• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Omni

Spartan Assault is up now. Just bought it and am downloading

Apparently you can't leave the download page while it's doing so. Eh

Enfinit

How hard is it truly to consolidate playlists and update some of the older games. I mean what kind of team, time and money does it require?

Surely 1-3 devs can do it if asked no? Like if Halo 3 goes free, playlist consolidation and updates are required.

Wasn't there talks of a Halo 3/Reach playlist consolidation coinciding with Halo 4's launch? Or did that never happen?

It is during this golden era of video games we're going through. It's also apparently an achievement to complete Spartan Assault using the 10000 credits you bought for $40 rather than having skill.

Omni

So sitting in one spot for 60 seconds is an "achievement" now? Lol
Can't wait for Halo 5's achievements

"Consume a pack of Doritos infront of the kinect sensor during an Infinity Slayer match. 50GS"
"Yell "I'm better at Halo than you because I drink Mountain Dew" through the Kinect after killing an enemy. 65GS"

Booshka

It is during this golden era of video games we're going through. It's also apparently an achievement to complete Spartan Assault using the 10000 credits you bought for $40 rather than having skill.

Halo is Pay to Win, it finally happened.

Let's see if the slippery slope continues all the way into Halo 5. Buying Perks and XP fastrack packs on the marketplace to be used in Matchmaking.

Nowise10

Let's see if the slippery slope continues all the way into Halo 5. Buying Perks and XP fastrack packs on the marketplace to be used in Matchmaking.

Next month you will be able to buy the resister armor mod from the marketplace.

I won't link it because some people hate when my posts turn blue (or i guess yellow on the dark theme) but the first draft of the prelude to my gravity gauntlet Livechamber anthology series is up over at my blog. I could use some criticism.

Mix

I won't link it because some people hate when my posts turn blue (or i guess yellow on the dark theme) but the first draft of the prelude to my gravity gauntlet Livechamber anthology series is up over at my blog. I could use some criticism.
link

Omni

First impressions of SA.

Very buggy. App crashed three times while first trying to play (one time completely locking my system up).
Load times are weird in game. Frame rate drops considerably.
Mouse has a kind of sluggishness to it - you move your mouse and it takes a fair amount of time for your cursor to get there.
Vehicle combat is awful. AWFUL. I can't even drive a Scorpion straight ahead
Combat feels very... eh with keyboard and mouse. Probably should have went with a mobile version
Music is good though.

Edit. What a surprise. Froze my system again. I'll give it one more shot and then I'm going to give up.

First impressions of SA.

Very buggy. App crashed three times while first trying to play (one time completely locking my system up).
Load times are weird in game. Frame rate drops considerably.
Mouse has a kind of sluggishness to it - you move your mouse and it takes a fair amount of time for your cursor to get there.
Vehicle combat is awful. AWFUL. I can't even drive a Scorpion straight ahead
Combat feels very... eh with keyboard and mouse. Probably should have went with a mobile version
Music is good though.

Feels like Halo.

willow ve

Didn't they do that with halo 4? you buy a mountain dew or Doritos for more xp.

Next month you will be able to buy the resister armor mod from the marketplace.
It's like they setup this domino train wreck nine months ago and they just can't stop it now. No hope for 5. Still playing 4 as I sold Reach.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I hope for Halo 5 it works with Kinect 2 so you get an achievement for holding up the UPC from your bag of Doritos and pack of Game Fuel and letting Kinect 2 scan it.

Oh god what have I done...

EDIT: I was beat!

Ghazi

Wait that camping achievement was for real?

hahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahaha holy shit no fucking way that's ridiculous

Fuchsdh

Wasn't there talks of a Halo 3/Reach playlist consolidation coinciding with Halo 4's launch? Or did that never happen?

They did consolidate the Reach playlists, but the fragmentation via the CEA disc plus the fact that they held to their promise to keep vanilla Reach intact mean it's still way too fragmented for its own good, and people who just bought Anniversary are shafted in terms of play options. It's not an ideal situation.

343 has never stated any intention to actually do anything with the 3 lists.

I hope for Halo 5 it works with Kinect 2 so you get an achievement for holding up the UPC from your bag of Doritos and pack of Game Fuel and letting Kinect 2 scan it.

Oh god what have I done...

EDIT: I was beat!

In all seriousness, using the Kinect to scan rebates and codes, plus the automatic settings load for new players, are really awesome if they work as promised. Less a gameplay thing and more of a massive time-saving device, though.

Ghazi

They did consolidate the Reach playlists, but the fragmentation via the CEA disc plus the fact that they held to their promise to keep vanilla Reach intact mean it's still way too fragmented for its own good, and people who just bought Anniversary are shafted in terms of play options. It's not an ideal situation.

343 has never stated any intention to actually do anything with the 3 lists.

I think someone (Frankie?) mentioned they'd get on it, it was when Halo 3 was announced to be one of the free games for the Games for Gold program.

Striker

The last Reach update was in August, I believe, and before that was sometime in June or something. They could do one for H3 once it's free but I doubt it's anything significant.

Fuchsdh

I think someone (Frankie?) mentioned they'd get on it, it was when Halo 3 was announced to be one of the free games for the Games for Gold program.

He didn't make any promises, though. Although with my limited knowledge of the work that goes into this stuff I don't know why they can't. Postrelease support for old titles was one of Bungie's major achilles heels, it would be great for 343i to step up and do a better job on this front.

Omni

Unless I'm missing something, there are parts to Spartan Assault that you absolutely cannot get unless you pay for extra credits. I thought they said we could get everything by grinding if we wanted to?

They give you a freebie use of all the equipment in the game, but then you have to pay. There's only one item from each loadout menu that you can buy with exp points. The rest require cR. Oh, and the items only last one match too - So if you do grind and get 1000 points to buy a sniper rifle and you get put in a mission that requires you to be in a vehicle, too bad (not sure if it's the same with bought items. I'm not spending any of my money to find out)

Fuchsdh

Unless I'm missing something, there are parts to Spartan Assault that you absolutely cannot get unless you pay for extra credits. I thought they said we could get everything by grinding if we wanted to?

They give you a freebie use of all the equipment in the game, but then you have to pay. There's only one item from each loadout menu that you can buy with exp points. The rest require cR. Oh, and the items only last one match too - So if you do grind and get 1000 points to buy a sniper rifle and you get put in a mission that requires you to be in a vehicle, too bad (not sure if it's the same with bought items. I'm not spending any of my money to find out)

The items you buy with real money last as long as the other upgrades, which is to say one mission.

Omni

The items you buy with real money last as long as the other upgrades, which is to say one mission.

eh, that's pretty shitty. I was hoping that once you unlocked stuff, you could use it over and over again. Or at the very least could buy items without spending real money.

Booshka

If there is all this microtransaction bullshit that effects your ability to play the game, why wasn't it free? Or cost like a dollar. If you pay over 5 bucks for a game, you should get some kind of complete experience with just your gameplay, you shouldn't have to feed more money to the machine to progress.

Ghazi

That Ruby thing just started? I swear i watched a trailer for it last year and thought it'd have at least 7 or 8 episodes by now.

He didn't make any promises, though. Although with my limited knowledge of the work that goes into this stuff I don't know why they can't. Postrelease support for old titles was one of Bungie's major achilles heels, it would be great for 343i to step up and do a better job on this front.

Damn, I wish they would. It's not like it's as expensive or time consuming as making an entire new game is. Plus, they need to get as many audiences as they can into it as they transition into next gen with their "failed" Halo 4.

NckarzN.png

lol

Im not surprised for a mobile game, thats how they make money but worried to 343i take a dumb move an implement it for Halo 5.

Madness

Possible Halo 5 microtransaction.

"Tired of needlers in personal ordnance? Buy our heavy weapons pack today and be guaranteed at least a rocket launcher or incineration cannon in every personal ordnance you call down. Only 320 ms points for 10 games worth".

orznge

Banned
Wow at the new cheevos, why can't we just have win X times, get x kills, play x something in matchmaking, why do we have to go camp corners, use two broken skills together and have our souls cry on the inside at what was once a good trilogy called Halo.

so good

Overdoziz

Banned
Hey Frankie and David, why are you guys making such terrible achievements and therefor killing Halo
Also, when is Halo 3 or Reach getting a playlist consolidation update? They're the only Halo multiplayer currently worth playing so you might as well keep it up to date god dammit

Blueblur1

From the other thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxIhLBpS6Mw

It actually looks and sounds like a Halo game. I have to say that its nice to see a new Halo product that doesn't have Halo 4 stank all over it (well except for Palmer; a character they want to force down their audience's throat).

Someone at 343 remembers what good Halo games were like apparently.

Kibbles

No videos of Pitfall gameplay yet? From what I understand in another thread it said it was playable at comic con starting today...?

I had no idea Comic Con even was going on so I'm really out of the loop

Omni

From the other thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxIhLBpS6Mw

It actually looks and sounds like a Halo game. I have to say that its nice to see a new Halo product that doesn't have Halo 4 stank all over it (well except for Palmer; a character they want to force down their audience's throat).

Someone at 343 remembers what good Halo games were like apparently.
Huh? Two thirds of all items in the game are locked behind a paywall. That's worse than Halo 4.
Here is the booster screen. Even comes with a pretentious glowing "buy credits" button that actually flashes.
o7l3.png
Surprisingly enough though, you don't hear Palmer speak at all. Story is pretty [irrelevant?] as far as I can tell.

Top Bottom