• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason why AGL's camera positioning is so bad? I know it's not MLG, but it looks like an 9 year old who got their first video camera set this up. Not to mention the absolutely awful CG on top of everything.

http://i.imgur.com/45s6tsN.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CgmlSuW.png[IMG]

look so bad

edit: they just got rid of the giant banner on the bottom, but the player name still looks like shit[/QUOTE]

The commentary space for AGL venues have always looked so cramped. It's the one thing we see the most of, make it impressive even if everything around it isn't. At least give us the illusion it's a nice place.

Is there a way around the quit ban? I don't want to play this game on Ragnorak because there are too many vehicles, but I've quit out of quite a few other games on Ragnorak because the mantis was getting annoying hiding in the back. I would rather not make my team lose by setting down the controller and letting the game run out, but I'm certainly not going to play it.

willow ve

Is there a way around the quit ban? I don't want to play this game on Ragnorak because there are too many vehicles, but I've quit out of quite a few other games on Ragnorak because the mantis was getting annoying hiding in the back. I would rather not make my team lose by setting down the controller and letting the game run out, but I'm certainly not going to play it.
So they have a quit ban in place alongside join in progress?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Use Plasma Pistol
Sneak over near Mantis
Charge
??????
Profit

Jeez, how many games are you quitting out of? If you're finding that many games that you don't like, it might be wise to just play something else.

Also, don't vote. If you see the voting skewing to something you don't want to play, you can back out before the game locks in the match/gametype. but seriously, it's pretty foolish to keep playing a game that you obviously don't like.

Havok

So there's no way around the quit ban? :-(
Delay your vote in the lobby. If it's swinging towards something you can't stand (for me, that's Infinity CTF), then just back out by pressing B. Once you vote, you can't do this. I don't believe it counts as a DNF.

I thought my quit percentage was high at 10% (9% of which has to be backing out of lopsided JIP games), but wow, you're at 41%. No wonder you're getting the quit ban.

Update said Matchmaking coming to Murder Miners soon?! That's sick, how will they match you and hopefully it won't replace the Custom Game Browser?

Just played my first match of Murder the Flag and it was pretty fun. Throwing the flag felt cool, so hopefully it's in Halo 5.

-EDIT-

LOL Murder the Flag with zombies is amazing.

wwm0nkey

Update said Matchmaking coming to Murder Miners soon?! That's sick, how will they match you and hopefully it won't replace the Custom Game Browser?

Just played my first match of Murder the Flag and it was pretty fun. Throwing the flag felt cool, so hopefully it's in Halo 5.

LOL Murder the Flag with zombies is amazing.

From what the JForce guys told me its going to be a separate lobby and will NOT replace the customs browser. You can either create or join a Match making lobby but there will be pre-set maps and weapons obviously as well as the 1-50 win/loss rank system.

Also I TOLD YOU IT WAS AMAZING! Playing that with 10 people is a blast and we need to do that later tonight!

There a quit ban in a game with JIP. What?

Yeah, but it's extremely generous. I have yet to receive even a warning, yet I had those days where I would just be the unluckiest guy on the planet with teams that don't care at all and I would quit constantly. I received multiple warnings in Reach, but not one for Halo 4.

If anyone gets a quit ban in Halo 4, they are quitting a shit ton of matches and probably need to take a mental break anyway.

Havok

Some of that info might be wrong though. Said that I had 64 quits and I have gotten 13 unfrigginbelieveable's. Does switching to "Xbox 360" when it is trying to JIP count as a quit? I could understand that.
I think it might count Spartan Ops as well for that spree count, since you are getting medals in the background in that mode. That 64 quit stat is consistent with what Waypoint says, and that's only for War Games (matchmaking, presumably). I don't think that doing the Network menu trick counts as a quit, just like backing out of the lobby doesn't. Neither of those situations cause a game to appear in your Game History on Waypoint, so I assume they don't count.

Some of that info might be wrong though. Said that I had 64 quits and I have gotten 13 unfrigginbelieveable's. Does switching to "Xbox 360" when it is trying to JIP count as a quit? I could understand that.
Well, the guy is asking about ways to get around a quit ban, so I don't necessarily think the information is inaccurate.

