• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Coming January 2014. Still hoping they tighten up the cover art, but whatever.

http://www.tor.com/stories/2013/07/halo-mortal-dictata-excerpt

It will be interesting to spend more time on Venezia, there doesn't seem to be much to set up regarding the continuing series or Halo 5, and it sounds like the Arby's story is getting told in a new comic series.

The second book was weird, its was a filler inside a filler with some Halo 4 references.

I dont see how Kile fivo will impact Halo in any way, unless they take Naomi be the New noble 6 and give her own game.

Frankie plays CoD more because the whole game is essentially SWAT.

In SWAT you have to somewhat aim for the head region. The whole game of CoD is esseitially Instagib.

Which makes me think.. a modified lightrifle that shoots slower and incenerates people on contact, basically one shot kill, would be pretty cool as a gametype in Halo 4 right? Imagine BTB with that shit lol. Oh and give everybody speedboost all the time.

Speedboost + one shot kill lightrifle = Unreal Haloment.

In SWAT you have to somewhat aim for the head region. The whole game of CoD is esseitially Instagib.

Which makes me think.. a modified lightrifle that shoots slower and incenerates people on contact, basically one shot kill, would be pretty cool as a gametype in Halo 4 right? Imagine BTB with that shit lol. Oh and give everybody speedboost all the time.

Yes please this all of it. Sounds close to the Binary Slayer gametype which is just as fun.

Fuchsdh

The second book was weird, its was a filler inside a filler with some Halo 4 references.

I dont see how Kile fivo will impact Halo in any way, unless they take Naomi be the New noble 6 and give her own game.

Not filler to me, but unlike the old Nylund books it's not really telling us "the biggest story of the universe happening now". I thought the characters were a lot more developed in Thursday War and you got some good insight into Del Rio, wish they'd added a bit more to Halo 4. I think this book will be better by virtue of telling us about something entirely separate from what we are likely to see much of in the games.

Ghazi

Dude, why hasn't anyone else read Asslands by M. Dongblain yet? Obviously you people can't appreciate good literature.

Pennybags

You have to admit, the similarity can't be a coincidence. Obviously Halo 4 takes place in an alternate dimension where we arm our Republicans in armored suits and send them off to battle, true politics.

250px-RSRlogo.jpg

OQZQkVN.jpg

Fuchsdh

I lol'ed.

Someone should just take all the Cortana bits from Halo 4 and overdub Dylan Rider dialog over it.
...She has dialogue?

Also, random aside, but I never noticed until someone pointed it out that Tartarus has an Elite skull on his pauldron in the Great Jouney cutscenes. Fun that you can still discover things like that.

willow ve

Yes please this all of it. Sounds close to the Binary Slayer gametype which is just as fun.
You guys do know this gametype already exists right? It's called lighting flag and it gets voted regularly in Team Action Sack. Not uncommon to go 75+ kills on 30 deaths in a single game.

Madness

Damn, by November there will be a new CoD and Battlefield. I imagine Halo 4 won't even be top ten at that point.

Frankie, if you're reading this, just release Halo 3 for free already. Swallow the pride.

Edit: Can't forget GTA V about to release. It's going to take top spot for sure.

Enfinit

Damn, by November there will be a new CoD and Battlefield. I imagine Halo 4 won't even be top ten at that point.

Frankie, if you're reading this, just release Halo 3 for free already. Swallow the pride.

Edit: Can't forget GTA V about to release. It's going to take top spot for sure.

WAIT WAIT HOLD ON I GOT THIS

"RIP HALO"

HGS SLRP

but seriously hire juices

Shadders

So I think I'm going to buy a Surface tomorrow.

Question: Has there been any indication that there might be a Halo/UNSC branded version? I'm really surprised there wasn't one for Spartan Assault.

FyreWulff

Question: Has there been any indication that there might be a Halo/UNSC branded version? I'm really surprised there wasn't one for Spartan Assault.

No, they're still trying to sell through the original stock of the Surface U

I remember seeing a UNSC Surface as contest swag and it looked glorious, but I don't think they're being mass produced.

I wonder if Halo Th(Fr)ee will manage to stand up against the new Coddlefield titles.

Nowise10

I wonder if Halo Th(Fr)ee will manage to stand up against the new Coddlefield titles.

Halo 3 only has two playlist that you can play without needing any DLC, although I dont know if having only the free Heroic map pack will allow you into any more playlist, but I think that will turn off some people quickly.

FyreWulff

Halo 3 only has two playlist that you can play without needing any DLC, although I dont know if having only the free Heroic map pack will allow you into any more playlist, but I think that will turn off some people quickly.

Yeah but that list is Social Slayer, which the majority are going to be in anyway

Madness

If titles like Assassins Creed 2 can crack top 7, Halo 3 will easily crack top 3 even, since it has multiplayer as well. It's not about top spot, as opposed to reminding people what Halo is/was.

Plus, it'll give many of us, another chance at getting some great matches in... (bad netcode, molasses blah blah)

If titles like Assassins Creed 2 can crack top 7, Halo 3 will easily crack top 3 even, since it has multiplayer as well. It's not about top spot, as opposed to reminding people what Halo is/was.

Plus, it'll give many of us, another chance at getting some great matches in... (bad netcode, molasses blah blah)

Wait until people realize that the free version is the one that doesn't come with all the dlc.

Yea Halo 3 is going to shit on Halo 4. Halo 4 is so bad.

THEY ADDED PERKS TO HALO.

THEY ACTUALLY DID THAT.

Its so annoying Twitch doesnt work at work... I have 1.4mb down 1 mb up. 128 ping, is that too slow for twitch. I'm bypassing the stuff using popout only and then clicking next to the wrench icon so i can choose 240 360 and 480p and it still wont load.

Top Bottom