• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Tunavi

Banned
highertashi.jpg
and I will always love you

Nebula

Tashi, are you working on/testing Ricochet specific maps? Like the maps were designed to be played with Ricochet?

Sounds good. I might have to plug in my Xbox again if that's the case.

#HiresomebodytoshutupNowise

Requirements:
- Must have worked on at least 3 AAA+ console titles.
- Must have touched Gui's wee wee for a second (Two to five seconds is preferable.)
- Have a doctorate in something from somewhere (Note: Heckfu’s beard school is not a legitimate school.)
- Must post weekly that you are quitting Halo. Come back and do it all again.
- Declare that season 8 of That 70’s Show is an abomination and shall forever be damned to the depths of hell, with Hades riding it’s corpse on the river of styx.
- Above all, have an extensive love for ponies, magic rainbows, Spongebob and of course peanut butter.

does project murderminers and halomen: second class count as a AAAA

LK2MoKS.png

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tashi, are you working on/testing Ricochet specific maps? Like the maps were designed to be played with Ricochet?

Sounds good. I might have to plug in my Xbox again if that's the case.

Yes. It's for a Ricochet specific playlist. The gametype is the normal MM one so there won't be anything crazy.

Some maps were made specifically for the playlist while many others were old maps made Ricochet compatible. Some work, some don't, some are great, most are not. Just like with anything else haha

Madness

The DLC requirement for Team Slayer is removed. What was the pop. effect when they turned it on?

LOL, it went from like close to Big Team Battle in that it was easily pulling in like 5-6k to like barely 600 people. I was wondering why Team Slayer nosedived. Seems like it was the mandatory DLC requirement. I wonder how this will affect making DLC mandatory in the future.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn Frank I didn't know you were gonna be in NY for NYCC. I would have bought a pass for tomorrow to come say whats up.

Considering how much 343 can't do due to bandwidth, it's a great thing we've made leaps and bounds in terms of technical limitations with Xbox One's cloud setup! These newfangled advancements mean we won't be running into problems like this in the future and it definitely means 343's not pouring more research into these problems because they're too busy making sure Halo 5 is a good game, right?

Right?

PNut

Banned
The DLC requirement for Team Slayer is removed. What was the pop. effect when they turned it on?

It went from 4,000 to like 600. The DLC maps suck anyway so no surprise there. Every forge map is better anyway.

Legendary BR's on maps like Simplex, Onyx, Haven, Shutdown, Opus and even Adrift are actually fun to play.

zap

Wait, Halo 3 won't have a playlist update?

Can someone please explain how changing around some playlists is so much of an effort?

blamite

Seeing Halo 3 described as "the precursor to Halo 4" made me barf

I'm not going to say I told you so, but it was 100% clear Nelson was full of shit.

edit: they've put Mythic 2 on sale for 5$, according to their FAQ.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst228208_Halo-3-FAQ.aspx?g=posts&t=228208&

This is just about the goofiest FAQ I have ever read.

Omni

I can't wait until Halo 3 becomes free. I mean sure, they aren't updating playlists... But it's been too damn long since someone has called me "dirty Colonel trash". I've almost forgotten what it's like.

TEMPTED TO BUY MYTHIC 2

so i'll never have to choose between campaign and mythic disc ever again

for a game that came out in 2007

i don't even have XBL gold anymore

I can't wait until Halo 3 becomes free. I mean sure, they aren't updating playlists... But it's been too damn long since someone has called me "dirty Colonel trash". I've almost forgotten what it's like.

i thought they said they were adding some playlist when it goes free or am i crazy?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
No Halo 3 update is disappointing.

Looking forward to that PS4 launch tho.

FyreWulff

Also saw no mention of a DLC requirement when they were talking about the rotational Oddball playlist, so it looks like the rotational playlists should fare better now.

Top Bottom