This is surprising? We also have an excess of asymmetric maps that try to use symmetric gametypes.

Probably got Complex 41% of the time.
Could be evenly dispersed across maps that aren't Haven, Skyline, or Longbow.

It makes sense. It is Join In Progress. It works best when fewer people quit out (less chance of multiple host changes). JIP is largely the tool that should have been put in alongside a system that discouraged quitting. With a quit ban, people are less likely to quit (as opposed to no penalty at all which meant anyone could uit without any conseqences).

With the possibility of a quit ban looming, I'd imagine people would be less likely to quit in the later stages of a game. Either take the loss or risk getting the ban which would put you out of the game for even longer.

I will note, though, that without players actually being fully aware of the Banhammer, the system will just cause frustration.

From what the JForce guys told me its going to be a separate lobby and will NOT replace the customs browser. You can either create or join a Match making lobby but there will be pre-set maps and weapons obviously as well as the 1-50 win/loss rank system.

Also I TOLD YOU IT WAS AMAZING! Playing that with 10 people is a blast and we need to do that later tonight!

I LOVE this damn game man, definitely going to be playing more. Just played on Crossfire (great little arena map) using FISTS only in MTF, spearing with the flag hahah

wwm0nkey

I LOVE this damn game man, definitely going to be playing more. Just played on Crossfire (great little arena map) using FISTS only in MTF, spearing with the flag hahah

Lots of pretty cool customs games are coming from the new options. What do you think of the HookShot?

Also next update is going to add spectator mode and then I think its Matchmaking. Though I hope they just put both in one update.

It makes sense. It is Join In Progress. It works best when fewer people quit out (less chance of multiple host changes). JIP is largely the tool that should have been put in alongside a system that discouraged quitting. With a quit ban, people are less likely to quit (as opposed to no penalty at all which meant anyone could uit without any conseqences).

With the possibility of a quit ban looming, I'd imagine people would be less likely to quit in the later stages of a game. Either take the loss or risk getting the ban which would put you out of the game for even longer.

I will note, though, that without players actually being fully aware of the Banhammer, the system will just cause frustration.

There are quit bans in Reach and H4, do you think that there is less quitting in those games because of that than previous Halo games? I don't.

There isn't anything to discourage players from quitting in H4. You don't lose rank or XP, getting temporally banned from matchmaking maybe at some point if you quit enough doesn't discourage anyone from quitting, doesn't even cross my mind when I quit a game on Complex.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I should be on around 730/8 CST for those joining me in some Halo 4 matches tonight. Should be a good time. Even if you hate BTB or something, join up, it's better with a big group. :p

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
that'swhatshesaid

thats_what_she_said_french_tshirt-rbb7999a131414a02859655b3bf23efb3_804gs_152.jpg

Overdoziz

Banned
Competitive Halo is not really fun to watch.

Haven everywhere...
I enjoyed watching CoD more. The map overview in the spectator mode adds so much for both you and the commentator. Being able to see where teams are moving and what their set ups look like is great. Also makes for some tense moments when two players are really close to each other even without either of them knowing.

Sigh... a spectator mode designed by the Bungie UI guys could have been so amazing. If only Bungie didn't stop expanding on theater mode since Halo 3.

I enjoyed watching CoD more. The map overview in the spectator mode adds so much for both you and the commentator. Being able to see where teams are moving and what their set ups look like is great. Also makes for some tense moments when two players are really close to each other even without either of them knowing.

Sigh... a spectator mode designed by the Bungie UI guys could have been so amazing. If only Bungie didn't stop expanding on theater mode since Halo 3.

Yea the FPS view kinda limits your ability to grasp whats really going on in the whole game, The overhead map really helps fix that aspect.

Lots of pretty cool customs games are coming from the new options. What do you think of the HookShot?

Also next update is going to add spectator mode and then I think its Matchmaking. Though I hope they just put both in one update.

Haven't tried the Hookshot yet actually, it wasn't part of the spawn weapons and no one had it on maps. Send me an invite whenever you want to play, I've been appearing offline lately ;] - Stalkers.

The map overview in the spectator mode adds so much for both you and the commentator. Being able to see where teams are moving and what their set ups look like is great. Also makes for some tense moments when two players are really close to each other even without either of them knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom