• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

6v6 its a little small since the game involves mechs but what is the mechs limit in the matches, two?

Alot of mechs could kill infantry gameplay anyway

The hell?

64 player Battlefield 4 is fantastic. So much fun. Though, Battlefield isn't a CoD/TitanFall style twitch shooter.

I dunno but matches takes a looooooooong time to end, I wish DICE lowers the tickes to end the match because most of the time is just a grinding time to unlock stuff for me.

See, the TitanFall thing seems weird knowing the maps aren't that small and are populated by AI on top of everything. I dunno, I'll have to play it to get a real feel for things, but it seems weird to think I may fight against AI more than actual players.

As for Halo, the core focus for MP needs to be 4v4/5v5 arena gameplay. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a larger scale BTB that increases the playercounts and perhaps is more fluid like some BF gamemodes.

For example in TitanFall it still has ADS,low recoil,sprint,etc. That is what i mean by when someone does something else with it then they have a chance to be the next big thing.
Well sprint isn't a shooting mechanic.

Different games have a different balance of their various mechanics. How is shooting mechanics the only thing that will determine the next big thing in shooters? It's possible for Movement mechanics could have a larger impact on how a game plays than shooting mechanics do.

Mistel

Banned
I wouldn't mind seeing a larger scale BTB that increases the playercounts and perhaps is more fluid like some BF gamemodes.

An improvement to the fluidity would be nice a balance between, infantry and vehicular combat so they can coexist better. Wouldn't be too bad.

Hi color.morale :D.

Oh, and off-topic unless you count it being a CE Magnum successor, but Prinz Eugn is a pretty cool guy. eh shades gons n doesnt afraid of anything.

opus_gun_revision_by_prinzeugn-d71cgv0.png

Oh hello

There are a few people here who think the same, no? As long as the core game stays at 4v4 (or is it 5v5 now?), then it shouldn't matter if BTB is 32 player max. Worst case scenario is that they'd need to start splitting maps depending on game mode (think Battlefield)

Yeah, I agree. Big Team to me is a fuck around playlist that I can go into solo and not have to coordinate with a team of people I know to have fun. It's mindless fun Halo for when I don't feel like thinking man's Halo. To me the more players, the better... Well, except they mix of maps would be even more muddled, so perhaps not in the end.

Homeboyd

Halo
Halo: Next
Halo: After That
Halo: This One
Halo: The Next One After the Last One

Seems uninspired, but could be brilliant marketing I just don't understand yet.

Welcome! I have some questions if you'd like to answer B] (I love reading this stuff from people)

1. Favorite campaign?
  2. Favorite multiplayer?
  3. First multiplayer you played?
    ---How much time did you put into it and to what extent? (ie: local play vs online (CE+XBC, H2+online, etc.), tourneys, casual vs competitive Custom Games, etc.)
  4. Favorite weapon sandbox?
  5. Top 5 favorite weapons?
  6. Top 5 favorite maps?
  7. Favorite playlists?
  8. Favorite characters?
  9. Top 5 things to return in Halo 5?
  10. Thoughts on Smash Bros.?

1: Epicness? Halo 2. Story wise? Halo (It's quite difficult to choose one)

2:Halo 3

3: Halo 3- Valhala

4:I don't get this one.

5: 1. CE Pistol
2. Battle Rifle
3. DMR
4. Spartan Laser
5. Energy Sword

6: 1. Guardian
2. Last Resort
3. Blood Gulch
4. SnowBound
5. The Pit

7: SWAT, FFA, BTS

8: Master Chief, Sergeant Johnson, 343, Cortana (and a few others)

9: Hmmm.Everything that made Halo... Halo. That's it. Just bring back Halo and add it a few touches. Story is what matters to me in Halo, so do it the old fashioned way. Oh and the original Halo theme... I miss it so much.

10: I don't play Smash Bros but I find it really entertaining. Love playing with Samus (you're talking about this, right?)

Yeah, don't judge me guys.

Ghazi

I just got halo reach on the cheap...is the Halo Anniversary map pack worth getting?
It's good, but the online population is extremely weak, therefore it isn't really worth spending money on, just like the rest of that game's DLC, unless you get a copy of Anniversary alongside it.

