• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Omni

There is perks in BF3.

No, I mean like armour mods. They don't sound too bad, but eh. There's one that stops you from getting "one shotted" in the chest by snipers and minimises splash damage by shotguns... Another where you don't show up on motion sensors.

It's a slippery slope.

Fracas

#fuckonami
No, I mean like armour mods. They don't sound too bad, but eh. There's one that stops you from getting "one shotted" in the chest by snipers and minimises splash damage by shotguns... Another where you don't show up on motion sensors.

It's a slippery slope.
That doesn't sound good.

It's a slippery slope.

They're pretty mild, but yeah I'm not a fan.

Here's a post explaining the three that people raised issue with.

I'm more concerned about how they ripped away beautiful C4 from the beautiful Support class.

It's a slippery slope.

You missed some things

Armour:

- Snipers can't 1-shot you in the chest at close range
- Shotguns will still do their rated damage if shot in the arms, legs, head, and stomach
- Damage taken from medium and long ranges will not be minimized
- Unless Demize changed it from a couple of days (?) ago, Armour also slows you down.

Stealth:

- You won't be spotted by motion sensors if you walk. How often do you find yourself walking?

I'm more concerned about how they ripped away beautiful C4 from the beautiful Support class.

Still has it

The Support kit has a few more offensive options, and thanks to community feedback will retain his C4 and Claymores from Battlefield 3.

Overdoziz

Banned
Apparently there are perks in BF4...
http://m.brobible.com/files/uploads/images/Entertainment/movies/Team-America-Puking-Up-a-Storm.gif[img]
something something halo etc[/QUOTE]
Eh, perks have been in Battlefield since at least Bad Company 2. They've never been very offensive and the new ones don't look much different.

[quote="randomrosso, post: 77108379"]No, I mean like armour mods. They don't sound too bad, but eh. There's one that stops you from getting "one shotted" in the chest by snipers and minimises splash damage by shotguns... Another where you don't show up on motion sensors.

It's a slippery slope.[/QUOTE]
Except that motion sensors are already not 100% reliable to begin with anyway, so it doesn't change anything. The T-UGS and MAV in BF3 don't spot enemies who are crouching or prone.

You missed some things

Armour:

- Snipers can't 1-shot you in the chest at close range
- Shotguns will still do their rated damage if shot in the arms, legs, head, and stomach
- Damage taken from medium and long ranges will not be minimized
- Unless Demize changed it from a couple of days (?) ago, Armour also slows you down.

Stealth:

- You won't be spotted by motion sensors if you walk. How often do you find yourself walking?

Still has it

It looks like the squad pasive abilities from Battlefield 3 becomes individual.

oh nvm, "killstreaks" perks.

Community Career Path 1: Shockwave
Specializations: AMMO>ARMOR>GRENADES>SUPPRESSION
This is the career for players who want to wreak havoc at the frontlines. Built to promote offensive play and gung-ho attitude, you’ll need all the extra AMMO you can get. ARMOR gives you that increased protection that means you could walk away from chance encounters at zero range when rounding a corner, while an added GRENADE lets you clear out enemy camps more freely. Lastly, that extra SUPPRESSION boost comes in handy when you find out you’ve run into a hornet’s nest.

Community Career Path 2: Survivor
Specializations: REDUCED FALL>AMMO>QUICK REGEN>COVER
Fortune favors the brave. Or in the case of the “SURVIVOR” career, fortune favors players who have bolstered their survival capabilities by picking the right specializations. REDUCED FALL means you can jump off rooftops when enemies are blasting RPG into your building, while extra AMMO always helps when trying to shoot yourself out of a pinch. QUICK REGEN means you only need a short period of time before your soldier starts to auto heal, while COVER effectively means enemy suppression will not have as much effect on your ability to return fire with accuracy.

Community Career Path 3: Shadow
Specializations: QUICK UNSPOT>SPRINT>REDUCED FALL>STEALTH
Inspired by the fabled shadow warriors of the Orient, the “SHADOW” career grants you the mystical powers you need to infiltrate enemy territory without being seen. Okay, not really, but it grants you some perks that accumulated will give you an edge when going behind enemy lines. QUICK UNSPOT means you’ll disappear more quickly from enemy radars when you’ve been spotted, while SPRINT lets you move quickly from cover to cover. REDUCED FALL lets you jump from your favorite hiding places without taking damage, while STEALTH grants you the ability to remain undetected when passing within range of enemy motion sensors.

Community Career Path 4: Hunter
Specializations: ADVANCED SPOT>SPRINT>AMMO>GRENADES
So you want to be a big game hunter? ADVANCED SPOT grants you the ability to have targets spotted for extended periods of time – they can run, but they can’t hide. While they’re cowering behind cover thinking that they’ve escaped detection, SPRINT up to them and use your extra AMMO and GRENADE to flush them out! Sometimes, playing Battlefield is almost too easy.

Fotos

So if I'm converting the time right, the Microsoft Gamescom conference is at 1:30 am PST tomorrow morning? Also, has anyone considered that the exclusive announced tomorrow might be Stubbs the Zombie 2?

So if I'm converting the time right, the Microsoft Gamescom conference is at 1:30 am PST tomorrow morning? Also, has anyone considered that the exclusive announced tomorrow might be Stubbs the Zombie 2?

"Now we're working with a special engine here called Blam: Reloaded, but it's not the only Blam-baked title getting shown today. After we're done showing off Stubbs the Zombie 2: You Only Die Once, we're going to be handing it over to the guys working on Crackdown 3. Bit of a salty-sweet combo, we know, but the proof is in the pudding - buying Crackdown 3 comes with a Day One Beta for Halo Arena LIVE, Microsoft's new free-to-play twitch shooter extravaganza only on Xbox One. Want Stubbs 2? We'll throw in a free demo for Halo 5: Greater Journey, 343's newest venture into Halo's Reclaimer Saga, set for release next fall. Keep an eye out after this and Crackdown 3 for some trailers on both with special guests Frank O'Connor and David Ellis!"

Pffft. Turnips. The real easy money is in art smuggling.

tumblr_mrmmjajdBY1sbg055o1_400.jpg

Fig. A - successful delivery to HiredN00bs' extravagant bell vault.
Bought 80,000 turnips this Sunday. Going for 100k next week.

When is the new Halo 4 map pack going to be available?

TheOddOne

Honestly the only thing that kind of gives me a Halo boner right now is having chief meet up with Chakas GS and revealing Chief has some relation to the Bornsteller Didact.

The explanation for "Last time, you asked me, if it were my choice, would I do it?" in Halo 1 was the greatest thing that was done so far.
When reading the book I kept thinking about this exact same thing. Felt like the story was repeating itself, but in a different time.

When reading the book I kept thinking about this exact same thing. Felt like the story was repeating itself, but in a different time.

Just throwing it out there: even though halo allegedly wiped everyone out, who's to say we can't get "photoreal AI" people as with the Librarian? Just spread it out over the campaign, maybe even add in bonuses like Terminals. Have Chief slowly develop his Promethean powers, if minor. A brief Force Choke thing could be awesome as a gameplay mechanic.

If we're going the Ancestor route with this, I can't wait to see who the Lord of Admirals chooses as a successor. Or even better, bring his essence back and dump him in a mecha. War Sphinx troubling you? LORD OF ADMIRALS GUNDAM DROPKICK FROM FUCKING SLIPSPACE BITCHES

TheOddOne

Just throwing it out there: even though halo allegedly wiped everyone out, who's to say we can't get "photoreal AI" people as with the Librarian? Just spread it out over the campaign, maybe even add in bonuses like Terminals. Have Chief slowly develop his Promethean powers, if minor. A brief Force Choke thing could be awesome as a gameplay mechanic.

If we're going the Ancestor route with this, I can't wait to see who the Lord of Admirals chooses as a successor. Or even better, bring his essence back and dump him in a mecha. War Sphinx troubling you? LORD OF ADMIRALS GUNDAM DROPKICK FROM FUCKING SLIPSPACE BITCHES
Second half of the game turns into Pacific Rim.

pacific-rim.gif

Now, I know this looks awful but - and bear with me here - what if it didn't?

I mean hell, if Forerunner stuff transforms and has altmodes, why not? You could even make a case for it being some gigantic prototype made with UNSC/Promethean tech designed to help with amphibious or off-road excavation on the Greater Ark. Think the Mammoth mission but better. The arm cannon on the right is a beam tower, for a sense of scale.

Nowise10

So this Title Update broke campaign, and everytime I finish or end a campaign mission, it resets my loadouts, and I need to buy back every weapon with the spartan points.

So I guess no more campaign for nowise.

Flipyap

Now, I know this looks awful but - and bear with me here - what if it didn't?
Sorry, but it still would be a thing that takes a dump on everything established about the Forerunner machinery in proper Halos.
...but the funny thing is, it could literally do that! Because this spaceship actually has a butt! For pooping!

Gui_PT

Sorry, but it still would be a thing that takes a dump on everything established about the Forerunner machinery in proper Halos.
...but the funny thing is, it could literally do that! Because this spaceship actually has a butt! For pooping!

You went from seeing faces in armor to butts in spaceships

Who says Halo V is a proper Halo?

agreed. I'd rather just see the Guardian Sentinel and Strato-Sentinel in action.

Flipyap

Who says Halo V is a proper Halo?

agreed. I'd rather just see the Guardian Sentinel and Strato-Sentinel in action.
N-no one? They already went full 343 in H4LO, there's no going back now.
What I meant to say is: you did a really good job predicting what 343 could or will do, it just so happens that it's the exact opposite of what they should do.

Nowise10

Also I guess anyone that plays campaign looses all their loadout items they bought with their spartan points, and it wasn't just me

...So dont play campaign if you dont want to guy buy everything back again and remake your loadouts.

That would be a kind of hilarious Halo fan tagline for Halo 5.

Was talking this over with someone at FUD, but I can't really see them ever improving Halo's NPCs unless they are villains for at least part of the game. Humans won't be interesting to fight, really, compared to stuff the Covenant/Forerunner/Flood can do, but it would be nice to have them be competent allies or even enemies, as long as the latter is in moderation.
Try betraying the Marines and Spartans on board the Infinity on Shutdown. They become enemies, and aim assist is actually on when they do turn. I've dubbed clearing the deck of the Infinity of human life "Human Firefight." The Spartan AI, while simple, is actually a lot more fun to engage than I thought it'd be.

And it's a lot more fun to play against than the Prometheans. 343 unintentionally designed AI that's more fun to fight than the ones they spent years and years iterating on as the new main baddies for Halo. Kind of depressing when you think about it.

Try betraying the Marines and Spartans on board the Infinity on Shutdown. They become enemies, and aim assist is actually on when they do turn. I've dubbed clearing the deck of the Infinity of human life "Human Firefight." The Spartan AI, while simple, is actually a lot more fun to engage than I thought it'd be.

And it's a lot more fun to play against than the Prometheans. 343 unintentionally designed AI that's more fun to fight than the ones they spent years and years iterating on as the new main baddies for Halo. Kind of depressing when you think about it.
You can do this in Halo: CE aboard the Pillar of Autumn

IHaveIce

Banned
Also I guess anyone that plays campaign looses all their loadout items they bought with their spartan points, and it wasn't just me

...So dont play campaign if you dont want to guy buy everything back again and remake your loadouts.

Why would you want to replay Halo 4's campaign.

inbefore why would anybody play Halo4 at all

nillapuddin

Im getting really weird feelings about the constant promotion of the next Halo game, one that assuredly should be 14~ months away.

ODST like reveal incoming

If you are already max rank then surely you are screwed and can never buy them back lol?

Activision? They only do it because of Sony's money.

I always thought it's both, Activision probably thinks Destiny has a good foothold with the Xbox crowd as Xbox owners are familiar with Bungie. So they are trying to get the attention of potential customers who have never played Halo.

Fuchsdh

Yeah I've done that before. Spartans with railguns on Heroic or harder are no laughing matter. But there's still not engaging or tenacious enough for a real campaign encounter.

You can do this in Halo: CE aboard the Pillar of Autumn

At least on the bridge if you kill Keyes or whatnot the resulting reinforcements are invulnerable. The only way to survive is jump down into the navigation pit and hide.

My usual spot for betrayals was to have everyone survive the beach assault on AOTCR, get two gunners in the warthogs and then betray the cluster of people. The Warthog chainguns can take you down really easily so it takes a bit more finesse.

Also somewhat related, I never realized it but my friend was playing through CE and had never before noticed that there's two marines that just jump down and get obliterated by the Flood soon after you arrive in one of the large rooms. I guess because they die in one swipe on harder difficulties. There's basically no way to have them survive with all the infection forms around.

Gotta admit, on my first playthrough Shutdown's opening hangar was way too perfect not to teamkill everyone.

It's my favorite spot to fight the UNSC, with Crow's Nest opening on Legendary being a close second.

EDIT: Oh ferchrissakes...

HaloGAF, I haven't touched Halo 4 in ages but I'm in love with the Prefect armor and have some ideas on what to do with a Ricochet gametype variant. And I have some extra MSP to blow. Is the Champions Bundle worth it?

Top Bottom