• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula

I'm an old man with simple desires. I just want to ride a choo choo and shoot at indians. I play Infinity BTB for the vehicles pretty much...

Excellent posts, I got many chuckles at work.

To say something here though, you stated that you play Infinity BTB for the Vehicles? You must love being donged on by Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenades. Slayer Pro eliminates the issue of spawning with those weapons and allows vehicles to actually be effective and have impact on the game.

Probably going to get slaughtered for taking him seriously.

I never got a chance to play the Slayer Pro last night, I got home from work at 9pm, watched GoT and went to bed because I was dead. Never got to play Forge Island Playlist either.

Also what is it with people who never post in the Halo OTs coming in, raging and being banned. I'm sure the same thing happened in the last OT.

Omni

How's streaming on the Xbox? Like is the quality decent? Not sure if I should watch the reveal via the app or just use my computer in the morning.

How's streaming on the Xbox? Like is the quality decent? Not sure if I should watch the reveal via the app or just use my computer in the morning.

Be a real nerd by loading up as many devices, consoles, apps, PC's and streams as you have available then report back here which is the optimal experience!

TheOddOne

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8207-1359654411-10_preview.gif

Havok

The Forge Island maps are pretty nice, though I didn't get to spend too long on any of them (and as with every Forge playlist, I can't remember the names of any of them - except Onyx, which I really enjoyed in the game of Slayer BRs I got in on it). Gametypes for that playlist are a slight bummer, though - SWAT and Snipers being pushed out of their own rightly separated niches into other playlists like Forge Island, Multi-Team, and the DLC playlists is a bad move. And granted, I haven't played all of the maps yet, but why is Extraction 1-Site Large being used instead of Small for what appears to be a pool entirely made up of 4v4 maps?

Also, this past week is the first time I've spent any substantial time playing Team Snipers...and neutral, infinite ammo Beam/Binary Rifles are duuuuumb. I've adjusted to how crummy a weapon the Binary Rifle is, but the aim assist on that Beam makes the user practically invincible if they're smart.

I hate Slayer Pro. The lack of motion tracker annoys me - as in, every damn game you play ends up with people running around with no cohesion and battles become a fight of who sees who first.

I always go in alone online. No one on my friends list plays Halo 4 any more. Had ~35 at launch... Sure it's better in a party. But what isn't?

No radar sucks if your team aren't calling out. Radar gives you more autonomy when going in with randoms, which is more often than not in btb. It's all part of that middle ground which 343 has summarily failed to provide for. The playlists are very binary in nature; it's either the garbled bk supreme sundae of infinity or 'professional'. As has been noted previously, Halo 4 needs the tried and trusted Team Slayer. Fixed load outs, no instant respawn, regular weapon spawns but with radar. One of the reasons the forge test playlists have been among my favourites for the game is because they at least get half of that right (along with a surprisingly high calibre of maps being chosen by the cartographers this time around).

I applaud the (long overdue) decision to offer a btb experience outside of Infinity. However, to further refine I'd take 'pro', add a radar to it and call it team slayer. I haven't played it yet but does pro have plasma pistols as on map pickups? As a load out choice it's overkill but if they're not present at all the vehicles will dominate too severely. Are there timed power weapons on the maps too? I know in Infinity a sniper spawns on initial spawn on Exile but not thereafter, which obviously wouldn't serve in the absence of personal ordnance.

No radar sucks if your team aren't calling out. Radar gives you more autonomy when going in with randoms, which is more often than not in btb. It's all part of that middle ground which 343 has summarily failed to provide for. The playlists are very binary in nature; it's either the garbled bk supreme sundae of infinity or 'professional'. As has been noted previously, Halo 4 needs the tried and trusted Team Slayer. Fixed load outs, no instant respawn, regular weapon spawns but with radar. One of the reasons the forge test playlists have been among my favourites for the game is because they at least get half of that right (along with a surprisingly high calibre of maps being chosen by the cartographers this time around).

I applaud the (long overdue) decision to offer a btb experience outside of Infinity. However, to further refine I'd take 'pro', add a radar to it and call it team slayer. I haven't played it yet but does pro have plasma pistols as on map pickups? As a load out choice it's overkill but if they're not present at all the vehicles will dominate too severely. Are there timed power weapons on the maps too? I know in Infinity a sniper spawns on initial spawn on Exile but not thereafter, which obviously wouldn't serve in the absence of personal ordnance.

I played a few games of pro big team last night. I do recall seeing plasma pistols on Vortex and the sniper dropped multiple times in the bases on Ragnarok.

So TheHenery, I hopping in the playlist finally to see what you were talking about with Forgotten. That map is missing some geometry that got lost in conversion. I've reported it. The sniper platforms aren't supposed to be like that at all.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ah, I see. I did think that would be almost impossible to miss in preliminary testing. Weird how that happens when they post them to a playlist.

IHaveIce

Banned
The Forge Island maps are pretty nice, though I didn't get to spend too long on any of them (and as with every Forge playlist, I can't remember the names of any of them - except Onyx, which I really enjoyed in the game of Slayer BRs I got in on it). Gametypes for that playlist are a slight bummer, though - SWAT and Snipers being pushed out of their own rightly separated niches into other playlists like Forge Island, Multi-Team, and the DLC playlists is a bad move. And granted, I haven't played all of the maps yet, but why is Extraction 1-Site Large being used instead of Small for what appears to be a pool entirely made up of 4v4 maps?

Also, this past week is the first time I've spent any substantial time playing Team Snipers...and neutral, infinite ammo Beam/Binary Rifles are duuuuumb. I've adjusted to how crummy a weapon the Binary Rifle is, but the aim assist on that Beam makes the user practically invincible if they're smart.

I don't know how many maps are in the playlist with Extraction besides Forgotten, but we used large Extraction for it because the time for small extraction was way too short to recapture it once a team had got a hold of it.

Yeah the geometry bugs and glitches are quite annoying :(

I also don't know why the Binary rifle is now in Sniper .. Shutout Sniper with Beam Rifle AND Binary is just bullshit.

Havok

I don't know how many maps are in the playlist with Extraction besides Forgotten, but we used large Extraction for it because the time for small extraction was way too short to recapture it once a team had got a hold of it.
Ah, gotcha. Like I said, I haven't played everything yet, but that was a bit of a head scratcher when it came up in the voting last night.

Nebula

It's amazing that the human sniper is the worst in the game. Who would take a Sniper Rifle over a No scoping beast or a OHK machine?

I also don't know why the Binary rifle is now in Sniper .. Shutout Sniper with Beam Rifle AND Binary is just bullshit.

Wait, the actual team snipers playlist has binary rifles in it now?

@superman: Ragnorok has always had snipers regularly respawning in the base, even in Infinity. It's the exception though. Such a bizzare, confused implementation from 343. Some maps have regular power weapon spawns. Some have initial then random global. Some have only random global. It's like the Reach TU all over again but from day one!

Nebula

Wasn't one of the complaints with Slayer Pro in its first implementation in FFA that no Radar was pretty bad? I'm sure it was changed as well. Maybe we can get the same for BTB. Also can anyone confirm if there are weapons on map for Slayer Pro in BTB?

Defect

I hope they have a decent amount of new exclusives.

Oh and inb4 whatever 343 shows at the reveal has Halo 4's multiplayer.

Madness

I predict either some kind of spinoff game, much like Reach or ODST. All new campaign, new multiplayer etc. Maybe featuring Spartan-IV's or Sarah Palmer. I don't think Halo 5 will be announced this quick, but you never know, most shooter games are going for 9-18 month launch cycles now.

Or, new season of Spartan Ops and new map pack.

Or, some form of re-release. Maybe H2A, or Halo Trilogy pack etc.

Or perhaps a GOTY Halo 4 edition with all the terminals, DLC, Spartan Ops for current xbox 360 owners, and perhaps an "updated" Halo 4 for the next gen. Takes advantage of the new hardware, refreshed visuals etc. Fix a lot of the issues Halo 4 has for current gen?

Yeah. On Shutout in particular, Binary spawns top glass and Beam spawns at S3.

Hahaha, oh wow.

Not that I'm that bothered. I played thousands of team snipers games in Halo 3 and Reach but flinch is so damaging to the gametype I don't think I've played even 30 games in the Halo 4 playlist. Genuinely, beyond indignant forum malice for 343, I'm so disappointed that they didn't get team snipers right. That was my playlist, man. Flinch and too many giant maps. Plus no headshot medal, and too much aim assist.

Fuchsdh

You are 4:30 hours early. Back to cry-sleep. :D

Dammit I shoulda' saved the link to that epic "BK Bonanza" Composer gif for such occasions. Oh well.

I guess that's what makes HaloGAF: salty as hell 90% of the time, but still hyped for more Halo the other 10%.

As to tweets:

tumblr_m6b5jzqWvw1qa5uid.gif

H2A with Halo 4 Multiplayer DLC confirmed. I mean, why else would they give us a 4 shot BR?

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think H2A with H4 MP would work okay.

If they removed loadouts, removed sprint, had BR starts, had predetermined weapon spawns.

Akai__

Dammit I shoulda' saved the link to that epic "BK Bonanza" Composer gif for such occasions. Oh well.

I guess that's what makes HaloGAF: salty as hell 90% of the time, but still hyped for more Halo the other 10%.

I don't know about others, but my salty-ness comes from the dissapointments, which the Halo series brought us over the last coupple years. I'm still happy, that the Halo franchise is being continued and playing occasionally with you guys here, is a lot of fun sometimes.

Nebula

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think H2A with H4 MP would work okay.

If they removed loadouts, removed sprint, had BR starts, had predetermined weapon spawns.

I wouldn't mind it if the settings were altered to give a true H2 feel, but I think sales would be MASSIVE if they included the original Halo 2 multiplayer with it, just with updated graphics. Forge, Theater and online campaign would also be fantastic if they could pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom