• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing it out there - I wonder if it would be possible to remake some of the Halo Wars maps for Halo 5 provided 16v16 was in it.

wwm0nkey

I haven't played in a while, but how easy is it to find games? Are there a couple of lobbies during peak times?

Well considering its a school night and 12PM right now there are a total of 25 lobbies running right now and a good amount of people on which is really good for an indie game. So it should be easy to find a game.

They are hoping to keep people on a lot longer soon via Matchmaking, Loot and Progression systems (Loot and Progression is cosmetic only)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Is the Map Pass worth it for 1600 points today? Ive been on a Halo protest since about december because of the seemingly small amount of maps for team slayer but this got my attention.

Omni

I actually do hope that 343i finally ups the player count for BTB. I'm sick of 16 players only. 32 would be nice... but I guess then you're really designing something for dedicated server support which Halo doesn't have.

16v16 over P2P would be terrible

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Is the Map Pass worth it for 1600 points today? Ive been on a Halo protest since about december because of the seemingly small amount of maps for team slayer but this got my attention.

Do you like Halo 4?
If yes, buy map pack pass.
If no, don't.

Omni

Let me rephrase. I like Halo 4. But i found the base maps disappointing. Are alot of these maps made for BTB or CTF like the base maps seemed to trend?

Just buy Majestic map pack. A lot of people here enjoyed those ones as they're smaller

Havok

Let me rephrase. I like Halo 4. But i found the base maps disappointing. Are alot of these maps made for BTB or CTF like the base maps seemed to trend?
If all you're interested in is 4v4 Slayer, skip the map pass. You might enjoy the Majestic map pack, though, which is also on sale for 600 points. All three of those maps have been integrated into Infinity Slayer, and they're decent.

I actually do hope that 343i finally ups the player count for BTB. I'm sick of 16 players only. 32 would be nice... but I guess then you're really designing something for dedicated server support which Halo doesn't have.

16v16 over P2P would be terrible
I'm gonna guess that 16v16 with Halo's player mechanics would be terrible no matter what the network situation is. Halo's a game built around hero moments and survivability, and when you increase player accounts both of those things decrease dramatically. Bungie has said that they never planned on increasing big team player counts because it made each player feel less important and capable of actually making a difference on their own, and I agree with that. Especially when the best Halo objective modes are centered around a single objective point per team, I can't see any situation in which it wouldn't be a clusterfuck with that many players.

I guess you could change player traits and mechanics to make it fit, but at that point why is it called Halo?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Just buy Majestic map pack. A lot of people here enjoyed those ones as they're smaller

If all you're interested in is 4v4 Slayer, skip the map pass. You might enjoy the Majestic map pack, though, which is also on sale for 600 points. All three of those maps have been integrated into Infinity Slayer, and they're decent.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

It didn't stop there.

CE remakes such as Hang Em High didn't work well in Halo 2 because no fall damage.

Nah man, the reason it didn't work is because you can't land shots from short distances like blue base Pistol to red base unless you were host. Playing that map competitively in Halo 2 was a boring campfest because of Halo 2's BR mixed with crappy online.

Again trying to limit my talking of this but Murder Miners update 7 is out which added CTF, on map weapons, team scoreboard and a hookshot is out. Next update will probably have spectator mode.

Nice! When we playing breh? I need some maps too so I can start hosting proper team games :]

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
This might be the only thing I agree with you on.

But I fear it's sarcasm coming from you.

Only partially. I love my BTB but I also miss the golden days of rolling in Team Slayer. There ALWAYS should be a balance of large and small maps in a Halo game. I feel Halo 4 is missing more maps like Haven, which is the only map that "feels" like old Halo to me.

Pop

Only partially. I love my BTB but I also miss the golden days of rolling in Team Slayer. There ALWAYS should be a balance of large and small maps in a Halo game. I feel Halo 4 is missing more maps like Haven, which is the only map that "feels" like old Halo to me.

RIP 4v4 halo

Havok

Was BTB on Waterworks in Halo 2 good? Because I was thinking about it last night and if my memory serves me right, fun times were had.
Multiflag and Multibomb on Waterworks were both great, yeah. Neutral Bomb and Flag were good too, but a little more chaotic as the objectives spawned on the center bridge.

Was BTB on Waterworks in Halo 2 good? Because I was thinking about it last night and if my memory serves me right, fun times were had.
I can tell you that drunk 1v1/1st to 25 kills/no time limit was hilarious. Lots of colorful accusations of looking at the other side of the screen.

edit: I see that I might be alone here with this sentiment.

JackHerer

Majestic is the best one and the only one really worth buying. Castle is mediocre and Crimson is just plain bad.

The Banshee on Daybreak is the bane of my existence. It's really hard to kill it if there is a decent player piloting it and it's incredibly overpowered on that map. Especially if they have that operator perk.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Played some Castle last night for the first time. Kinda turned off my brain and just tried to fuck around and have fun. I actually ended up having a lot of fun. It took me by surprise.

Onikaan

Hey dudes,

My friends and I were discussing the game yesterday while suffering some lag ridden games and this question came up:

Why doesn't Halo 4 have Dedicated servers?

Is there a competitive reason? or is it purely financial?

Thanks.

Fuchsdh

Hey dudes,

My friends and I were discussing the game yesterday while suffering some lag ridden games and this question came up:

Thanks.

You know not what you have done.

But let's argue about it again, it's been a while!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hey dudes,

Thanks.

Same reason CoD/BF don't. When you figure that out let me know.

Hey dudes,

Thanks.
Because joe fratboy dosnt know the difference and Microsoft cares very little about supporting the vocal minority regardless of how right they are.

Hey guys why isn't there a custom game browser in this game?

Goddamnit conor shut u... Ohh wait

metzger203

Multiflag and Multibomb on Waterworks were both great, yeah. Neutral Bomb and Flag were good too, but a little more chaotic as the objectives spawned on the center bridge.

Waterworks was my second favorite BTB map next to Headlong. One feature I thought was really cool was how you could shoot down the big stalactites. They didn't come into play very often but I can remember a couple times where a Wraith got crushed by one. Another time, one landed against the front wall of the enemy base, giving us a natural ramp up to their roof.

Halo needs to bring back more destructible environments. Not to the same extent as Battlefield, but little things like that.

It was great! Using the wraith to push the crates in front of the entrances of the base was always fun.

By moving the crate on the side you also cut off an easy way into the base for the other team.

Anyone remember when they introduced the Gulch Wars gametype in Halo 2? 3v3v3v3 team slayer on big team maps, BR / SMG start, human weapons / turrets on map, scorpions and warthogs. Awesome.

Onikaan

Haha not giving you grief, it's just a perennial topic. I think most people here would like dedis, assuming they weren't implemented like BF3.

Yeah I'd like them to steer well clear of the BF3 mess. I have little knowledge of how this stuff works anyway. I'd just like to see a more stable online platform for Halo.

Because joe fratboy dosnt know the difference and Microsoft cares very little about supporting the vocal minority regardless of how right they are.

I guess so.

How sad.

Is there a reason why AGL's camera positioning is so bad? I know it's not MLG, but it looks like a 9 year old who got their first video camera set this up. Not to mention the absolutely awful CG on top of everything.

45s6tsN.png

CgmlSuW.png

looks so bad

edit: they just got rid of the giant banner on the bottom, but the player name still looks like shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom