• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

FyreWulff

So if Halo 3 came out on Steam, would you guys want there to be separate Matchmaking for Controller only and M+K/B only? Or would you be okay with M+K/B vs Controller as long as controller got all the aim assist mechanics.

I ask because you would get royally shit on by people using M+K/B and probably get really frustrated. Or would you just learn to use M+K/B?

Same matchmaking. If KBAM users are truly universally better, they'll sort to the top of Trueskill and all play each other.

I'm going to RTX again this year. I went last year and went to the super cool kids Halo 4 after party and got to play the game for like 3 hours. I posted my impressions on my own site and on Waypoint and it ended up here. I think someone said I had a drink from the 343 punch bowl. Anyways, I'm looking forward to running into Frankie again. lol Last year he was lost and I told him I'd show him the way to the Halo Forge panel if he signed my copy of Anniversary.
haha, I forgot you went there last year and were too shy to talk to Tunavi, of all people. I had several drinks from the 343 punch bowl that evening and really enjoyed talking with Frankie and Jessica. Good times.

Mix

haha, I forgot you went there last year and were too shy to talk to Tunavi, of all people. I had several drinks from the 343 punch bowl that evening and really enjoyed talking with Frankie and Jessica. Good times.
See, I didn't even know you we're there! I could've met you! Haha do you remember the guy who got kicked out for tampering with settings?

Computer

Still infinity, flinch and sprint? Jetpack and Camo galore? A weird sandbox( yes even after the weapon tuning, the SAW is just... I don't want to say the word)

Nope, even if it would run better, nobody else is playing it anymore that often, I asked 2 days in a row for customs ( you know where we could play the good stuff) nobody wanted to

Capture the flag playlist is the king of camo camping players. Who ever thought that allowing people to become invisible for an absurd amount of time when ever they please in a shooting game was a good idea?

Do we know anything about legendary slayer yet?
Not that I'm aware of. It's rumored to be the hybrid of Infinity and Throwdown settings, which seems like it would be up my alley. Jessica mentioned on Twitter that it's tentatively scheduled to be out in July, but it sure would be nice to get some information on what it's all about. Maybe that's one of the things coming from the RTX event.

Booties

Banned
I've been using the Tritton 720s but the cord corded itself to hell to back and I get frustated every time I pick them up.

That's why I saved up and got the PX5 headset from Turtle Beach. Wireless 5.1 surround sound with bluetooth. So glad it won't work on the xbone. Thanks.

m23

Not that I'm aware of. It's rumored to be the hybrid of Infinity and Throwdown settings, which seems like it would be up my alley. Jessica mentioned on Twitter that it's tentatively scheduled to be out in July, but it sure would be nice to get some information on what it's all about. Maybe that's one of the things coming from the RTX event.

Ok. Seems like we heard about it so long ago that I figured they just scrapped it. I'm pretty much done with Halo 4, but I am interested in legendary slayer.

Halo 3 will hold me over for now.

heckfu

Banned
This seems like you are implying Halo Reach or Halo 4 is a better MP experience than Halo 3. I must be missing something right?

your reading comprehension levels are off the charts JAKE THE SNAKE.

but for real doe, i'd rather have reach (shudders) than halo 3's br and shittttttttttty ass netcode any day.

Booties

Banned
Ah Bluetooth? 360 have it?
I have A50s, wireless. They're solid.

Nah, you can get an adapter or use the wire between the headset and controller which is what I do. Its not annoying at all. I forget how much the adapter is. I'm weary of putting that on the controller and being in my way. I imagine it's like the original launchie mics that had the mute button and volume control attached to the controller.

Dat didn't happen every game!

Ok but seriously yeah Halo 2 had those but when you had those games where none of that shit happen it was a god send.
I don't disagree. In ideal settings it was the best in the series for MP. That doesn't mean that I have forgotten we would all sit with our fucking ears next to the xbox hoping to hear if we would be playing on a DLC map. If it was loading a DLC map you would try to back out before getting locked into a modded match. Anyone who hasn't done that didn't legitimately play Halo 2 MP.

Tawpgun

Halo 2 and Halo 3, from my experience playing them were some of the best times in gaming for me. I don't know what you were doing during Halo 3 heckfu, but you honestly had more fun playing Reach/4 than Halo 3?

Now, the issue is when you look BACK on a game. Right now I'd rather play Halo 4, even Reach than Halo 3 because its hard to go back to. But in its time, much better.

heckfu

Banned
Since when is honesty trolling? Come on, Barrow.

Also BABBY TAWPGUN, i hate that avatar. I challenge you TONIGHT.

Fuchsdh

I still enjoy it. I hate getting noobs on my team that's all. Also I wonder if Astros will make a converter for the new XB1.
I imagine since it's technically possible plenty of companies will. After all your customers shell put hundreds on kit.

Wonder what the actual differences are in the Xbox One's input.

Shadders

No. No, I would not.

Still infinity, flinch and sprint? Jetpack and Camo galore? A weird sandbox( yes even after the weapon tuning, the SAW is just... I don't want to say the word)

Ha. Nope.

None of the above compensates for bad gameplay.

No, I wouldn't.

I wouldn't own two copies of a game I barely play.

Why would anyone but it - only juices really cares that much about 60fps and dedis

No one is going to buy a bad game just because technically it is strong.

So I'll put you guys down as a "maybe"?

TheOddOne

Oh look some art.
tumblr_mp0fy6eomz1qzddu2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mowqotOtHL1qzddu2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnvompFJac1qzddu2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mno7phSLa41qzddu2o1_500h.jpg

tumblr_mnmg9oCJBN1qzddu2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnbcdry17b1qzddu2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mj9zw55p981qzddu2o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mj9zw55p981qzddu2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mj9zw55p981qzddu2o2_1280.jpg