• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Nebula

So I discovered the wonders of Halo 3 YELO maps for Halo CE....

Video

Seriously though I feel like Halo CE with OpenSauce on the PC meets all of HaloGAF requirements besides Matchmaking.

-1080p
-60FPS
-90FOV
-Better Sandbox
-Core Halo experience
-Halo 3 set-up (optional)

[This is different than the Halo 3 foundry map that had some Halo sandbox stuff in it]

The BR even has the spread. Attention to detail there.

TheOddOne

Next gen is almost here. The best feature you could add is options. Like for example, turning off +Kill thingy.

Free advice, good advice, kthanksbai.

heckfu

Banned
Gamescom list looks nice

Our gamescom booth is the largest we’ve ever had. The team has worked tirelessly to make sure every piece of available space is filled with the latest game content for you to play. And not only will there be hands-on, you will also have the chance to see how Kinect and SmartGlass really adds to the gaming on Xbox One.

Stop by our booth to check out “Forza Motorsport 5,” “Ryse: Son of Rome,” “Killer Instinct,” “Kinect Sports Rivals,” “Project Spark,” “Dead Rising 3,” to name a few, and we will also have the first-ever hands-on with “FIFA 14” on Xbox One– perfect timing as football leagues worldwide are just kicking off. And let’s not forget the Xbox 360 – we’ll also have the remake of “Fable,” “World of Tanks” and an awesome selection of partner titles – all to be revealed at the show.

Next gen is almost here. The best feature you could add is options. Like for example, turning off +Kill thingy.

Free advice, good advice, kthanksbai.

This is one of the few places I'm hopeful for - Frankie's expressed some legitimate concern for the lack of them in Halo 4. Hopefully the tech leap allows for more tweaks.

Fun fact: the UI in Halo 4 straight-up doesn't support negativity. If you make a gametype that has medals that'll make you lose points, it says "+-10," for example. The UI is set up to display "+[number]" rather than "+ or - [value]."

Booties

Banned
I can't wait for 343 to have a brutal Palmer torture scene. Don't even ask her questions or anything. Just beat her up for no canonical reason, then kill her. It would be the biggest troll ever. "We only created her to be such a terrible character so we could kill her for the community's sake"

Fuchsdh

I can't wait for 343 to have a brutal Palmer torture scene. Don't even ask her questions or anything. Just beat her up for no canonical reason, then kill her. It would be the biggest troll ever. "We only created her to be such a terrible character so we could kill her for the community's sake"

Your glee at that scenario makes me glad I'm not a woman that has to deal with you in real life.

Ok so I tried to replicate that Akinator but I got stopped right here. ...what character does that actually apply to?

mVMScGj.png

Also, in case you didn't see the Spartan Assault OT, sounds like there's an update for anyone who is experiencing a crash on boot.

TheOddOne

This is one of the few places I'm hopeful for - Frankie's expressed some legitimate concern for the lack of them in Halo 4. Hopefully the tech leap allows for more tweaks.

Fun fact: the UI in Halo 4 straight-up doesn't support negativity. If you make a gametype that has medals that'll make you lose points, it says "+-10," for example. The UI is set up to display "+[number]" rather than "+ or - [value]."
tumblr_lwdj1nLENa1r4zr2vo1_r4_500.gif

tumblr_lwdj1nLENa1r4zr2vo2_r3_500.gif

Like a centipede type torture kill scene? What are we talking here?

N Fuchs take your sexist white knight bs the f outta halo cortana implants treefort dinner mother buck nightly fine Dane hiyoooooo

Video

Seriously though I feel like Halo CE with OpenSauce on the PC meets all of HaloGAF requirements besides Matchmaking.

-1080p
-60FPS
-90FOV
-Better Sandbox
-Core Halo experience

[This is different than the Halo 3 foundry map that had some Halo sandbox stuff in it]
My god Microsoft, get this shit on Steam ASAP so I can give my money to you.

TCKaos

Video

-1080p
-60FPS
-90FOV
-Better Sandbox
-Core Halo experience

Been messing around with Halo 3 Bloodgulch for a while. My only issue is that the BR burst itself feels really inconsistent for some reason, but CMT has apparently fixed that according to one of their recent updates. Hopefully everyone else hops on their bandwagon and implements the same fix.

Also, Halo 2.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why does it have to be sexist? Because she's a woman? The character sucks.
He never said it was sexist, but if that's specifically what he meant, I could see where he's coming from. I think it's a reasonable suggestion, though delivered in a way that might not feel reasonable to you. And rather than just writing it off (Juices), maybe it's worth further consideration?

I dunno. At this point I'm pretty apathetic about HaloGAF taking issues of sexism seriously / giving a shit.

wwm0nkey

My god Microsoft, get this shit on Steam ASAP so I can give my money to you.
Hopefully soon so I can play with you guys!

Been messing around with Halo 3 Bloodgulch for a while. My only issue is that the BR burst itself feels really inconsistent for some reason, but CMT has apparently fixed that according to one of their recent updates. Hopefully everyone else hops on their bandwagon and implements the same fix.

Also, Halo 2.

need to try that Halo 2 stuff.

Obscured

Video

-1080p
-60FPS
-90FOV
-Better Sandbox
-Core Halo experience

Beautiful...

I've been wanting to get back into PC gaming, that is the kind of thing that almost pushes me over the edge.

Palmer is Halo's "New Coke"...

Obscured

Is Palmer's character improved by Spartan Assault (Is there even much of a story to that game)?

There were a few things in Halo 4's story that struck me as off, Palmer(although more so in Spartan Ops) and the overall jingoistic attitude that the game seemed to start off with both seemed like maybe they were going somewhere and never did. I'd like to see them actually do something interesting with the character and I think just a 'burn it with fire' mentality is very much the wrong way to go about it. In general though they need to get their storytelling house in order and figure out what they are trying to do. They may have done that already, but if so then they need to do a better job and making it a cohesive whole.

Madness

Halo needs to take a page out of FIFA's playbook and release a new game every year that hasn't changed since the original.

kKzgskH.jpg

While it's true FIFA stays with its tried and true formula like most sports games. It's vastly different from how it was, even compared to last gen, let alone the original lol.

It seems that way probably to those who don't play, but there are numerous changes to the game. Same goes for NHL, Madden etc.

Remember, these are sports simulations. Not too many ways you can change or show the way it's played.

Enfinit

It seems that way probably to those who don't play, but there are numerous changes to the game. Same goes for NHL, Madden etc.

I got into FIFA a couple years ago when I picked up a used copy of FIFA World Cup (2010?), although NCAA Football has always been my favorite (which NCAA's fate doesn't look so good...). I'm not a FIFA veteran, but I've played every iteration since then, and virtually nothing has been changed aside from aesthetics. To me, anyways. Still a good game. I mainly buy it now to keep up with the current teams/rosters as well as the online population.

heckfu what team do you enjoy playing as the most?

heckfu

Banned
I got into FIFA a couple years ago when I picked up a used copy of FIFA World Cup (2010?), although NCAA Football has always been my favorite (which NCAA's fate doesn't look so good...). I'm not a FIFA veteran, but I've played every iteration since then, and virtually nothing has been changed aside from aesthetics. To me, anyways. Still a good game. I mainly buy it now to keep up with the current teams/rosters as well as the online population.

heckfu what team do you enjoy playing as the most?

The changes are subtle but you can tell a huge difference in AI from even 2 years ago and dribbling is a lot more fluid. It's the kind of changes that are warranted in games, IMO.

I have the most fun playing as 3-4 star teams online, shows more of an actual skill than abusing 5 star teams that have ridiculous speed or players that can break mechanics. Favorite teams to play with, though, are Olympique Marseille, St Etienne, and Toulouse FC.

Computer

Maybe this was discussed already but some 343 devs were playing Halo CE at work recently

https://twitter.com/DougBarnes88/status/368561658005712897

I know what people will say but any ounce of hope is something

I wrote this a while back.

343 needs to have a mandatory massive Halo CE LAN party for all employees. So to teach them a nice lesson on what Halo is and why it had so much successes in the past. Hopefully it would help them grasp a better concept on how to build a Halo game from scratch.

They should also broadcast it on twitch. Id like that.\

Hopefully 343 will take a look at the Halo 5 wishlist thread. It is just about unanimous amongst gamers that classic Halo is the best direction to go. A lot of people that want classic Halo back are not hardcore Halo fans so even casuals prefer a more simple Halo witch makes since.

I don't expect 343 to listen they think they know what gamers want more then gamers. We were saying all the same shit while Halo 4 was in development.

Maybe they listened to me lol. I doubt it but cool if they did.

Edit please read.

Also I have a idea for Halo MP please let me know if it is completely stupid. Halo has a very high difficulty curve higher then almost any shooter on the market. A major issue with casual players is that it can be hard to aim and get contestant head shots. To counter act this Bungie/343 introduced novelty items such as jet pack, armor lock, perks, AR load outs, ect.. My idea would be to get rid of all of the BS that was thought to appeal to casual players and introduce aim assist based on rank. In a ranking system people are matched up by players to equal skill level so my though is to start low level player with a bit of a boast in aim assist. As the player progresses through the ranks the aim assist will decrease until almost none at all. I feel that this should happen somewhere around halfway through the ranking system. Lest say level 25 of 50 you bottom out your aim assist. I feel this is a great way to get more people to play Halo while at the same time help teach them how to play.

Madness

I'm pretty sure most employees at 343 played Halo even before being hired and I'm almost certain they played all the games during development of Halo 4. Hell they probably had regular matches of CE or played through the campaign during CEA no?

Heck, a while back, I remember reading something on Quinn's twitter of Ellis playing like over 8000+ games of Halo 2.

It's not about that. They simply didn't want to make Halo CE 2, they wanted to make Halo 4, they wanted to build off Reach and incorporate staples of current FPS like Call of Duty etc.

In the end, it just wasn't fun and didn't work. And I'm pretty hopeful for Halo 5. Not because I think they'll capture the magic of CE-3 or whatever, but because it'll be better than Reach and 4 and be a solid arena shooter in a landscape full of ADS shooters like Destiny, CoD, TitanFall

Maybe they were testing CE and how it plays for a possible re-release or a release on Steam, seeing if it's still fun or just for the fun of it.

Honest question: Is there a shooter out there released in the last few years that doesn't have ADS? Pretty much seems like a relic of shooters past at this point (unfortunately).

FyreWulff

Honest question: Is there a shooter out there released in the last few years that doesn't have ADS? Pretty much seems like a relic of shooters past at this point (unfortunately).

Nope. Even Gears has an ADS weapon now.

Even the fuckin' Goldeneye remake was converted into a CoD clone. Down to the point they had the slow mo breach moments in campaign.

Booshka

CS:GO on XBLA.

Full game though? Don't think so. The Hammerburst ADS in Gears 3 doesnt bother me either, you are already slow when aiming, so having a proper ADS for that weapon is fine.

Lancer is better anyway.

Hard Reset. The upcoming Shadow Warrior, also from Flying Wild Hog, does not have ADS (and looks really fuckin fun). It's been a while, but I'm fairly sure Left 4 Dead doesn't use ADS. Serious Sam 3 has ADS but apparently it's not required at all.

Fuchsdh

Hey Frank and/or Ellis, log in with an alt and contribute. Thanks.

I think I might vomit.

Haha, contributed my own (tame) one. How much do we really need to know about the industry that we don't, though? The entire culture is whacked out at far too many places and there are a bunch of stupid kids lining up who make it all possible.

heckfu

Banned
Haha, contributed my own (tame) one. How much do we really need to know about the industry that we don't, though? The entire culture is whacked out at far too many places and there are a bunch of stupid kids lining up who make it all possible.

Your glee at that scenario makes me glad I'm not a stupid kid that has to deal with you in real life.

Top Bottom