• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Madness

Would it even be worth getting a headset for the XbOne if Kinect allows for voice chat? I'll probably mute all from day one anyways and only do party chat.

And this time, I'm definitely splurging on those $300 headphones.

Omni

Yea it's gonna suck. For me it's going to be:

Console
Forza
Killer Instinct
Watch Dogs
Second Controller
Headset (Thanks for not including it Microsoft)
Charge kits

probably gonna be somewhere around 700-800 depending on the price of Killer Instinct.
Kinda shitty how they aren't including a headset and charge kit with the console. Thing is already expensive enough... they could have at least chucked something in there to make it seem a little more worth while.

Would it even be worth getting a headset for the XbOne if Kinect allows for voice chat? I'll probably mute all from day one anyways and only do party chat.

And this time, I'm definitely splurging on those $300 headphones.
Depends if you like everyone in your house/vicinity being able to hear what your friends are saying over chat, I guess.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
images

Havok

Yeah, after 4, I'm no longer a fan of the "if you want to find out what makes our boring in- game characters interesting, read this" mentality.
Especially when the only indication of the primary antagonist's motivation and apparent character turn is hidden either via collectibles unlocking content on a crummy website or in a book that releases a full five months after the game.

willow ve

Especially when the only indication of the primary antagonist's motivation and apparent character turn is hidden either via collectibles unlocking content on a crummy website or in a book that releases a full five months after the game.
I just can't find it in myself to care about the meta plot of the franchise anymore. Enjoyed it all the way through Reach. Then with 4 it just became too much work.

H2 Michelle Rodriguez Marine is infinitely a better character than Palmer.
I see your Michelle and raise you Laura:

laura_prepon_04gfq2g.jpg

It's a terrible narrative strategy imo
I realize the stuff for Big Bad was supposed to be in the game through terminals, and it may have made a difference. Be that as it may, I hope they scale back on the outside-the-game character development. Give me something to like about the character IN the game first, please.

daedalius

Terminals outside of the game was a bad decision, not to mention hiding them (although they were easy enough to find, if you were actually looking).

When its absolutely necessary for you to watch them to have a clue as to what is going on... they should probably be easy to find and watch!

Nowise10

Terminals outside of the game was a bad decision, not to mention hiding them (although they were easy enough to find, if you were actually looking).

When its absolutely necessary for you to watch them to have a clue as to what is going on... they should probably be easy to find and watch!

..Why is hiding terminals bad.

They need to hide more things in campaign.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
ITT: Posting who should be a female Spartan based on looks.
ScarJo
Laura

also

ITT: Posting actual female Spartan candidates based on actual strength, build, and attitude.
Gina
Michelle

ITT: Posting who should be a female Spartan based on looks.
ScarJo
Laura
I posted Laura because she voiced one of the Marines in Halo 2, not because she looks similar to a character I don't like.

Edit: I agree completely. Without the knowledge of the terminals, Didact was a paper-thin, craptastic villain.

I realize the stuff for Big Bad was supposed to be in the game through terminals, and it may have made a difference. Be that as it may, I hope they scale back on the outside-the-game character development. Give me something to like about the character IN the game first, please.

Can't put key narrative stuff in the terminals though, those are intentionally hidden from the player. The content in the Halo 4 terminals shouldn't have been in terminals.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Keep collectibles. Some people like searching levels and finding cool stuff. Halo 2-?

For god sakes just don't tie major plot points to them. Make them items.

Keep collectibles. Some people like searching levels and finding cool stuff. Halo 2-?

For god sakes just don't tie major plot points to them. Make them items.

^^^

We still have yet to get a scarab version 2.0, or something like a giant soccer ball. Instead we get hidden weapon caches....

Trey

Arbiter should return in Halo 5.

Without a doubt, but we'll see what he's up to in the (thankfully) last installment of the Kilo Five Trilogy.

It's a terrible narrative strategy imo

Yeah, after 4, I'm no longer a fan of the "if you want to find out what makes our boring in- game characters interesting, read this" mentality.

Yep.

I prefer good science fiction and/or fantasy, thank you.

There's actually some solid stuff in the Halo book offerings. The themes, characters and story hooks you like about the games are present in some of the books in interesting configurations.

While it's not genre-defining stuff, it's a nice quick read.

Top Bottom