• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

nillapuddin

After trying to work my brain around this whole post launch Maps discussion for a couple days, I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that they have to be Free, for Halo's sake.

So we are screwed.

Cause it wont happen.

The best we could hope for is, free maps and Tons of micro-transactions

Damnit game industry, why do you do this to us?

Zoolader

Hell you could just do that live for $1 deal they do all the time too when H3 starts back up.

Please fill me in on this $1 deal I've never heard of it. Do I pay $1 for 24/hr access to live or something? And is this something that limits what playlists I can play in like the free 14 day passes?

Please fill me in on this $1 deal I've never heard of it. Do I pay $1 for 24/hr access to live or something? And is this something that limits what playlists I can play in like the free 14 day passes?

For Silver members there is usually an advertisement on the Dashboard for 1 month of Gold for $1.

Duji

Play me 1v1 in Halo CE and we'll fix that programming.

But back to FUNKOWN's post, I personally don't want a weapon like the pistol in a Halo game unless the game had a skill curve that could hold it. Dumping the CE pistol into a game like Halo 2 or 3 would be a disaster; it would become the all-powerful killing machine that ignoramuses currently think it was in CE. The reason the CE pistol worked was because of the entire weapon sandbox and player movement; it simply wouldn't work in any of the "modern" Halo games.

People need to understand this and stop using straw man arguments.

Madness

The pistol is just a 'skin'... You can have literally the same attributes of the H1 pistol but use a rifle like the DMR instead. Single shot, reduce scope to 2x, no bloom, works best as a utility weapon.

Would have its own role in the sandbox. Want to shred close range, use an assault rifle, plasma rifle. Long range, you have the sniper rifles.

Zoolader

For Silver members there is usually an advertisement on the Dashboard for 1 month of Gold for $1.

Thanks for the fast responses this sounds like a good deal. Are these links suppose to be ongoing deals atm? After signing in I get this message

"This promotional offer is not available

Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers."

The pistol is just a 'skin'... You can have literally the same attributes of the H1 pistol but use a rifle like the DMR instead. Single shot, reduce scope to 2x, no bloom, works best as a utility weapon.

Would have its own role in the sandbox. Want to shred close range, use an assault rifle, plasma rifle. Long range, you have the sniper rifles.
Precisely, and BigShow has constantly reiterated that what makes the pistol fun and competitive is its function within the context of the CE sandbox. The Reach pistol being a three shot in Reach with Shiska's tweaked settings was nothing like playing with the pistol in CE. It's also been constantly re-iterated–you can have a fast minimum kill time if you make it sufficiently difficult to achieve and give players the means to avoid it with quick movement and low to zero momentum.

wwm0nkey

Thanks for the fast responses this sounds like a good deal. Are these links suppose to be ongoing deals atm? After signing in I get this message

Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers."
Are you a silver now? If not you have to wait and be silver.

Also I'm 20 hours into X, prepare for a great (and somewhat dark) game!

Zoolader

Are you a silver now? If not you have to wait and be silver.

Also I'm 20 hours into X, prepare for a great (and somewhat dark) game!

It says at the top of the xbox live webpage I'm a free member, whatever that means. I did use a 14-day gold trial code, but I thought that was over a month/months ago. I guess I could just make another account and do it that way. Just a thought but do I have to add a credit card to my account again to be a silver member?

I'm gonna have a drink or two more before I open the wrapper and dig in. It's my first pokemon game since Red so I'm pretty stoked.

wwm0nkey

It says at the top of the xbox live webpage I'm a free member, whatever that means. I did use a 14-day gold trial code, but I thought that was over a month/months ago. I guess I could just make another account and do it that way.

I'm gonna have a drink or two more before I open the wrapper and dig in. It's my first pokemon game since Red so I'm pretty stoked.
Hmm that might effect it? Just wait till an add pops up on the dash if web links don't work. Some times it pops up as an offer when launching some apps.

Also you are going to have a blast then. If you want to play competitive remember to EV train, which is easy to do now, just look up a guide and see what the best nature is for your Pokemon and what to train it in.

Ghazi

Don't do it repetitively btw, people are apparently getting banned for taking advantage of it for more than one month.

Defect

Try this free one month link. US and Uk only.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Subscriptions?Campaign=gff-live-welcome-offer&cid=gff-live-welcome-offer&ru=https%3a%2f%2flive.xbox.com%2fen-US%2fCampaign%2fgff-live-welcome-offer%2fBillingInformation&aru=https%3a%2f%2flive.xbox.com%2fen-US%2fCampaign%2fgff-live-welcome-offer%2fBillingInformation

Don't do it repetitively btw, people are apparently getting banned for taking advantage of it for more than one month.

No, he can use these whenever he runs out of Live.

Opening 6 tabs and accepting the offers to stack 6 months is bad.

Zoolader

Holy shit I'm sweating I was trying to add my paypal and complete it so fast! THANK YOU! Just got a month for FREE! Thank you based Halogaf I was able to buy the new pokemon game and get xboxlive!

Haven't you mapped the entire planet by now?
cartographer.jpg

Pretty much, now I'm just working towards my mustache certification.

Sweet that free month worked. Careful though it turned my auto-renewal back on. Turn it right back to Off.

Fuchsdh

Speaking of competitive, just finished up a chat with Walshy. Man had some great stories and some good stuff to say about eSports and Halo.

Fuchsdh

NDA good or something we can be in on?

Also USA mods had a full part so only got 2 quick games in for Play Date Oddlball :( Fuck US host though, so crap and I can't wait for dedis.

'Tis for the book. No real ETA on release, although we're trying to hurry the hell up and get it to people. We might also be publishing the audio for the interviews of some people as well.

Madness

Halo 3 <3

So Halo 3 should beat out Halo 4 in the next chart... how long will the population boost last?

Without playlist consolidation and the DLC going free, I'd say not very long. Maybe you'd see decent numbers for the next 2 weeks or so, but that's about it. Especially with the next gen consoles out in a few weeks too.

Top Bottom