• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maps downloaded after restarting the game a few times.

How did they forget to put CSR in the weekly screen update? Unless you read the blog/follow twitter/understand what CSR means you will have no idea it's even live.

Just gonna assume it was an oversight.

There really hasn't been any advertisement for ranks, with the exception of the bulletins. Kind of expected a short YouTube video to promote it.

CyReN

Don't worry, you'll still be wrong somehow, knowing him.

I really wish it was me being negative and not mistakes being made.

-----
Castle Map Pack 40k XP
Halo-4-Castle-4-Dot-Code.png

Just throwing it out there: I'd love for them to have different Ordnance holders depending on type.

KWW72Whl.jpg

Bonus points if they simplify the Ordnance to be static but show class, not weapon. That way bks can see if a power weapon's up but only the experienced users will know if it's Rockets or a Sniper.

But what is it being dropped from?

Grenades, Basic Ordnance (basically limited to precision weapons - that spawn at your base, hence the name), and Initial Ordnance all just spawn on the map. Save for Grenade holders you could modify each holder to fold any weapon in Forge. Delayed Ordnance, likely late-game power weapons or supplementary junk like the Huntshot would be the only weapons that drop in.

Promethean ones might teleport in, though.

I miss weapons on the ground, like a sniper leaning quietly against a rock, or a pair of plasmas resting gently along a ramp.

Ordnance really only works for games like Dominion.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Grenades, Basic Ordnance (basically limited to precision weapons - that spawn at your base, hence the name), and Initial Ordnance all just spawn on the map. Save for Grenade holders you could modify each holder to fold any weapon in Forge. Delayed Ordnance, likely late-game power weapons or supplementary junk like the Huntshot would be the only weapons that drop in.

Promethean ones might teleport in, though.

Yeah, as much as I dislike ordnance I think it could create a cool visual dynamic for the maps.

For human, timed, drop-in ordnance, you'd get a pelican fly-by. Covenant would be a.. Lich maybe? Just to make it more Halo 4-like. And Forerunner stuff would just phase in.

I could see people bitching about the CoD similarities, but... they've already gone this far. Why not take it all the way?

Yeah, as much as I dislike ordnance I think it could create a cool visual dynamic for the maps.

For human, timed, drop-in ordnance, you'd get a pelican fly-by. Covenant would be a.. Lich maybe? Just to make it more Halo 4-like. And Forerunner stuff would just phase in.

I could see people bitching about the CoD similarities, but... they've already gone this far. Why not take it all the way?

The Delayed Ordnance just straight-up drops in. Why do you think the Covenant version's designed like an elite drop pod?

It'd be cool for Invasion if Pelicans brought vehicles in or something.

GrizzNKev

Banned
The Delayed Ordnance just straight-up drops in. Why do you think the Covenant version's designed like an elite drop pod?

It'd be cool for Invasion if Pelicans brought vehicles in or something.

On Invasion maps, you have a covie battlecruiser and a UNSC frigate in the airspace above fighting, and the weapon/vehicle drop-ins are fully observable scripted events, terrain permitting.

Single Player.

Halo 3 vs. Halo Reach.

Go.

H3 for Co-Op, Reach for solo.

Both have their share of good and bad infantry and vehicle combat, and both have their share of tough and annoying AI. Halo 3 definitely carried the more epic feeling throughout, and you can't forget the scarab battles that Reach didn't have. It was a lot more fun with 2 players than alone, and vice versa for Reach.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Did you read my post sir? I said it'd be fine by me given the armor/skins that came with the game were of quality and quantity. If they want to release more armor and skins down the road as opposed to just never releasing any more, I'd be fine with that. I'd also be fine with them releasing new armor after ship for free, but we know that won't happen.

NOKYARD

Are you not allowed to say what you did to it, or do you just want it to be a surprise?
Want people to play a game first and give proper feedback, not give 'forum' feedback based on how they imagine it will play.

Don't know why people would cry over cosmetic microtransactions. Who gives a shit? Some people want a pretty little skin or armor. As long as the game has plenty of free cosmetics and armor that make sense then whatever. Stuff like established armor sets and emblems should be available for free in game. We should never see something like MkV or VI armor or established emblems being behind a paywall.
Why does it still piss me off that my long standing emblem was part of a pre-order bonus form a retailer who isn't even in my country? Are these ever going to be unlocked?

Did you read my post sir? I said it'd be fine by me given the armor/skins that came with the game were of quality and quantity. If they want to release more armor and skins down the road as opposed to just never releasing any more, I'd be fine with that. I'd also be fine with them releasing new armor after ship for free, but we know that won't happen.

Of course I read it. I just have this sneaking suspicion that if they released none, released more, released gameplay-changing DLC, releasing stuff free or not, etc, etc, whatever the case it would be "fine by you". That's why the avatar quote. You didn't need to say any of that for everyone to know that's how you felt.

Of course I read it. I just have this sneaking suspicion that if they released none, released more, released gameplay-changing DLC, releasing stuff free or not, etc, etc, whatever the case it would be "fine by you". That's why the avatar quote. You didn't need to say any of that for everyone to know that's how you felt.

Are you implying he could never have a problem with what 343 do?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Believe it or not, not everything is "fine by me." We just tend to cover the topics that are generally things I agree with. The discussion on microtransactions is a larger gaming trend, so my agreement (with clauses) does not necessarily feed into the "loves everything 343" stereotype that has been dropped on me. Notice I never just said "fine by me" and left it at that, I added my thoughts on what would make this a solution I could get behind. A compromise if you will. More to the fact that I understand the business side of DLC and as long as customer demands are met in the $60 product I have no qualm with releasing extras as DLC down the line.

Oh well, all good fun. When we playing Halo again with Wahrer so I can do terrible?

I don't mind microtransactions under two circumstances. First, they're purely cosmetic - for example, bringing back Hayabusa. Second, they introduce new content rather than splintering the entire game's feature set - I'd be fine with paying for the mystery Defiant DLC armor, but not them deliberately leaving out DLC to make us pay for it later.

Are you implying he could never have a problem with what 343 do?
No.
Believe it or not, not everything is "fine by me." We just tend to cover the topics that are generally things I agree with.
Hey look, you answered Hydranockz for me! It's like you knew what I meant all along!

Oh well, all good fun. When we playing Halo again with Wahrer so I can do terrible?

Pretty sure that's Wahrer's job. Either way, I should be on tonight after work around 1800 MST.

Where can I find out my CSR on the xbox waypoint app? It's probably right in front of me and I'm being silly but I can't see it in any of the menus.

Edit: I'm 99% it's not been updated yet to impart your CSR number.

I should have a blog post up on armor tonight.

One question though: how would you guys feel if we got non-Spartan armor (think Halo 3 ODST) for use in multiplayer, but it was only cosmetic? Player traits, hitboxes, shields, etc. would be unchanged.

Conor 419

Banned
Single Player.

Halo 3 vs. Halo Reach.

Go.

Halo 3, pretty much got everything bar the penultimate mission and 'to war' absolutely beautifully right.

You can just feel how lovingly made it is, so many easter eggs, also the AI were programmed so dynamically. Every time I played that campaign it felt like a new experience, noticing things I had never noticed before, like how the Marines would mourn the dead. The combat encounters was the best in the series, whether it were the smaller encounters versus a handful of Brutes, or the massive encounters vs multiple scarabs, each one was impeccable and they're largely the reason I played the game on co-op roughly 40 times.

Then there's the beautiful OST, level design, aesthetic and various other things.

Best FPS ever made.

Fuchsdh

I miss weapons on the ground, like a sniper leaning quietly against a rock, or a pair of plasmas resting gently along a ramp.

Ordnance really only works for games like Dominion.
Eh I like them both, feel like both should exist (with things getting resupplies rather than just appearing.)

Also, Las Vegas is rainier and colder than where I traveled from. What the hell.

Halo 3, pretty much got everything bar the penultimate mission and 'to war' absolutely beautifully right.

You can just feel how lovingly made it is, so many easter eggs, also the AI were programmed so dynamically. Every time I played that campaign it felt like a new experience, noticing things I had never noticed before, like how the Marines would mourn the dead. The combat encounters was the best in the series, whether it were the smaller encounters versus a handful of Brutes, or the massive encounters vs multiple scarabs, each one was impeccable and they're largely the reason I played the game on co-op roughly 40 times.

Then there's the beautiful OST, level design, aesthetic and various other things.

Best FPS ever made.

It's too bad it got succeeded by Halo 3: ODST, responsible alone for the downfall in sales of Halo titles. rip hopes of a custom game browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom