• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Nebula

I wonder what Goosing is like with Survivor.

343 going to perks to fix issues with the game just feels like them trying to prove that perks belong in Halo and be a viable option to bring balance to the game.

They should just sort out the Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenades, and try and bring down the number of power weapons in play at the same time.

The thing is, I can't bring myself to pick either of the new packages over stability. Stability is just too necessary.

The two maps in the DLC are nice. The Pit looks pretty faithful, save a lift and drop added to the sword room area (which I'm not sure I like), and Vertigo is smaller than I expected and not really symmetrical at all. It looks gorgeous though.

They said Vertigo was an asymmetrical map when the announced the maps no?

343N

Neo Member
Games whose online facilities and achievements will die July 1, 2014--some of these may no longer be able to be activated at this point and thus will be DEAD DEAD:
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon – Enhanced Edition
Blacklight: Tango Down
Bulletstorm
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
DiRT 2
Dirt 3
F1 2010
F1 2011
Fable III
Fallout 3
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
FUEL
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Iron Brigade
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Lost Planet 2
Microsoft Flight
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Ms. Splosion Man
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Section 8
Section 8: Prejudice
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Republic Heroes
Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter X Tekken
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Virtua Tennis 4

Notice how halo 2 ISN'T on that list? Probably means its being updated and devs have to have said they were doing something internally for it to not appear on that list

Karl2177

Halo 2 isn't on the list because it didn't have achievements to begin with.

Nah, it's got them.

Bem8gp2.png

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
First time playing Legendary Slayer, I like it. Although whatever trueskill there is hasn't evened out. Went 18-8 and lost because my team all went like 6-15.

Been a while since I played 4. I'll get in a solid night tomorrow night too before Saints Row comes in Wednesday.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Random question: anyone know if the Xbox avatars are returning on the Xbox One?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Anyone know exactly when televised/streamed Gamescom stuff kicks off? Hoping to catch events live after my first day of classes.

Obscured

After watching that video of survivor in action (I think Nowise posted that video), I can only imagine being annoyed if I finally got a shot on a Banshee that had been wrecking only to see the pilot eject, but it would be worth it if the pilot ejected to a ludicrous height. There were a few times I hit some weird physics glitches in Halo 3 and Reach, I want that level of ejection.

I finally landed on just skipping this DLC. I've actually been pretty fortunate with the map packs coming up in MM for me, but two maps just don't feel like enough.

People have the Champions DLC already? I'm kinda jealous, I wanna play The Pit with Mark V armor.
Kinda disappointed it isn't covered by the Season Pass tho =\. I bought the LE console and the LE game... already spent a good amount of money on Halo 4.

Not a fan of that vehicle escape perk, but Infinity BTB is already just a bunch of craziness so it will fit right in.
I wish there was just a Slayer Pro playlist because Slayer Pro BTB is pretty fun.

haha yess

Nebula

I went to go play some Halo 4 and try out this survivor perk and my internet is down. Posting from phone.

Not getting this DLC is a no brainer for me.

JDHarbs

Does the Survivor perk even work against power weapons? If its supposed to kick players out before a vehicle is about to explode then what happens with a weapon like a Rocket Launcher that completely bypasses the "about to explode" phase?

If its true and players are still killed by power weapons to vehicles then all Survivor has done is just protected the player against team shooting from the ground which is something I've seen many people complain about since it was implemented in Reach. Sure, your vehicle is now gone, but you aren't guaranteed a death in the process anymore.

I still think Halo 4 is better without it (and a bunch of things too) because its going to negatively effect other aspects of the game (i.e. vehicle vs vehicle combat), but in a way this might be a very small step in the right direction even if we've gotten a few more problems in the process.

Ghazi

Does the Survivor perk even work against power weapons? If its supposed to kick players out before a vehicle is about to explode then what happens with a weapon like a Rocket Launcher that completely bypasses the "about to explode" phase?

If its true and players are still killed by power weapons to vehicles then all Survivor has done is just protected the player against team shooting from the ground which is something I've seen many people complain about since it was implemented in Reach. Sure, your vehicle is now gone, but you aren't guaranteed a death in the process anymore.

I still think Halo 4 is better without it (and a bunch of things too) because its going to negatively effect other aspects of the game (i.e. vehicle vs vehicle combat), but in a way this might be a very small step in the right direction even if we've gotten a few more problems in the process.

Here's NoWise's vid and he was shot by a rcoket: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyLXNtSsmT8&

mo60

According to this video you don't get the vehicle kill if you get killed by a bullet based power weapon. All other power weapons like the rocket launcher, IC ,Sniper Rifle and etc will give you a vehicle kill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3vDLx3-B2E

You don't die when you are using any vehicle with that perk on unless you fall from an extreme height when you get ejected..

We reached out to a representative from Microsoft who told us that “Halo Xbox One” likely isn’t the final name for the game at all. “The final naming convention of the next chapter of the ‘Halo’ franchise that we revealed at E3 is still being considered. There’s no great mystery, it’s simply something still under discussion as we look towards the new generation of Xbox One, its overall branding, and its audience,” they told Forbes.

Booshka

Friends list purges are sometimes healthy, if someone didnt notice you were removed and doesnt add you back, then trim the fat and move on.

Pretty ridiculous if true though, gonna have to go through all the shitty gamertags that are impossible to remember for my Shadowrun, Dark Souls and OG Xbox Live peeps.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So, yall reckon we'll get some good Destiny news tomorrow? A photo of a Destiny / PS4 banner leaked from Gamescom already, so they're going to have some kind of presence.

ixptICQBDDEPc.gif

Chill, yo.
I love this gif.

Kibbles

Anybody think we'll get anything new on Halo 5 during Gamescom? ViDoc maybe?

It's really the only thing that can get me excited for Xbox one

Fotos

Caved and picked up Saints Row 4 along with Blacklist tonight. Having played the entire Saints Row series, I felt like I had to buy 4.

Top Bottom