• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Hard Reset. The upcoming Shadow Warrior, also from Flying Wild Hog, does not have ADS (and looks really fuckin fun). It's been a while, but I'm fairly sure Left 4 Dead doesn't use ADS. Serious Sam 3 has ADS but apparently it's not required at all.
Shadow Warrior is a remake though correct? (Not that it isn't worth mentioning, but that's probably the primary reason)

Left 4 Dead is a good example, pretty sure it didn't have ADS. Realization: Holy shit Left 4 Dead was 5 years ago.

Really seems like something that is just a part of shooters these days, with a few exceptions obviously.
Meta HaloGAF drama, back to old times
HaloGAF at its best.

jTBejmb4i5Aim.jpg

This kid lag switched my friend and I all game, then I see his bio.

I guess level 30-40 range legendary slayer is serious business.

Also: he lost

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've never seen a lag switch in game, but on certain maps in Halo 4, my or Franklinator's getting host makes everyone pop in the game 3-4 minutes after I do.

Although that changes tomorrow, when I move into my dorm. Then I can pull host in Halo 3, and it will be glorious.

Shadow Warrior is a remake though correct? (Not that it isn't worth mentioning, but that's probably the primary reason)

Left 4 Dead is a good example, pretty sure it didn't have ADS. Realization: Holy shit Left 4 Dead was 5 years ago.

Really seems like something that is just a part of shooters these days, with a few exceptions obviously.
Shadow Warrior is a reboot/re-imagining that borrows key elements of the original, but is an entirely new game.

I struggled to think of just those few examples, and that's really a shame.

Enfinit

I have the most fun playing as 3-4 star teams online, shows more of an actual skill than abusing 5 star teams that have ridiculous speed or players that can break mechanics. Favorite teams to play with, though, are Olympique Marseille, St Etienne, and Toulouse FC.
I love playing with Man. City as far as traditional power teams go, but recently I've been playing a lot with the Celtics. Such an underrated team.
We should do HaloGAF fantasy football.
I'm in.

Who posts their Halo stats in their bio tho...

Yeah but it could contraditcs the Composer ability and it would reduce the knights to something born from quake or doom grotesque design.

I expected the knight being more than a robotic version of the covenant.

Did anyone saw the yellow promethean ? I think it was the most challenging version of the knight.

Eh, the humanoid body could just be like a husk of an undersuit or something, perhaps where the pilot usually would go in. Just have it there because why not, but keep the actual pilots just energy/data/whatever. Or something.

Omni

I'm like 600 points away from a 20,000GS (taken three or four years). Made a little 'goal' of reaching the 20k before next gen comes around.

Still need to 100% Halo CEA, and with GTAV hopefully that will round it off.

Can we please get Buck (and the other ODSTs) back in a Halo game? Even if it isn't their own game..

And maybe have him appear in the TV show?

And maybe allow us to choose character personas in MP other than FF.

Booshka

21K gamerscore in one year. Impressive or really fat?

You don't need XBL Gold to build Gamescore.

Yep, poopsock for Halo 3 General with Gold, play random games on Silver account building gamerscore. Get Gold again for Reach, play more random games on Silver account. Get Gold for Halo 4. Dude could have been playing since 07-08 if he has been hopscotching off Gold trials.

Dear 343. If you want everyone to have Saw and Swords you might as well map them loadouts.

and BTW, is that new perk that kills stopping power able to stack with speed boost? I hate to say it but with sprint as default the sword really needs to go.

You think dual wielding might make a comeback as a tactical package in Halo 5? That'd be pretty sweet.

Yes, you can dual wield Saws with the nuke perk on they fire missiles instead of rounds. Sprint to high ground, jetpack off it and rain hell fire down on those old school Halo players!

Thats the 343 way.

Nowise10

jTBejmb4i5Aim.jpg

I guess level 30-40 range legendary slayer is serious business.

Also: he lost

loool This guy is my bestfriends friend, he is in my party's alot.

He doesn't lag switch, his connection just isn't the best, trust me.

Nowise10

How small is the population that is still playing if you can recognize other players LOL.

...If you're replying to me, I said he is in my party's a lot, because hes my friends friend, thats how I know him. He was in it like 2 hours ago, although I don't really like him because he kicks me from his chats all the time because I'm not playing the same game he is.

Madness

...If you're replying to me, I said he is in my party's a lot, because hes my friends friend, thats how I know him. He was in it like 2 hours ago, although I don't really like him because he kicks me from his chats all the time because I'm not playing the same game he is.

I was but it was the observation that some random guy playing with Napsta turned out be someone you knew. What are odds he plays against someone, posts their picture here in HaloGAF only for it to be someone that someone else here knows lol. Small world.

Nowise10

I was but it was the observation that some random guy playing with Napsta turned out be someone you knew. What are odds he plays against someone, posts their picture here I am HaloGAF only for it to be someone that someone else here knows lol. Small world.

Oh then lol, that is true. I was in the party with my friend, who knows A Storm Rifle, and was just like "Uh Isnt this your friend?" and sent him the link to the post.

My friend also doesn't like Neogaf, or rather "halogaf" at all. He claims you guys are idiots. Which may be true.

Fotos

I'm like 600 points away from a 20,000GS (taken three or four years). Made a little 'goal' of reaching the 20k before next gen comes around.

Still need to 100% Halo CEA, and with GTAV hopefully that will round it off.

I had one too. I was at 42,000 two or three months ago and I wanted to get to 50,000 before Xbox One. Turns out it's really easy to get a achievements if you just try a little bit because i'm around 51,000 now.

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh then lol, that is true. I was in the party with my friend, who knows A Storm Rifle, and was just like "Uh Isnt this your friend?" and sent him the link to the post.

My friend also doesn't like Neogaf, or rather "halogaf" at all. He claims you guys are idiots. Which may be true.
Is your friend also a modder who teases you found a new easter egg and don't want to say right away what it is? And then it turns out it is only another weapon stash?

Nowise10

Is your friend also a modder who teases you found a new easter egg and don't want to say right away what it is? And then it turns out it is only another weapon stash?

If you mean a modder who finds undiscovered easter eggs and I then ask about and he teases me, that is Lord Zedd

Nowise10

Lets go back to the time I first joined this site and posted pictures without contest and got people mad.

mod_zps74296808.png

modd_zpsf832aa71.png

ps its something im working on

TCKaos

Lets go back to the time I first joined this site and posted pictures without contest and got people mad.

mod_zps74296808.png

modd_zpsf832aa71.png

ps its something im working on

FUCK YOU I HATE PICTURES.

What am I looking at? Some Generator Defense or Firefight variant on some edited map? Is it fun?

Madness

I'd say Halo 4 was markedly more technically accomplished than Bungie's games. I'm not saying they are a better dev particularly, but they definitely put out the prettier game. By a fair margin too.

Saw this post by someone in a thread in gaming side. Thoughts?

FyreWulff

Saw this post by someone in a thread in gaming side. Thoughts?

343 releases a Halo two years after the last Bungie game and it looks better on a technical level?

That's kind of a 'no shit'. It's natural progression of prowess over the hardware. The next Bungie title will be a jump over Halo 4. Then Halo One will be a jump over that. Then Destiny 2 will be a jump over that. etc.

343 releases a Halo two years after the last Bungie game and it looks better on a technical level?

That's kind of a 'no shit'. It's natural progression of prowess over the hardware. The next Bungie title will be a jump over Halo 4. Then Halo One will be a jump over that. Then Destiny 2 will be a jump over that. etc.

Bungie have been known throughout this gen to be releasing Halo 2.5 looking games. Its not a "no shit" at all. Their games for the most part never completely delivered on 360 graphically until Halo4, which is imo leagues better in the gfx department then what Bungie have ever accomplished on 360.

FyreWulff

Bungie have been known throughout this gen to be releasing Halo 2.5 looking games. Its not a "no shit" at all. Their games for the most part never completely delivered on 360 graphically until Halo4, which is imo leagues better in the gfx department then what Bungie have ever accomplished on 360.

dot dot dot

Halo 2.5? I thought we buried that in an unmarked grave long ago

Top Bottom