• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Banksy did some familiar street art, strangely enough.

BY41qCuCcAAnmi-.jpg:large

UC2A0uQ.png

That or Ash got a hold of some Link Between Worlds powerups.

FyreWulff

They should've allowed Microsoft to outsource it. Honestly, that's some crazy news to hear and makes me think less of Bungie. Just think about all they did to make Halo more casual-friendly while drastically diminishing the meta game over the years.

You have to think of it from their perspective. Halo 2 was going to make or break them. It seems common sense now, but they had only shipped a single console title before. If they screwed up Halo 2's development or didn't have control over what they put out and a version of a game came out that wasn't to their quality bar, they would have easily been shuttered. They more than likely also figured if people wanted to play Halo 1 online, they were already going to buy Halo PC.

Just don't talk about women's reproductive rights.
You mean abortion. Why don't we go after every developer for their views on abortion? Does CliffyB support snuffing out third-trimester fetuses? Does David Jaffe want to ban birth control? Or maybe composers. Does John Williams hold grotesque images in picket lines of botched abortions? Did Hans Zimmer drive his mistress to a clinic?

For fuck's sake.

Yes, I know he put himself out there on Twitter. There are reasoned arguments on both sides and many important, conflicting issues. There's no consensus on abortion, and shaming Marty here isn't going to change his mind.

GrizzNKev

Banned
You mean abortion. Why don't we go after every developer for their views on abortion? Does CliffyB support snuffing out third-trimester fetuses? Does David Jaffe want to ban birth control? Or maybe composers. Does John Williams hold grotesque images in picket lines of botched abortions? Did Hans Zimmer drive his mistress to a clinic?

For fuck's sake.

Yes, I know he put himself out there on Twitter. There are reasoned arguments on both sides and many important, conflicting issues. There's no consensus on abortion, and shaming Marty here isn't going to change his mind.

Yeah, ultimately, if I were to work with him, which is a dream of mine, I wouldn't give a shit what political alignment he has. He has his job because he is the best at what he does, and that is why I respect and look up to him. The rest doesn't matter. He has bigger things to contribute than opinions.

Omni

And to think that I thought that these threads have pretty much come full circle in terms or discussion, multiple times. Never seen talk of Marty's personal views on [abortion?] however. *shrugs*

I feel as if I miss out sometimes by not having twitter.

For fuck's sake.

Yeah, God forbid that people have a different opinion than what most of GAF has to say.

In case anyone is wondering, he's a staunch conservative. I agree with some stuff he says, and disagree with just as much.

Halo.

Fuchsdh

For fuck's sake.

Well the world was a much better place before everyone was on Twitter. You're right, I don't care about Marty's political beliefs, much like I don't care about Orson Scott Card's issues with gays, or if Wagner was Jewish or antisemetic or both. If their work is good I'll enjoy it for what it is. Difference was back before the Internet it was a lot easier to ignore those aspects of an author as well.

gAg CruSh3r

Forward Unto Dawn's latest content is an interview with Forgers Petetheduck and Nillapuddin on the past, present, and future of the Forge map editor. Go read!

I <3 Forge.

Edit: The only thing I would wish for is a better lighting system for your maps. So you can set what time of the day you want. Great times would be morning (The sun is out and bright and gives some good shadows), noon (The sun is right about the players map), dusk ( where you see the sun set and your map has a orange tint to it), and night (The map is pretty dark and all you have is moon/s light in the map and you can see the stars and galaxy's pretty well). This is what I want. :)...

daedalius

For fuck's sake.

Some of that stuff is best kept to yourself.

Quite a dustup over in gaming side over this new 720p PS4 ghosts stuff. MELTDOWNS!

CyReN

TheOddOne

STOP PLAYING CONSOLES

START PLAYING GAMES

NERDS
BUT THE [INSERT ILLOGICAL STATEMENT], THAT IS WHY [INSERT MORE ILLOGICAL DINGLINGDONG] AND WILL LEAD TO [ELZAR'S PEE PEE].

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, PLYWOOD. WHY WON'T YOU UNDERSTAND [SOMETHING SOMETHING ACHORMAN 2 IS COMING OUT].

Booshka

STOP PLAYING CONSOLES

START PLAYING GAMES

NERDS

Souls games are the only games left on Consoles at this point.

Watching the Giantbomb Quick Look of Killzone Shadow Fall while playing Demon's Souls was a hilarious juxtaposition. Generic, mass market garbage compared to something that actually respects my skill and interest, a game not afraid to be obtuse, confusing, or challenge me.

So, Tawpgun, IHaveIce, Heckfu (?), and Dax have all been unbanned.

Where's Kyle? He needs to be raised from the grave as badly as Halo does.

^ So it's possible to have Spartan Assault listed on my account 4 times. Spartan Assault PC, Mobile, Xbox 360, Xbox One. Lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I know most of you guys don't care about the books/show/whatever and only want game news, but there is a bit more to the Halo universe than just the games and 343 seems to really put the rest of it on the backburner. Obviously that's the right decision, but it's a bit frustrating to me sometimes.

There will definitely be more books. Dun worry.

This PS4 launch is pretty underwhelming and doesn't have any legs.. RIP Knack.

Microsoft could really blow the competition away if they started tapping into Rare's IP's.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I still have Primordium to get to but I just started A Feast For Crows last night. That book is a million pages long so it's gonna be a while lol

Fracas

#fuckonami

Microsoft could really blow the competition away if they started tapping into Rare's IP's.

Neither console launch lineups are particularly appealing to me, but I'm fine with laying down $400 for 1080p60fps versions of games. Infamous/Destiny/Driveclub are enough to get me in at launch, too.

However, the issues that some people who already have the console are experiencing concern me greatly.

wwm0nkey

Neither console launch lineups are particularly appealing to me, but I'm fine with laying down $400 for 1080p60fps versions of games. Infamous/Destiny/Driveclub are enough to get me in at launch, too.

However, the issues that some people who already have the console are experiencing concern me greatly.

Only issue I am seeing is the wobble issue thats not actually an issue?

God, is there a more inefficient developer than Infinity
Slayer
Ward?

inb4 343
Color me blue and call me interested. I wish I was more interested in Destiny than I currently was, but I don't know, I like the concept and everything, but I'm just not super hyped for it

I would probably say that the One has the better launch lineup by far.

Top Bottom