• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duji

They kind of fixed that problem with adding weapon indicators. They should have stopped there, but instead made a small problem even bigger.

image.png

Akai__

Anyone else having troubble to download the Castle Map pack via the in-game menu? When I click on the Xbox Live Marketplace, I get: "There are no items available for purchase at this time".

If you press OK, it proceeds to the list, with all the downloadable items, but the Castle Map pack isn't there.

Cow

I am having the same issue with the map pack

edit: sorry for the double post, I meant to edit my previous one

Anyone else having troubble to download the Castle Map pack via the in-game menu? When I click on the Xbox Live Marketplace, I get: "There are no items available for purchase at this time".

If you press OK, it proceeds to the list, with all the downloadable items, but the Castle Map pack isn't there.

Same here. 343i did the stupid thing again.

Anyone can share the .xcp file for us? We can download it via PC.

Once again, the people who foolishly bought the map pack are left waiting. Love it.

Ghazi

I spoke to the mystery guest and they were a disappointed with the delay, but are still happy to play sometime soon. The question is, are you?
I still am, my scheduling for work is a bit weird this week so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get on.

Well, guess while I'm waiting for 343 to fix their issues...

Harmony

Overview. Looking to maybe get this in the Doubles playlist. Currently only Slayer is supported (alas no 1-flag). Sticky and Prom Grenades are Initial Ordnance, 120sec timers.

Railgun spawns in the cave as Initial Ordnance, relatively equidistant from each team's spawn. 150sec timer

Sniper spawns in on Gold Street at 150sec.

Needs lots of testing, so download and let me know if anyone's interested in playing.

Akai__

Seems like they resolved the problem. I can download the Castle map pack now.

Edit: I have to go now. 4th semester has begun.

JackHerer

Seems like they resolved the problem. I can download the Castle map pack now.

Still won't work for me through the in-game menu. It does allow me to do it if I enter the market place from the home screen but it wants me to pay for it (I have the season pass).

j6hlh5BOcMDUT.png

Fucking wow.

There is some kind of glitch with the population counters right now. This past week I will often see hilariously low population numbers but then it fixes itself after a few games. That number is not accurate. I just went on there are probably closer to 10,000 online.

Akai__

Still won't work for me through the in-game menu. It does allow me to do it if I enter the market place from the home screen but it wants me to pay for it (I have the season pass).

I started up some games in custom games in the meantime, maybe you have just to restart Halo 4 or something.

Thanks to those guys, who recommended me some maps via the recommend feature. Maps are looking cool.

willow ve

So the Xbox announcement event got pushed from a rumored April reveal to a May 21 event. Think they've done some soul searching and are tweaking the always on requirement? Will they still launch before Christmas?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So the Xbox announcement event got pushed from a rumored April reveal to a May 21 event. Think they've done some soul searching and are tweaking the always on requirement? Will they still launch before Christmas?

It got pushed from a rumored date to another rumored date. My money says it was May all along. The 360 was shown in late May too. Show the console the week before E3, show the games at E3. It will be out this fall for sure.

Well I couldn't start the download before work, oh well. I guess I'll have to wait until this afternoon for Halo to be saved.

It took me a few try's. keep loading the marketplace through halo 4. It came up soon after.

Tried one more time before I left, it's working for me now. You don't have to worry anymore, everyone! I will be fine.

On Friday, April 12, there will be a “Halo 4” DLC sale for anyone who has not yet purchased the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass or the first two individual Map Packs. A listing of the sale prices is as follows:

“Halo 4” War Games Map Pass: 1600 Microsoft Points (Originally 2000 Microsoft Points)

Crimson Map Pack: 600 Microsoft Points (Originally 800 Microsoft Points)

Majestic Map Pack: 600 Microsoft Points (Originally 800 Microsoft Points)
http://majornelson.com/2013/04/08/halo-4-castle-map-pack/

Havok

Extraction on Perdition: Why does red team start 45m from their closest extraction point, while blue team spawns 100m from theirs? Two site Extraction is dumb in the first place, but if you're going to do a gametype that's based around rushing the first point and winning based on that capture time, at least make the spawns fair.

willow ve

Extraction on Perdition: Why does red team start 45m from their closest extraction point, while blue team spawns 100m from theirs? Two site Extraction is dumb in the first place, but if you're going to do a gametype that's based around rushing the first point and winning based on that capture time, at least make the spawns fair.
Two site ends up feeling like hide and seek. You can play a whole match, and win, and only have 3 kills and 2 deaths. One site is much better.

Havok

I can see why there are a lot of good words said for Daybreak, I had a pretty good time with it just now in a CTF match (4v4 in Castle playlist). Couple of things, though. Those bases are not functionally symmetrical, that's a load of crap. Red base is way, waaaay easier to get the flag out of with that mancannon. The map also seems like it might be too large laterally for its own good, but I'll need to spend some more time with it to be sure. Plasma pistol is going to be a necessity on that map if you want to counter the Banshee, since it's still hilariously overpowered.
I thought this playlist was 6v6? Every match has been 4v4.
Waypoint's playlist page shows max party size of 8, so looks like it was changed to a 4v4 playlist.

Two site ends up feeling like hide and seek. You can play a whole match, and win, and only have 3 kills and 2 deaths. One site is much better.
Definitely. I've mentioned it before, but default Extraction is one of the most passive gametypes in the entire series.

I wonder if it'd be feasible to just have Ordnance indicators showing what tier the weapon is. Like, stick to the itty-bitty minimalist icons, but at least that way you could have bks know whether or not it's a Sniper or a Light Explosive weapon, while the players with map awareness would already know which weapon it is.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So we get Castle today and that ends all of the already announced Halo DLC that we knew was coming. My question is what happens now? They got the maps about pretty quickly and announced 3 DLC before the game launched. Now we have no news of additional maps. We still need more small maps. 4v4 and 2v2 sized maps. Spartan Opps season 2? What direction will they go now? Will we hear something at E3? Thoughts?

So we get Castle today and that ends all of the already announced Halo DLC that we knew was coming. My question is what happens now? They got the maps about pretty quickly and announced 3 DLC before the game launched. Now we have no news of additional maps. We still need more small maps. 4v4 and 2v2 sized maps. Spartan Opps season 2? What direction will they go now? Will we hear something at E3? Thoughts?
We're done. Aside from Playlist support and maybe sandbox balancing if we're lucky, Halo 4 is done.

Omni

If the rumours are true and the nextbox isn't backwards compatible and releases this fall, then I don't expect any more DLC for Halo 4. 343i is probably already working on something for next gen.

Forge, Forge and more Forge?

Havok

Now that Team Objective is a 6v6 playlist, Oddball on Exile is a thing that exists. You can now play Adrift, Abandon, and Solace with 12 players in what is supposed to be a semi-competitive playlist. They also put Settler, which is just downright awful, in there.

Why?

Castle turned out better than I expected, I'll say that much. I haven't played Outcast but the other two don't play as large as they look. 4v4 seemed fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom