• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

GrizzNKev

Banned
boUvptt.gif

Sergeant Johnson: We have enough to worry about without you two trying to kill each other.
Arbiter: Were it so easy.

Tap into this 343. The Arbiter is one of the greatest characters in Halo; I'd be devastated if he wasn't in the next game.

Devastated.

Make sure your Gold is not currently active and you should/might get the 1 month free if you use this link.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Subscriptions?Campaign=gff-live-welcome-offer

Might be US only or fresh accounts only, but I can confirm it works.
This promotional offer is not available

Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers.
Damn, was just going to max out my Gold then and renew for another 3 years. :(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So I'll be posting the Halo 3 gone free thread tomorrow night. Post stuff here that you want me to include.

Also don't forget that this Saturday is Halo 3 Customs

Booties

Banned
So I'll be posting the Halo 3 gone free thread tomorrow night. Post stuff here that you want me to include.

Don't forget dax's request. Can't miss out on her whacky adventures from 6 years ago.

Madness

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17274753&postcount=106164

Joking aside, maybe put a list of streams url up for those who will stream them playing, maybe list people's gamertags so that anyone who reads the thread can message and join up. Try and recapture the community of HaloGAF, have one large send off for the game as people move onto next gen.

heckfu

Banned
Booties and I are having so much fun on Halo 3. If we could just get Kyle and Juices and, hell, everyone back on it would be amazing.

Booties

Banned
Booties and I are having so much fun on Halo 3. If we could just get Kyle and Juices and, hell, everyone back on it would be amazing.

Yeah we gotta put together some death squads so we can shake off the dust together and wape as a cohesive unit once more.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah we gotta put together some death squads so we can shake off the dust together and wape as a cohesive unit once more.
A death squad with heckfu?
Sure then you could also add franklinator and me if this level of skill is enough for a death squad.

No hate only love.

Will return to Halo 3 tommorrow, I liked it, but will not pretend that it was perfect.

FyreWulff

As far as this comment, let's remember we're playing a game and people don't have the memories of a goldfish. After you shoot a weapon a few times, you know what it does. A Rocket doesn't have to be gigantic just like a skill-based precision weapon that has the potential to kill fast doesn't have to be a rifle.

Stop treating your fanbase like idiots.

Having good silhouettes and role communication isn't treating your playerbase like idiots, it's just good game design. It allows you to more quickly ID what a person has or their role is at the reflex level instead of having to take multiple seconds to figure out what they are.

A rocket doesn't have to be gigantic, no, but if your rocket launcher looks like an AR, people are going to end up frustrated when they thought they were ambushing someone with an automatic and instantly blow up. The gun design themselves also play into their balance; using the laser also means you have to walk around with a claustrophobic view of the action.

4fHK3Yjl.jpg

You pick this weapon up? You know it's powerful. People seeing you carry it know it's powerful. And to top it off, that size means you lose visibility, playing into the balance of the weapon.

And after a bit of playing, you process this information at the reflex level, due to the visual design.

Fotos

So one of my good friends cousins tested Halo 5's multiplayer. Apparently it's significantly better than 4's. But who knows, 343 might scrap it again and replace it with Infinity.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So one of my good friends cousins tested Halo 5's multiplayer. Apparently it's significantly better than 4's. But who knows, 343 might scrap it again and replace it with Infinity.

My brother's friend's dad played it too, but he thought it was terrible.

Except that i'm actually being serious.

I'll ask him about the details later. I'll post what he says.

But is your good friends cousin being serious? :p Also, anyone playing it for the first few times is going to love it because of that newness feeling. If he tests it for more than a month, and still holds that opinion, it'll carry much more weight.

This is skepti-GAF, but thanks, i'm definitely interesting in hearing about it regardless!

Tawpgun

My uncles friends sons father in law works at bungie and he says Halo 5 is super cool and the BXR is back and so is the halo 1 pistol

But for real. Domino, spill the beans!

Tawpgun

Halo 2 gondolas were not a great part of the game (particularly the Library shaft ascent) so I find it curious they replicated it.

Combat wise they weren't that good.

But what I remember most for them was they gave me a huge sense of scale. Better than Halo 4 ever did.

When that hugeass door opens up in the Library Gondola, seeing enemies hundreds of yards away. Good shit. Forerunner environments should be large and imposing.

So in the 8 Xbox One myths thread in gaming, OXM says 343 has two projects in the works. I've seen this stated multiple times now on different websites as well as by many people outside this thread. Where are people getting the two team thing? I haven't seen it discussed here so I'm wondering why everyone outside of this thread keeps saying 343 has two teams/two projects. I find it hard to believe considering how much of Halo 4 was outsourced.

Combat wise they weren't that good.

But what I remember most for them was they gave me a huge sense of scale. Better than Halo 4 ever did.

When that hugeass door opens up in the Library Gondola, seeing enemies hundreds of yards away. Good shit. Forerunner environments should be large and imposing.

Talking about scale this was the defining moment from any of the Halo campaigns for me, and the first time I said WOW this current gen.

Newt

Talking about scale this was the defining moment from any of the Halo campaigns for me, and the first time I said WOW this current gen.

I remember the music was so epic during that moment. I can't seem to remember the name of that specific track though :(.

Top Bottom