• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fuchsdh

No, those were so out of place and stupid in reach.

Well, canonically they would have made more sense in Halo 4.

It's pretty clear a lot of people like progression systems that give you cosmetic stuff, so why not cater to those players? Competitive types can ignore it. Besides, I think most people here would rather have unlocks be purely cosmetic than gameplay-altering, so a larger bevy of stuff seems like a good fit. I think the progression system itself should probably take the best parts of Reach's Armory and Halo 4's level unlocks and combine them.

Gui_PT

wS6XLQ8.gif

Fuchsdh

Jesus. I've never played a Killzone game but that feature set alone (not to mention all classes unlocked from the beginning) is making me reconsider.

Just wait until you play them. They are the epitome of everything wrong with this gen's shooters.

nillapuddin

What do you think of the new Halo logo?

http://gamehdwall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Halo-Xbox-One-Wallpaper.jpg

I prefer the blue one like halo 4.

yeah I am actually working on a project right now, and I have assembled all the different title logos for the Halo games I own, Reach really started the change, then 343 tweaked that a little for the logo going forward

F81C9xPl.jpg

I know the order is not correct, its the order I finished them in
kerning on the word "reach" looks off

J10

Banned
Piss filter aside, the Pit remake looks pretty good in motion. I bet it's a ton of fun to play on sans AAs.

Second half of the game turns into Pacific Rim.

pacific-rim.gif

Elbow rocket!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyLXNtSsmT8&

So here is the survivor package. First game of the day and first time using it and within 5 minutes, I knew how terrible it was. The guy shot me with a rocket, and I would have died, but nope, a perk allowed me to live, in which I then killed the guy who shot me.

Wow. Wtf 343. =/

Oh, interesting. We know there will be even more with the toys this fall.

All these new skins and we still don't have an Orbital variant without the skull.

I know, too bad since that helmet looks great without it.

Someone forget the change the target poster to the new Grunt design?

:lol wtf

At least its the superior design.

did you just quote your own tweet master race

Wow, they didn't say anything about this before launch of the DLC.

Can someone explain Ricochet to me? It looks really dumb. Like Grifball but with walls and AA's and no instant respawn.

Seems super easy to get it into the area for a split second, shouldn't they have an arm time and just call it assault?

Fuchsdh

Yep, Ricochet is a lot of fun, the Pit is the Pit, and Vertigo works really well for extraction. The zappers felt like they had their use and weren't obnoxious, here's to hoping there's more interactive maps in Halo's future again.

Blasted through the achievements with a crew from HBO, glad they're out of the way.

Can someone explain Ricochet to me? It looks really dumb. Like Grifball but with walls and AA's and no instant respawn.

Seems super easy to get it into the area for a split second, shouldn't they have an arm time and just call it assault?

It's a faster-paced Assault or Flag. You can play it "straight" and walk it in or you can throw it into the goal or to your allies. Basically assault if you could throw the ball. It's a blast, especially with good teams.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

It's not easy at all unless you're playing a bad team, especially on the Pit. You can score by running the ball into the zone or throwing it in (50pts for a run, 20 for a throw). You basically try to get the ball into the other team's goal. It feels different from assault. Faster.

belushy

Banned
I have no intention of buying this pack, but Ricochet did look very fun from the videos Beyond posted and were streaming earlier. Competitive? Maybe at a high level but it seems pretty easy to pub stomp on it in matchmaking.

Fuchsdh

I have no intention of buying this pack, but Ricochet did look very fun from the videos Beyond posted and were streaming earlier. Competitive? Maybe at a high level but it seems pretty easy to pub stomp on it in matchmaking.

Well, you can say that about basically any gametype.

It's coming to general matchmaking as it should in a few weeks though so you don't have to buy it. Not sure what maps it will work really well on though... Skyline, maybe, although the throws would seem really easy.

I dunno dudes, sounds really easy to get a win. Are good teams even still playing Halo 4? I heard all the good players left to games that have money on the line.

belushy

Banned
I thought Ricochet was getting its own playlist?

If I'm not mistaken they will add the playlist in like two weeks, or something like that. That is when it goes public for everyone and not just the Champions Bundle buyers(at least i think that is what I read a while back).

Top Bottom