• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Vico

tumblr_mj0ekuifQS1r721zdo1_500.gif

But... But...
From the panel: Meet Roland

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Random question. When the Xbox Controller S was introduced, was the Duke discontinued?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
FUD was decent, but that title design was Emmy-worthy.

EDIT:
Halo Waypoint @HaloWaypoint
As just announced at our #SDCC2013 panel, Halo: #SpartanAssault launches TODAY at 4PM PT!

Anything besides smelly mobile games announced at the panel?

Also, for the new armour DLC, Im assuming a free compatability patch will be required so players who don't buy the DLC can see the new armour online? Like Borderlands and Gears 3 right?

Or is it on the disc?

Also, for the new armour DLC, Im assuming a free compatability patch will be required so players who don't buy the DLC can see the new armour online? Like Borderlands and Gears 3 right?

Or is it on the disc?

I want to know this too, maybe a new update patch for the playlist and the DLC armor.

Or is it on the disc?

Would be entertaining if the armour content was in last months turbo update.

TCKaos

The armor isn't on the disc as far as I know. It's not available by modding your profile or anything, though the pre-order bonus armor is, as well as a bunch of emblems that haven't been released officially yet. If I had to imagine the giant boot emblem is probably the one you get from Spartan Assault. Y'know, Bootcamp? Feet first? Get it?

I found it hard to play halo 3 the other day but i'll hop into some gaf games if people are up for it when it's free to all, but if you are used to reach and halo 4 aiming you really need to train your thumb for the halo 3 dead zone it has.

Madness

I agree Halo 3 has aged a bit badly. Slow movement, lag, etc.

But it's still fun to play if you get a nice match. I can't wait for it to go free. Might at least get a few games out if it.

Omni

FUD was decent, but that title design was Emmy-worthy.

EDIT:
Halo Waypoint @HaloWaypoint
As just announced at our #SDCC2013 panel, Halo: #SpartanAssault launches TODAY at 4PM PT!

4PM PT? According to a timezine converter I just used, that's in 20 minutes, right?

Fracas

#fuckonami
The laggiest, shittiest matches I've played in Halo 3 surpass most games in Halo 4.

I would rather play AR starts on Valhalla than Infinity Slayer on any Halo 4 map.

Omni

I really don't understand that. When it came out the game was amazingly fun to play and it was a really great game.

Now its a bag of shit.

3 (In its prime)>>>>>>Reach>>>>>4

Present day? Its Reach>>>>>4>3

You honestly prefer Halo 4 over Halo 3? I can understand Reach because it's a pretty damn solid game. But Halo 4? Seriously?

You honestly prefer Halo 4 over Halo 3? I can understand Reach because it's a pretty damn solid game. But Halo 4? Seriously?

Right now? Absolutely. Halo 3 was the better game in its prime by miles. When we were running the GAFBTB sessions and customs on 4 a month or 2 ago, It was a blast.

But Right now Halo 3 is damn near unplayable with it's garbage netcode, bad aiming and all the other shit I list out every week.

Halo 3 is bad in 2013.

Fotos

Ok seriously though it's been 45 minutes...

But Right now Halo 3 is damn near unplayable with it's garbage netcode, bad aiming and all the other shit I list out every week.

Halo 3 is bad in 2013.
Wtf no. I have been playing it all week and it's fine. At times it's a bit laggy but it is no where near unplayable.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The current state of every Halo game currently online would be so much better with just a few setting changes and playlist updates. I feel like none of the games have great options right now. Throwdown and Doubles in Halo 4 are probably the best.

Omni

Right now? Absolutely. Halo 3 was the better game in its prime by miles. When we were running the GAFBTB sessions and customs on 4 a month or 2 ago, It was a blast.

Halo 3 is bad in 2013.
Hmm, fair enough I guess. Whenever I get on Halo 3 these days I have a blast. But I guess nostalgia plays a big part of that (being my favourite game of this gen and all).

Ok seriously though it's been 45 minutes...
Waypoint says it can take 4 hours to update in store. Ha

Karl2177

Halo 3 lag complaints are super hyperbole. I've had lag free matches with the Euro Trash and Overdoziz gang before and I'm from the central US.

The current state of every Halo game currently online would be so much better with just a few setting changes and playlist updates. I feel like none of the games have great options right now. Throwdown and Doubles in Halo 4 are probably the best.

Thats the problem though, while you are absolutely correct. The throwdown/doubles settings/style of play were an afterthought in Halo 4. They weren't even considered during development.

That style should be the base gameplay style with everything else built around it. Infinity Slayer is fine as an optional gametype. But Team Slayer should have been the premiere, default game mode of Halo 4, as it was in all other online Halo games.

Halo 3 lag complaints are super hyperbole. I've had lag free matches with the Euro Trash and Overdoziz gang before and I'm from the central US.

A US based player saying latency isn't an issue in Halo 3, I laugh directly in your face. Halo 3 is BR US host dominance, fact!

Double melee, bullet refunds, shot detection iffy, weapon spawn pick ups by players walking behind you, shooting yourself in the back with a rocket, grenade latency, lack of hitscan, lack of local search filter...would you like me to keep going from an Australian who played over 10,000 games of Halo 3 at all levels?

All that and not even entering into the netcode being manipulated easily for bridging of host, host booting etc.

I don't say it often but thinking both Reach & Halo 4 aren't light years in front of Halo 3 online is riding the bad opinion train mate, right up front with the engineer driving it. I for one can't wait for the regional dedicated servers of X1.

Madness

How hard is it truly to consolidate playlists and update some of the older games. I mean what kind of team, time and money does it require?

Surely 1-3 devs can do it if asked no? Like if Halo 3 goes free, playlist consolidation and updates are required.

Top Bottom