• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyReN

Xbox Tournaments with Virgin Gaming coming this week

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/08/xbox-tournaments-with-virgin-gaming-coming-this-week/

Xbox Tournaments with Virgin Gaming offers free-to-enter tournaments for top games from leading publishers and is only on Xbox 360. The exclusive app, available this week in the U.S., U.K. and Canada, allows Xbox LIVE Gold subscribers of any skill level to play in free-to-enter tournaments with the opportunity to make their way up the daily, weekly and monthly leaderboards to win their share of $100,000 cash.

Starting this week, participate in tournaments for popular games including “EA SPORTS FIFA 13,” “NBA 2K13,” “EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13” and “EA SPORTS NHL® 13,” with many more titles to come.

Tournament gameplay is easy to join, fun and accessible to all styles of gamers, from the dedicated pro to the casual Xbox player. Download the app from Xbox LIVE and register for a Virgin Gaming account to start playing the free-to-enter tournaments this week—existing Virgin Gaming members will not need to register for a new account, but they will need to activate their existing account here.

Practice now, because in the coming months Xbox Tournaments with Virgin Gaming will be rolling out tons of new features, like cash-play gaming, leaderboards and epic tournaments, along with more titles and will become available in more countries around the world.

No Halo.

Gui_PT

Hey Bobs, maybe we can use that piece of paper they gave us during the Halo 4 event to get Volume 2 of the OST

Oh wait

Madness

I hate Microsoft points and how they are setup and sold here. I need 230 points to get Castle. I don't use billing on my xbox (Don't trust MS), and so I have to get another 1400 points card, but I'll be left with 1170 which will screw me for anything else that costs 1200 or more again.

Also don't know why I can't buy US points cards, I have a house there, dollars are at parity and have been for years.

Halo 4 is disrespectful towards Halo fans.

They tried something different and it didn't work out. They have Halo 5 to iron out whatever it is people don't like about the game. I can still hear the echoes of people moaning about the changes made from Halo 3 -> Halo: Reach, a Bungie game. Added to that, 343 has been envolved with the community and they worked hard on Halo 4. So yeah, I do find the title disrespectful. But hey I'm not a l33t halo MLG pwnz0r who can't enjoy a game for it is rather than not enjoy it for what it's not.

Totally agreed. I find it extremely disrespectful towards 343. And I whole-heartedly support that 100%.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Madness

They tried something different and it didn't work out. They have Halo 5 to iron out whatever it is people don't like about the game. I can still hear the echoes of people moaning about the changes made from Halo 3 -> Halo: Reach, a Bungie game. Added to that, 343 has been envolved with the community and they worked hard on Halo 4. So yeah, I do find the title disrespectful. But hey I'm not a l33t halo MLG pwnz0r who can't enjoy a game for it is rather than not enjoy it for what it's not.

Re-read Tunavi's response lol.

u4iX

They didn't try something "different."

Shadowrun tried something different.

Halo 4 tried to recreate aspects from other games like Call of Duty or Battlefield in order to steal an audience that has already pledged allegiance.

Instead of making a game for Halo fans, they made a game for Call of Duty fans hoping they would turn to Halo.

Since release, they've tried making strides to return the game to Halo roots without making it obvious or admitting how terrible some of those design decisions were. See: loadouts, instant respawn, and global ordnance and personal ordnance which have since been replaced, removed, or substituted for in several playlists.

Thread title and thread regulars are extremely disrespectful to 343, especially considering some of them post here, or at least used to before they were driven off by the rudeness and negativity. Overall I was pleasantly surprised by how fun Halo 4 is. Much better than Reach IMO.

Anyway, I came in here looking for serious impressions of the new maps. Anyone up for a couple sentences of rational thoughts about them before I grab 'em tonight?

NOKYARD

Would give impressions if i could survive more than 10 seconds in a custom game. Is anyone else, besides Over, seeing this?

Am I the only one who finds the thread title somewhat disrespectful toward 343?
It shouldn't be taken seriously, but people thinking Bungie could have "saved" Halo after developing Reach sure is adorable. Halo MP by Bungie was always declining with each new iteration since Halo 2. Bungie needed a break from Halo.

Halo 4 sure isn't perfect, but going to a new developer was still the better option. I couldn't be happier that Bungie is concentrating on a new series.

Anyway, I came in here looking for serious impressions of the new maps. Anyone up for a couple sentences of rational thoughts about them before I grab 'em tonight?

The playlist is messed up right now and only allows for 4v4 instead of 6v6, and that's just a bit too small for the new maps so I haven't played too much of them yet. But I did play a lot of Daybreak at PAX East and it was super fun! I hope it's a regular in the CTF playlist.

NOKYARD

Not sure what's happening.

We were playing customs and the safe/kill volumes are messed up on forge maps. We loaded a map/game i played last night, and some mm maps from temp history, and everyone dies at spawn.

Then i played in a local game and it was fine.

Thread title and thread regulars are extremely disrespectful to 343, especially considering some of them post here, or at least used to before they were driven off by the rudeness and negativity. Overall I was pleasantly surprised by how fun Halo 4 is. Much better than Reach IMO.

So none of us post rational thoughts? Seems legit.

Gui_PT

Not sure what's happening.

We were playing customs and the safe/kill volumes are messed up on forge maps. We loaded a map/game i played last night, and some mm maps from temp history, and everyone dies at spawn.

Does it feel like Halo?

E: You folks realize most of us are just messing around with 343, right?
There are a few rude posters who actually mean what they write but those are a minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom