Because I was playing KOTH and I was in a Wealth, and I went to the hill and shot in. I knew I had a guy in there, but he was getting overwhelmed badly by four guys. I got the overkill, but also got a betrayal.

I don't really feel bad about it, but would you guys be mad if it happened to you?

I'm just getting off now. Sorry bro.

I'd just put down the controller, never to return, for I would have broght shame upon my family.

I wish Firefight was still a thing. I just want a cooperative mode that isn't incredibly boring and tedious, while free from the plagues that have overtaken matchmaking. Is that too much to ask?

Spartan Ops is terrible. Terrible I tell ye

Spartan Ops was terrible, but became better towards the end. Fun even.

Still, it never came close to Firefight...ODST Firefight to be specific. So good. I would kill to get that mode for Halo 4, though to be fair, the enemies aren't as fun in this game. Bring back Brutes.

Super intense stuff there. :lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Do you all think an enhanced version of Halo 4 released for the next Xbox could significantly raise Halo 4's population?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why bother? Just make a kick-ass, back-to-basics Halo 5.
Well, the thing that got me thinking about it was backwards compatibility. If Durango doesn't have it, I could easily see them releasing a cheap enhanced port. Halo 5 is probably another 2+ years away, and while I expect a spin-off game eventually, I don't necessarily expect one for Durango's launch.

So, who knows. I think it could be worth it for MS. But I wonder if it would have any notable impact on Halo 4's population.

Every time Frankie denies Halo 2 Anniversary, is it bad I don't believe him?

After 343 denied a Halo CE Anniversary, and revealed it a month later, I don't believe them anymore.

Izick

My feelings on Halo 4's multiplayer after a few days of playing.

Positives:

+ I love the feel of it; it still feels like a Halo game to me
+the new weapons feel fantaastic; the DMR is the greatest thing in Halo
+still addictive as all hell and a ton of fun
+the maps are very well designed in terms of build (will get to looks in a second)
+I actually like some of the improvements from other games; sprinting being a mandatory button press makes stuff a lot faster and more fun to me
+the graphics look really nice, although a bit too clean and the framerate is a bit too choppy sometimes (still definitely an overall positive in this department)

Negatives:

-the environments, while well designed, feel bland; this is especially prevalent in Infinity Slayer, where most maps are a little too clinical and square
-the new weapons would have been 2x more interesting (even if they're similar to other weapons) if they looked unique; too many gray, pointy, square weapons; a little color and creativity would have gone a far way
-some tings like the replay feel half-baked; it's a good addition, but the framerate drops a little too much
-the Battle-Rifle feels like an absolute hunk of junk now compared to the DMR, and almost out of date and unneeded (the pistol almost feels like this too due to the DMR's greatness, but I think it serves its purpose more than the Battle-Rifle)
-some customization feels half-baked as well like the gun skins and armor customization

Overall, I think it's my favorite Halo online multiplayer, but that's been the case with every Halo since 2. I think the overall additions are a net positive, and that the stuff implemented in this game could make for a mindblowingly great Halo 5 for the new Xbox. With that said, I'm absolutely loving (and addicted) to this game, and I'm really curious to see what the single player ends up like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom