• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

HrX62Uy.jpg

Someone forget the change the target poster to the new Grunt design?

wwm0nkey

Why did they waste The Pit on Halo 4 again?

Sigh

Whats worse is people buying the DLC for the Pit. I just really can not see that map working with Halo 4 at all. If the Halo CEA map pack made me learn anything its that maps from other games usually don't work out well in games they were not made for.

I mean by all means people should spend their money on what they want to but I've seen a lot of "buying for the pit!" kind of comments.

Madness

People thought Microsoft was shafting Europe. For a limited time (while stock lasts), all Xbox One pre-orders in Europe will come with a free download for FIFA 14. Just let that sink in. The third most played game series on XBL right now, and one that is selling millions each year, in soccer mad Europe, it comes free with the launch system if you pre-order.

The pre-orders must've been really bad compared to PS4, not to mention the fact that a lot of countries have to wait till 2014, but I'm sure peeps in UK, Germany, France, Spain are ecstatic etc.

400992_lalt.jpg

belushy

Banned
Now that is actually pretty cool. Spark continues to be the most interesting thing Microsoft has right now (for me anyways)

Also semi-feel like this deserves its own thread?

Yeah I think it does. I can't though because I'm a Junior. Here is the link if you want to make it yourself.

New community montage : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyzF_p061xE&feature=youtu.be

Voice/Motion announcement : http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/gamescom-project-spark

edit: Oh and the beta for Windows 8 starts "End of October 2013" and "January 2014 for Xbox One"

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyLXNtSsmT8&

So here is the survivor package. First game of the day and first time using it and within 5 minutes, I knew how terrible it was. The guy shot me with a rocket, and I would have died, but nope, a perk allowed me to live, in which I then killed the guy who shot me.

Its hard to say it but Halo is a complete joke now. It has almost none of its original positive traits left and a whole load of new negative traits.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Complete joke? Nah. Its still a very solid multiplayer shooter. Has it strayed from core Halo? Yes.

Whether you love or hate it as a Halo game, it's still solid and well-made overall.

I weep for the kids that are experiencing Halo 4 as their first Halo game. Sure, there's nowhere to go but up when introducing them to previous games, but they're just going to expect more of the same and Halo 4 is a really bad precedent to set in terms of expectations.

Fuchsdh

I weep for the kids that are experiencing Halo 4 as their first Halo game. Sure, there's nowhere to go but up when introducing them to previous games, but they're just going to expect more of the same and Halo 4 is a really bad precedent to set in terms of expectations.
Or you can just appreciate that some people like different things and get enjoyment out of the game. Halo 4 is not The Phantom Menace, thinking it's good does not mean you lack basic taste.

Omni

Or you can just appreciate that some people like different things and get enjoyment out of the game. Halo 4 is not The Phantom Menace, thinking it's good does not mean you lack basic taste.
Why not?

I'm sure we could find some parallels between the two if we really tried.
ha!

Gah. My laptop has died... And now I can't use Internet connection sharing to connect my Xbox to Live. Feels bad. Hopefully I can sort something out by the time GTAV comes out... (still rocking an old arcade 360 without built in wifi...). Eh

This is one thing I continually shake my head at here. People act as if H4 is the worst game on the xbox.

daedalius

No friends on xbox.com, console, or phone!?

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE!?

Q2zYD.gif

Edit: console's working now.

Sorry bro, was out of town and now my house is taken apart.

Will buy the new dlc once shit is in order.

So many new projects coming up after gencon (oh shadowrun)

Even if you ignore previous instalments halo 4 is a bad game. I'm I the iPad so I won't write a big explanation why but it does very little right for a multiplayer title.

mo60

Complete joke? Nah. Its still a very solid multiplayer shooter. Has it strayed from core Halo? Yes.

Whether you love or hate it as a Halo game, it's still solid and well-made overall.
I agree with you.They just need to fix some of the problems with halo 4 in halo 5.Halo 4 is a pretty good game even with it's issues.

Gordon

No, Reach was the Phantom Menace. Halo 4 is Attack of the Clones. If the trend continues, the first half of Halo 5 should be boring half-whispered talking, and then decent from scene 44 on.

Top Bottom