• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

nillapuddin

343 put up some press shots for Champions DLC, mostly concept and full renders of new armor

threw it up on imgur incase anybody wanted to check it out

ntsN6FAl.jpg

Flipyap

EDIT: Oh ferchrissakes...

HaloGAF, I haven't touched Halo 4 in ages but I'm in love with the Prefect armor and have some ideas on what to do with a Ricochet gametype variant. And I have some extra MSP to blow. Is the Champions Bundle worth it?
Do you have some kind of misguided nostalgia for One Must Fall?

Madness

But even if you read like the Bungie mailsack or breaking in, you get the feeling they are heavily leaning for PS4.

All the devs were once asked, what games are they excited to play for next gen. Almost all were saying things like Infamous Second Son, Knack, Killzone, things like Kingdom Hearts 3, while a few did say Battlefield etc.

I just think they have a sour taste in their mouth because of MS and want to fully embrace Sony and their fans because they really need to show them why Bungie is a great studio.

Who knows, maybe they're hedging bets, I mean look how many Halo and Xbox fans are going ps4 next gen. Even the 180 on drm, online isn't bringing them back. Could be for nothing and we see them talk about exclusive Xbone content later near release. Plus they did say something about how their Halo fans might be rewarded.

Fracas

#fuckonami
But even if you read like the Bungie mailsack or breaking in, you get the feeling they are heavily leaning for PS4.

All the devs were once asked, what games are they excited to play for next gen. Almost all were saying things like Infamous Second Son, Knack, Killzone, things like Kingdom Hearts 3, while a few did say Battlefield etc.

I just think they have a sour taste in their mouth because of MS and want to fully embrace Sony and their fans because they really need to show them why Bungie is a great studio.

Who knows, maybe they're hedging bets, I mean look how many Halo and Xbox fans are going ps4 next gen. Even the 180 on drm, online isn't bringing them back. Could be for nothing and we see them talk about exclusive Xbone content later near release. Plus they did say something about how their Halo fans might be rewarded.
I'd like to think this, but that's not the way the industry works, most of the time. Money buys loyalty and third party exclusives.

Madness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyLXNtSsmT8&

So here is the survivor package. First game of the day and first time using it and within 5 minutes, I knew how terrible it was. The guy shot me with a rocket, and I would have died, but nope, a perk allowed me to live, in which I then killed the guy who shot me.

That's just pathetic. I can see why they developed it though, to give something to the fans that still play and like this perk and ordnancw/loadout system, but it just shows what Halo has become. Waste all your ammo trying to destroy vehicles and even then, the player inside doesn't die.

mo60

That's just pathetic. I can see why they developed it though, to give something to the fans that still play and like this perk and ordnancw/loadout system, but it just shows what Halo has become. Waste all your ammo trying to destroy vehicles and even then, the player inside doesn't die.

The player can still die if you aim directly at the player and not the vehicle.Also I have watched other videos were people were getting vehicle kills still even though the person was ejected from their vehicle.I don't like the ejecting part either.

That's an awesome GIF. I always remembered that line from the movie, but I don't recall ever seeing a GIF for it.

You know what else would make a great GIF? Bob Barker throwing his club saying "This guy sucks!" from Happy Gilmore.

Ghazi

The player can still die if you aim directly at the player and not the vehicle.Also I have watched other videos were people were getting vehicle kills still even though the person was ejected from their vehicle.I don't like the ejecting part either.

How the fuck do you "aim directly at the player" if they're in power vehicles like the Mantis or the Banshee?

That's an awesome GIF. I always remembered that line from the movie, but I don't recall ever seeing a GIF for it.

You know else what would make a great GIF? Bob Barker throwing his club saying "This guy sucks!" from Happy Gilmore.

I used that exact same gif in response to a Frankie post a couple months back!!!!!

mo60

How the fuck do you "aim directly at the player" if they're in power vehicles like the Mantis or the Banshee?

I used that exact same gif in response to a Frankie post a couple months back!!!!!

I meant for the vehicles were you can aim directly at the person in the vehicle like the warthog. I don't like this mod that much either.It does not work 100% of the time anyway.

mo60

But it does work. Nowise got it in one game.

I saw a youtube video were someone got a vehicle kill when someone was in a mongoose.I wish I can play around with this perk.Also a part of your shield will drain when you get ejected from the vehicle.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So, I just played a game of BTB. A teammate and I wasted our clips destroying a guy's ghost, then he just pops out and runs away. Then another Ghost runs us over.

:/

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
S7zM6Hi.gif

but not really

Maybe they want to add all of these wacky perks because after Halo 4 there won't be doing them again. They just want to give perks one final hurrah, yeah that must be it.

mo60

343 INDUSTRIES BE LIKE

"WHAT IF WE COULD TURN VEHICLES INTO ARMOR LOCK... BUT WHILE MOVING?"

I think pre Reach TU armor lock is worse than this.I don't get the comparison between both anyway.Survivor does not make you completely invincible while pre Reach TU armor lock grants you invincibility until it runs out.

Omni

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyLXNtSsmT8&

So here is the survivor package. First game of the day and first time using it and within 5 minutes, I knew how terrible it was. The guy shot me with a rocket, and I would have died, but nope, a perk allowed me to live, in which I then killed the guy who shot me.
Dean-zoom-1.gif

As if it wasn't apparent enough before, but Halo truly is dead. RIP in peace.

what is the thought process in introducing shit like this? I just don't get it. Just WHY

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The thing is, I can't bring myself to pick either of the new packages over stability. Stability is just too necessary.

The two maps in the DLC are nice. The Pit looks pretty faithful, save a lift and drop added to the sword room area (which I'm not sure I like), and Vertigo is smaller than I expected and not really symmetrical at all. It looks gorgeous though.

Top Bottom