• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind it if the settings were altered to give a true H2 feel, but I think sales would be MASSIVE if they included the original Halo 2 multiplayer with it, just with updated graphics. Forge, Theater and online campaign would also be fantastic if they could pull it off.

Oh I agree, I would much prefer that, but I'm not hopeful that will happen.

Nazgul11

Oh man the pre press conference Twitter teasing is in full effect.

Has their been a logical reasoning on why people think a Halo 2 anniversary would come out only 9 years after launch

The only logical reasoning is that Microsoft probably wants to ship a Halo game this year. But yeah, you're absolutely right.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Morning all. This thread got very interesting last night it seems. I enjoyed reading the past few pages. Also, Speedy, we play a lot of Halo. Why, we played last night!

Nowise10

If H2A is real, Why not reveal it this year and launch it next year?

Because if its just going to be the redone campaign + Halo 4 map pack, 17 months of waiting and anticipating just isnt worth it. Thus why games like ODST and HCEA came out within 5-6 months after being announced, as they arent full pledged games like Halo Reach or Halo 4.

Mix

I am so fucking hyped its not even funny. I need to see both destiny and at the very least a teaser of a new halo game.

Come on guys, lets get shit done!

Nebula

I'm at work so hype levels will be kept at a minimum for my safety and the safety of those around me, until I get home anyway.

Fuchsdh

I'm at work so hype levels will be kept at a minimum for my safety and the safety of those around me, until I get home anyway.
Livestream will be open behind my work windows so I can at least listen while it happens--too much work to do to slack off sadly.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm probably in the minority here, but I think H2A with H4 MP would work okay.

If they removed loadouts, removed sprint, had BR starts, had predetermined weapon spawns.
I'd be cool with that, too. Halo 4 MP can replicate Halo 2 MP much better than Reach could replicate Halo CE.

Shadders

Has their been a logical reasoning on why people think a Halo 2 anniversary would come out only 9 years after launch

It's because people assume Halo 5 will launch in 2014, so if they're doing a Halo 2 remake it would have to be this year. In fairness, there's no reason why it would need to come 10 years after the original, every HD remake other than Halo CE has just been released whenever, they didn't wait for the tenth anniversary.

That said, I'd be really surprised if they launched a new console with a remake of a nine year old game, that's a really weird message.

Ghazi

What if they relaunched CE:A with even better graphics, 60 fps, and completely ported MP. Shit would be gdlk.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
This may be the best gif I've seen.

MI3-Kazification.gif

Seance

Banned
Don't listen to them OddOne, you made a great OT. Coming off the last one it may as well be the best OT ever.

What happened to Wharer?

Hire Juices..

I just received my first Halo book. Fall of Reach its called. I won it in that HBO giveaway I think by Biggy maybe? I honestly forgot who. Thanks though! Finally I can see if these turds are any good.
It's okay at best. It's the only Halo novel I'll probably ever read, but I find most sci-fi books dry and overly verbose for the sake of introducing new words to their canon.

OT but I just started watching Luther with Idris Elba. Fantastic show.
yup, great show. Coming back pretty soon, from what I hear.

---------------------------------------

Tashi, are the lifts on Onyx supposed to be inert for CTF, or is that another glitch? I kind if liked it, but my idiot teammates spent most of their time trying to somehow make them work and we lost. :-(

Nebula

Just realised we could stop the war for the creation of the next OT by just allowing multiple people to contribute to the creation of one.

willow ve

Wahrer wasn't originally perma banned. No idea if that's changed, but it started with a month.

Can't wait for the stream to start. I'm even expecting to be underwhelmed and I STILL can't wait.

Ghazi

Does anyone know when the conference starts for GMT -6:00? Because I think the 10 AM time was EST right? I can't seem to open one of those conversion websites on my phone either and I'm terrible with timezones.

willow ve

Does anyone know when the conference starts for GMT -6:00? Because I think the 10 AM thing was EST right? I can't seem to open one of those conversion websites on my phone either and I'm terrible with timezones.
5pm GMT, or two hours and fifteen minutes from this post

Mix

Wahrer wasn't permed he was banned for one moth because he made a
not too terrible
joke about mentally handicapped people when I was talking about a student who was so that won prom king at my high school.

gAg CruSh3r

I can't wait for the reveal. Hopefully MS has something up their sleeves, or it'll be tentative whether or not I buy it.

I think they will. They been doing a fantastic job at keeping things on the low down. I have not seen any spoilers or anything. That's saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom