• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

TCKaos

Something has gone wrong if ONI doesn't end up being the big bad of the Halo universe

Fuck the Didact, ONI is pure evil

"Time to instigate a religious civil war with one of the most powerful alien races in the known universe so that we can test a single weapon on a single ship, destroying a single city. There is no other way."

DeadNames

Banned
I remember when Halo was about a dying humanity at war with a collection of overzealous aliens hellbent on ravaging humans for the sake of their religion.

I remember when Halo was the #1 console shooter.

It can be again. All they have to do is adjust it to be more like Call of Duty. That way they attract the massive Call of Duty fan base while keeping the Halo fans intact because it's a Halo game. It's a foolproof plan.

I remember when Halo was the #1 console shooter.

3t8z2o.jpg

blamite

I remember when Halo was about a dying humanity at war with a collection of overzealous aliens hellbent on ravaging humans for the sake of their religion.
Halo story stopped being compelling when humanity started becoming powerful.

Hopefully the Infinity (and all the perks and Spartan 4s onboard) gets destroyed in Halo 5 so things can get interesting again.
This is unlikely with the whole "humans are becoming the new Forerunners" story thread we've got going now.

Omni

Halo story stopped being compelling when humanity started becoming powerful.

Hopefully the Infinity (and all the perks and Spartan 4s onboard) gets destroyed in Halo 5 so things can get interesting again.

This would make me very happy. Just have the Precursors return or something and destroy everything while the UNSC are bickering with the Covenant.

This is unlikely with the whole "humans are becoming the new Forerunners" story thread we've got going now.
It's possible. The Precursors could return and deem the humans as unworthy of upholding the mantle. And then, bam. They start trying to wipe us out to give the next species a shot at unifying the galaxy or you know, just implement some kind of back up plan (Flood V2?)

Ghazi

lol Halo, wtf is that? Too busy playing CoD with Frankie, he just got a sick yy across the map barrel stuff silent shot trick shot fakey 360.

He's pretty damn legit.

blamite

This would make me very happy. Just have the Precursors return or something and destroy everything while the UNSC are bickering with the Covenant.

What if Infinity goes outside the galaxy to an Ark on the first mission of the game and when they return everything has already been destroyed and the ship gets shot down on some random planet. The rest of the game picks up years later with a ragtag band of Infinity survivors have formed a resistance force using the small amount of remaining resources. Realizing that Catherine Halsey is the only person with the knowledge needed for humanity to stand a chance, the Chief, Lasky, the Arbiter, and Lord Hood are forced to undertake a daring mission to infiltrate the Didact's ultimate war vessel and rescue her so that they can use her information launch an assault on the Forerunner Empire.

J10

Banned
Nah bro, they're gonna build another Infinity and call it Infinity 2. Infinity 2 belongs exclusively to red team and they space dock with Infinity whenever they wanna train against blue team. You'll know you're on an Infinity 2 multiplayer map because all the rocks will be red.

mo60

Even though they've had more than enough possible reasons to meet up, Chief will not meet Halsey until the very end of the trilogy. Halsey will be the main villain despite not changing her motives at all, and it requires Chief finally meeting her to turn her "good" again.

Maybe the dragon dildo Covenant cyber arm she gets will turn her evil or something.

Halsey just hates ONI/UNSC.She will not become the main villain in the next two halo games.She is just using the covenant to further her goals for more knowledge and to take revenge on ONI/the UNSC.

mo60

The health pack achievement and the assasinate an elite achievement are glitched in halo reach.I did both and nothing happened when I got those achievements.

TheOddOne

What if Infinity goes outside the galaxy to an Ark on the first mission of the game and when they return everything has already been destroyed and the ship gets shot down on some random planet. The rest of the game picks up years later with a ragtag band of Infinity survivors have formed a resistance force using the small amount of remaining resources. Realizing that Catherine Halsey is the only person with the knowledge needed for humanity to stand a chance, the Chief, Lasky, the Arbiter, and Lord Hood are forced to undertake a daring mission to infiltrate the Didact's ultimate war vessel and rescue her so that they can use her information launch an assault on the Forerunner Empire.
Feels like Star Wars. I'm ok with this.

willow ve

Nah bro, they're gonna build another Infinity and call it Infinity 2. Infinity 2 belongs exclusively to red team and they space dock with Infinity whenever they wanna train against blue team. You'll know you're on an Infinity 2 multiplayer map because all the rocks will be a brownish red.

FTFY

Nah bro, they're gonna build another Infinity and call it Infinity 2. Infinity 2 belongs exclusively to red team and they space dock with Infinity whenever they wanna train against blue team. You'll know you're on an Infinity 2 multiplayer map because all the rocks will be red.

All matches will take place on Boarding Action remake 5 miles long confirmed?

Fuchsdh

We don't need another "humans are the ultimate evil" plot line. Also, I doubt Halo will ever make human enemies outside of Berserk Chief.

Seems pretty clear that they're going that route, though.

All matches will take place on Boarding Action remake 5 miles long confirmed?

That's the first thing I thought of too when I read it. Oh god, I think like Wahrer.

FyreWulff

We don't need another "humans are the ultimate evil" plot line. Also, I doubt Halo will ever make human enemies outside of Berserk Chief.

It's not humans are the ultimate evil. it's ONI is the ultimate evil.

Also, Bungie gave a taste of human enemies in ODST. If you collected all the audio logs.

Flipyap

Something has gone wrong if ONI doesn't end up being the big bad of the Halo universe

Fuck the Didact, ONI is pure evil
Yeah, but they lack the numbers to fill that role. 343 would have to make a seriously huge jump ahead in time (already wasted the perfect setup for that) for Halo's humanity to reach the point where any group could afford sending thousands of its people for you to slaughter. Of course, humans would be terrible Halo enemies, so they'd have to control robots/monsters/robot monsters instead, and then it's one step away from being less about ONI and more about one crazy dude with too much power - the exact thing 343 set out to establish, because decentralized organizations don't make good enough Star Wars villains. So you'd basically get a mini Didact anyway, and another Mass Effect 2-3, and this shit can't be salvaged without a reboot (and a brand new franchise farm).

...what am I even doing here? Uh. I think I'm becoming desperate enough to want to try this H4LO business. It's actually starting to look "good enough". So that's troubling.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ugh. Why would they ruin it? Part of Master Chief is not knowing who is behind the mask. Fuck "humanizing" him.

you can humanize him without showing the face, with books, like they did for years.

Just give him more dialogue in the cutscenes, end of story.

I neither want a total nobody like The Rookie or Noble 6 nor do I want a MasterChief that will be now given a fixed face and they try to make him look like a broken hero or something

Ghazi

You have to admit, the similarity can't be a coincidence. Obviously Halo 4 takes place in an alternate dimension where we arm our Republicans in armored suits and send them off to battle, true politics.

FyreWulff

I'm talking about the disc one. I tried to assassinate the first elite on nightfall, but it did not work.

1: just in case, make sure you don't have it already (ie you turned off notifications)

2: delete your profile (just the profile) and recover it and try again

mo60

1: just in case, make sure you don't have it already (ie you turned off notifications)

2: delete your profile (just the profile) and recover it and try again

Notifications are on.I unlocked a MP related achievement last night and that one appeared, but not this achievement.I'm going to play around with this achievement a bit after I'm done the campaign.

FyreWulff

Notifications are on.I unlocked a MP related achievement last night and that one appeared, but not this achievement.I'm going to play around with this achievement a bit after I'm done the campaign.

The reason the delete-recover thing sometimes works is the thingy that tells the Xbox what achievements you have (it's something like an XML file) and the thingy that awards achievements gets desynced. Recovery usually forces a clean slate and lets you get achievements.

Top Bottom