• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

How about a new ad campaign. "Halo 4 One, Halo 4 All." Halo 4 gets an ultra HD F2P rerelease on the One with dedis. Just add in the option to buy the McFarlane skins, pre-order bonuses etc. Consolidate the playlists too.

Shadders

You'd have to imagine there's a pretty big gulf between Halo 4 and Fable 3 and GTA IV, but nevertheless, it's still a pretty desperate situation.

Ouch.

Tawpgun

BF3 above Halo 4? wow. I'm wondering if BF4 is gonna be slaying the new Halo also.

Also, Booties, Heckfu, lets start a club

oh how the mighty have fallen.

Next month is going to be interesting. Players will have access to Halo 3 for free and I'm sure some Halo 4 players will go back as well. Can't wait.

BigShow36

oh how the mighty have fallen.

Next month is going to be interesting. Players will have access to Halo 3 for free and I'm sure some Halo 4 players will go back as well. Can't wait.

Is your Xbox unable to play Halo 3 or something? What am I missing? If Halo 3 is so great, why wouldn't you just play it now?

Obscured

It wasn't a bug. It was the start of their free games until December thing....still think its stupid of them not to continue that onto the new Xbox.

I'm assuming they aren't doing it to start off on the XB1 because there won't be enough games for a backlog to give away. However I think it is great the Playstation does it and would also like to see it continue for the new Xbox at some point.

wow number 7, how far Halo has fallen. Even nba 2k is played more lol. sweet that gears judgement is not even in the top 20,gears 3 is still there. hope they get the message.

Sorry for the double post, too late to go back and edit now.

There is a freebie on the xbox live marketplace, spartacus - no idea if its good, but the tv show was great.

Tawpgun

Yo Heckfu when are you on? You up for facing off against me soon on Fifa?

I'm on right now.

Just played against a dude, Liverpool v Liverpool.

It was minute 80something and I manage to get a breakaway with Shelvey, see the goalie come out, so I chip it, jump over the goalie, ball looks like its going to miss the net so I sprint to tap it in. I tap b and it literally goes past the goal but it was so close the goal counted and the guy ragequit hahaha

I'm on right now.

It was minute 80something and I manage to get a breakaway with Shelvey, see the goalie come out, so I chip it, jump over the goalie, ball looks like its going to miss the net so I sprint to tap it in. I tap b and it literally goes past the goal but it was so close the goal counted and the guy ragequit hahaha

Tawpgun, you realise this means I challenge you to a match right?

Hey, when the Xbox One comes out, you can ask a friend to play FOR you. That way, you won't have to suck!

Meh, you can only do that on PS4 right? I still wont be able to help you get a 50 on Halo 5 :(

I'm on right now.

How come you aren't playing halo 4 instead?

Tawpgun

Taken from the Titanfall topic

be6ofBu.png

sums it up nicely. Though not included, much of the same issues can be said about sprint.

http://i.imgur.com/be6ofBu.png[/img

sums it up nicely. Though not included, much of the same issues can be said about sprint.[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I've always preferred Halo's mechanic more than any game with a ADS system. I noticed Destiny seems to have a hybrid system, where ADS increases accuracy, etc, but not using ADS is still a viable option, like unscoped BR in Halo. Hopefully that's true, anyway.

Halo: never do ADS, it ain't you.

Iron sights are perfectly fine in games built around them. Halo is not one of those games.

Call of duty and similar titles work with iron sights because they strive for something other than a typical arena FPS. Kill times are low, maps are usually very corridor based with tonnes of cover and movement is limited to low jumping, vaulting, sprinting, walking and crouching.

Halo is basically a slowed down Unreal game its not trying to be a military sim, Halo 5 needs to go back to being original not copying the flavor of the week.

Tawpgun

ADS was made to make shooters feel more realistic, as a mechanic to mimick the IRL scenario of slowing down and aiming is more accurate than running and gunning.

I do wish Titanfall would do without it

Madness

Destiny has ADS and to take the insult a step further, implemented a one hit melee knife kill. I truly wonder how much Activision gave their 'input/influence' to Bungie in order to get the game to sell.

This is the perfect time for Halo actually. With Destiny, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts and TitanFall having ADS/Ironsights, Halo could be the lone wolf. I can see the appeal of following CoD but believe me, they'd risk a lot of their current fanbase, to try and get players that just won't come.

Enfinit

Quick question: is the ability to use ADS and scoping (zooming, whatever) on a weapon the same? What differentiates between the two mechanics (other than visuals)?

Tawpgun

Quick question: is the ability to use ADS and scoping (zooming, whatever) on a weapon the same? What differentiates between the two mechanics (other than visuals)?
when you ADS in most games it slows your character down. Also slows your aiming down.

This way there are 3 combat options for the player

Sprint and Melee
Jog and hipfire
Walk and aim down sights

In Halo 4
Sprint and Melee
Run and gun

In Halo 3
Run and gun everyone is on the same speed

Risen

sums it up nicely. Though not included, much of the same issues can be said about sprint.

People make me giggle... It doesn't drastically reduce skill... It shifts the importance of very specific skills. If people are going to go to the trouble of creating cartoon graphics they should at least understand the words they are going to use to try and make their point.

If one is going to argue which skill sets make a better competitive shooter... Cool, but his ultimate statement is silly.

Top Bottom