• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Obscured

I would very much like the Halo Steam rumors to become truth.

So, does this mean there isn't an OT community thread anymore? I am confused.

Obscured

This is the new OT. We had to kill OT 17 sadly :(... Sorry Odd one

Sorry, I was meaning OT as in Off Topic, that HolaGaf thread. I was just wondering if I should be looking for another thread to keep up on.

Yeah, I saw the sad demise of OT 17, I didn't think it was that bad of a thread.

Bitch get on now!....
Thats what I would have said if I was in a mad mood but can you get on in a few please? I have to get my stuff set up.
Lets plays some BTB or Action sack to play some mini slayer.

Edit: my GT is my NeoGAF name.

4 Exterminations in a row? Don't mind if I do.

iz6oHUrRjssde.gif

cluto

Sorry, I was meaning OT as in Off Topic, that HolaGaf thread. I was just wondering if I should be looking for another thread to keep up on.

Yeah, I saw the sad demise of OT 17, I didn't think it was that bad of a thread.

As an outsider, this whole multiple thread thing is so convoluted now. The Halo/Off-topic split made sense, but now there's three different HaloGAF threads that are being posted in, and each one has both Halo and off-topic discussions. The Halo 4 Turbo thread should be locked and there should be a harder line between Halo and non-Halo talk. Now that Ghaleon's a mod, he can keep this shit in control -- I feel like the main reason he was promoted was to keep HaloGAF in line, seeing as how there were supposedly a bunch of complaints. But, whatever.

Blueblur1

Nah, users are made mods for being level-headed and consistently adding to or guiding discussions. They aren't made mods to only watch over a particular group of people. That would be a little silly.

At the end of the Halo xbox one trailer did i hear monks?! or am i reaching?

Prepare for disappointment. :(

I have a bunch of experience messing with audio and I can safely say that distorting piano noises in any way, shape or form (like the washed out "plinks" you hear near the end of the trailer) can produce some almost chorusy-sounding effects. More than likely it's just a bunch of reverb from the piano causing the harmonics to come out more organic-sounding than usual.

EDIT: Uploaded a little example to prove it.

Madness

As an outsider, this whole multiple thread thing is so convoluted now. The Halo/Off-topic split made sense, but now there's three different HaloGAF threads that are being posted in, and each one has both Halo and off-topic discussions. The Halo 4 Turbo thread should be locked and there should be a harder line between Halo and non-Halo talk. Now that Ghaleon's a mod, he can keep this shit in control -- I feel like the main reason he was promoted was to keep HaloGAF in line, seeing as how there were supposedly a bunch of complaints. But, whatever.

Well this is the main Halo thread. All talk about Halo, gaming, dedicated servers, HaloGAF, whatever should be mainly here. Halo 4 talk specifically should be for the Halo 4 specific thread. That HaloGAF off topic thread should just be closed I guess.

Ghaleon has been a member of NeoGAF for almost ten years. He's created great threads and been a huge asset to the forums, you'll see him in PoliGAF etc. I doubt they promoted him to watch over a small rinky dink group of gamers.

Besides, it wasn't even supposed to be a split. It was a straight up lock of the thread. We just all migrated to the Halo 4 thread for Halo discussion. If anything, it's achieved it's intended effect. It's been a much better environment than before. Plus, once Halo 3 goes free, the bump in population might be good to get together and play a few games.

xJavonta

Banned
Message from a friend of mine trying to get an achievement if anyone wants to help:

Anyone willing to help me get the last achievement in need in Halo Reach. Its the Don't Touch That! achievement for the defiant dlc. You need to prevent the enemy team from touching your flag in a one flag game on a defiant map and its basically impossible to get at this point.

If you are willing to help please add the gamertag crazy merio or just message me.

Madness

Just read this regarding a certain character in Dead Rising 3... Most likely a spoiler.
Psychopaths are boss like characters that are human but are 'insane' in the world.

"The most interesting psychopath that we know about is a spoiled adult living off a trust fund who plays video games all day. Trent has been hiding out in his mansion completely oblivious to reality when Nick comes in to rescue him. Trent who is lying in a pool of empty chip bags and mountain dew tells Nick to blow off because he needs to finish a level first. Nick tries to reason with Trent, but he’s so deluded he talks about headshots in the game and whines about how a pizza delivery man hasn’t arrived."

Bolded the interesting part, seems like it's become meta about gamers almost.

Message from a friend of mine trying to get an achievement if anyone wants to help:

Anyone willing to help me get the last achievement in need in Halo Reach. Its the Don't Touch That! achievement for the defiant dlc. You need to prevent the enemy team from touching your flag in a one flag game on a defiant map and its basically impossible to get at this point.

If you are willing to help please add the gamertag crazy merio or just message me.
I don't even remember the last time I played Condemned or Highlands.

Shadders

Would it be odd to announce an Xbox One version of Halo 4 at RTX? Maybe with a new map pack from CA?

Makes sense to me, you couldn't announce it at E3 because it's a re-release of a 7 month old game, why should the wider gaming community care? Why should it take showtime away from new titles? But at RTX, a smaller show, probably without any other game announcements it gives them a chance to really show it off and have people take notice.

They must have seen this coming, they'd have known Xbox One was coming and wouldn't be backwards compatible so if they'd planned ahead they could have really limited the work required to port it over. To me it just seems like easy money, Halo fans would buy the console to play it and it allows them to sell the exact same game again to the exact same people only 12 months later.

Would it be odd to announce an Xbox One version of Halo 4 at RTX? Maybe with a new map pack from CA?

Makes sense to me, you couldn't announce it at E3 because it's a re-release of a 7 month old game, why should the wider gaming community care? Why should it take showtime away from new titles? But at RTX, a smaller show, probably without any other game announcements it gives them a chance to really show it off and have people take notice.

They must have seen this coming, they'd have known Xbox One was coming and wouldn't be backwards compatible so if they'd planned ahead they could have really limited the work required to port it over. To me it just seems like easy money, Halo fans would buy the console to play it and it allows them to sell the exact same game again to the exact same people only 12 months later.
RTX might be a bit small to announce a full One game, even if it's a port.
They'd want more press around I'd say. Maybe PAX or Gamescom?

If even. I'm not sure it's happening, I'd be suprised they have so many free people to do that, they must be gunning if they're getting a new full Halo game done and out next year.
Albeit it might be good practice to have a game shipped on it and have been an excuse to "port the engine" sooner rather than later.

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't think anybody would buy Halo 4 again

Or at least not a whole lot of people

Yeah I thought the same, but who knows.

It could sell well but the population would surely drop as fast as last time.

Halo's reign over the Xbox MP is over.

Madness

Lol, the last page of the Halo 4 thread is basically a discussion on Halo 2 Anniversary, 60 FPS or possibly free to play Halo. I think we should just bring all general discussion here. Try not to let it get too meta, off-topic, trolling or insulting. Keep the H4 thread specifically for H4.

You know what's really sad? I have younger cousins who know there are games like TitanFall, CoD: Ghosts and possibly Destiny coming. But they never even saw or heard about a new Halo. Aside from us, I think it's gone pretty much unnoticed by the mainstream.

Lol, the last page of the Halo 4 thread is basically a discussion on Halo 2 Anniversary, 60 FPS or possibly free to play Halo. I think we should just bring all general discussion here. Try not to let it get too meta, off-topic, trolling or insulting. Keep the H4 thread specifically for H4.

You know what's really sad? I have younger cousins who know there are games like TitanFall, CoD: Ghosts and possibly Destiny coming. But they never even saw or heard about a new Halo. Aside from us, I think it's gone pretty much unnoticed by the mainstream.

Probably because the game doesn't even have a title and the trailer covered up MC the whole time and was essentially MC taking a walk in the desert.

Omni

Well it's not like we were given much to go on. It was dwarfed completely by other IPs - in that we actually got gameplay from them. All we got with Halo is a pre-rendered CGI trailer and a title that is quite frankly, stupid (Halo on Xbox One... riiiight).

Shadders

To be honest, I'm pretty uninspired by the One's launch line-up, I guess I'm just clinging to the hope that there'll be something I want to play.

m23

1080p. Dedicated Servers. 60 Frames per second.

You'd buy it.

Gameplay would still be the same. Although if that did happen, I would pick it up in Summer when its cheaper to get ready for Halo 5 (assuming that will be any good). Forza 5 and Killer Instinct are enough for me at launch.

Shadders

Gameplay would still be the same. Although if that did happen, I would pick it up in Summer when its cheaper to get ready for Halo 5 (assuming that will be any good). Forza 5 and Killer Instinct are enough for me at launch.

You could argue framerate and servers have a gameplay impact tbh, but I take your point.

To be honest, I'm pretty uninspired by the One's launch line-up, I guess I'm just clinging to the hope that there'll be something I want to play.

Just wait. I'm not getting a new console this year even though I could afford to buy both. Neither companies game line up has impressed me.

Current gen can still play all the big "next gen" games like watch dogs, MGSV, Destiny and Titanfall.

There is no reason to buy a launch console unless there really is a must have game you want.

Omni

Same, kinda. Though admittedly I'm really looking forward to Forza 5. Well, that and 64 player, 60fps BF4.

Shadders

Just wait. I'm not getting a new console this year even though I could afford to buy both. Neither companies game line up has impressed me.

Current gen can still play all the big "next gen" games like watch dogs, MGSV, Destiny and Titanfall.

There is no reason to buy a launch console unless there really is a must have game you want.

I know you're right, but I really love console launch days, that excitement queuing up and the experience of popping open a new console box and breathing it all in. I know I shouldn't, I know I should wait, but I'm a sucker for launch days.

I hope Crytek can make Ryse multi competitive but then again we are talking about Crytek hope they let the timesplitter devs(crytek uk) work on it they did good on crysis 2 multi.

I just need my Spartacus and gladiator fix.

IHaveIce

Banned
1080p. Dedicated Servers. 60 Frames per second.

You'd buy it.

Still infinity, flinch and sprint? Jetpack and Camo galore? A weird sandbox( yes even after the weapon tuning, the SAW is just... I don't want to say the word)

Nope, even if it would run better, nobody else is playing it anymore that often, I asked 2 days in a row for customs ( you know where we could play the good stuff) nobody wanted to

Defect

I hope Crytek can make Ryse multi competitive but then again we are talking about Crytek hope they let the timesplitter devs(crytek uk) work on it they did good on crysis 2 multi.

I just need my Spartacus and gladiator fix.

QTEs everywhere.

Nobody would buy Halo 4 on X1. 60fps and dedis don't make up for boring gameplay.

I asked 2 days in a row for customs ( you know where we could play the good stuff) nobody wanted to
I'm taking a sabbatical from the game for the time being. Maybe Legendary Slayer can pull me back, but for now I've fallen in love with Mark of the Ninja all over again.

Fotos

Just read this regarding a certain character in Dead Rising 3... Most likely a spoiler.
Psychopaths are boss like characters that are human but are 'insane' in the world.

"The most interesting psychopath that we know about is a spoiled adult living off a trust fund who plays video games all day. Trent has been hiding out in his mansion completely oblivious to reality when Nick comes in to rescue him. Trent who is lying in a pool of empty chip bags and mountain dew tells Nick to blow off because he needs to finish a level first. Nick tries to reason with Trent, but he’s so deluded he talks about headshots in the game and whines about how a pizza delivery man hasn’t arrived."

Bolded the interesting part, seems like it's become meta about gamers almost.
Hahaha that's awesome

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Halo 4 on One would sell, but not a ton. I plan to store my 360 when the One/PS4 come out, how will I play Halo 4 if I want to? If it were on one and super cheap I'd buy it.

Mix

I'm going to RTX again this year. I went last year and went to the super cool kids Halo 4 after party and got to play the game for like 3 hours. I posted my impressions on my own site and on Waypoint and it ended up here. I think someone said I had a drink from the 343 punch bowl. Anyways, I'm looking forward to running into Frankie again. lol Last year he was lost and I told him I'd show him the way to the Halo Forge panel if he signed my copy of Anniversary.

None of the above compensates for bad gameplay.

But Halo 4 TURBO

Top Bottom