6v6 its a little small since the game involves mechs but what is the mechs limit in the matches, two?

Alot of mechs could kill infantry gameplay

6 players and 6 mechs per team so max is 12 vs. 12. Sounds great to me, especially for on foot combat, anything larger without vehicles and you lose that solo or buddy system power play effectiveness for game outcome.

daedalius

This isn't a salty complaint but given recent Bungie podcasts it seems the Bungie couch/ViDoc mateship trash talking has morphed into tea bagging cut throat must cheat to win. Too me it seems Destiny has been built with a more coop style focus due to the nature of FPS/console community issues from their Halo experience.(

I think Halo has been around so long and was so competitive in multi that players take it too far. Did bridging host and pioneering XBL parties and matchmaking for console P2P help create this? Yes in part I think Halo had that element.

Does the demographics have younger matchmakers opposed to PC online? Does the bridging cheating give rise to increased hostility etc?

I'm terms of FPS I would not want to watch a euro COD tourney, some of the trash taking and attitude is just not professional or fun relating to gaming. I'm an Aussie we love the razzing of opponents but there is a fine line. Many other live tournies/games have had similar issues I think.

Even the chats in Twitch you mention get some crazy postings. It's weird because 2/3 had similar issues even in social.

More people than ozzy must have an opinion on this.

Also 6v6 sounds amazing in titanfall, I don't suppose they have surfaced anything about competitive modes in that yet? Playlists? Organized tournaments?

At least halo got the amazing dude from blizzard that worked on the sc2 ranking system... Doesn't really help till the next game tho.

I loved 40v40 in WoW, but in a shooter with .5 sec kill times and giant runs to action, I find it terrible.

More people than ozzy must have an opinion on this.

Also 6v6 sounds amazing in titanfall, I don't suppose they have surfaced anything about competitive modes in that yet? Playlists? Organized tournaments?

At least halo got the amazing dude from blizzard that worked on the sc2 ranking system... Doesn't really help till the next game tho.

I loved 40v40 in WoW, but in a shooter with .5 sec kill times and giant runs to action, I find it terrible.

ranking system is useless if the base game isnt competitive/conducive to it.

Few still play Halo, I usually wait for a gaf calling to play.
Haven't played Halo 4 with friends yet (I'm a lone wolf). But I guess that it's as fun as the other Halo's.

If you want to play that or reach I don't mind playing with you.
Don't have Gold right now, finals and all that stuff. But I might buy some next week.

My poor Xbox 360 has been collecting dust since I bought The Last Of Us.
I was thinking on buying Gears Of War Judgment but I don't know... what's your thoughts on GoWJ HaloGaf?

Tawpgun

Agreed.

Large player count hype is as moronic as "dynamic" multiplayer maps.

Large player count hype is justified when the game is built around it. But the gaf thread has a mentality of MORE PLAYERS IS MORE FUN AND MORE NEXT GEN.

Halo is an example of a game that wasn't built for massive scale battles.

Dynamic maps should return though those are sweet. I miss having a focal point on the map to fight over in objective. Like a gate switch.

Madness

"In my opinion: 

Its GAME design choice based on the limitation of the X1 CPU, 

They are likely trying to push positivity on why its 6v6 (and they should, they have alot invested in it) But the likely hood is they KNEW it would be 6v6 and designed the games and maps around it."

Yeah, because the Xbox One totally doesn't have virtually an identical CPU to the ps4 right? And of course they are going to develop the game around the Xbox One, it's the primary platform and what Microsoft paid for. I bet a lot of devs facepalm when reading gaming side these days.

Haven't played Halo 4 with friends yet (I'm a lone wolf). But I guess that it's as fun as the other Halo's.

Don't have Gold right now, finals and all that stuff. But I might buy some next week.

My poor Xbox 360 has been collecting dust since I bought The Last Of Us.
I was thinking on buying Gears Of War Judgment but I don't know... what's your thoughts on GoWJ HaloGaf?

GoWJ is okay. its the Halo 4 of the gears series, but the Gears 3 online is still more active.

Juan

"In my opinion: 

Its GAME design choice based on the limitation of the X1 CPU, 

They are likely trying to push positivity on why its 6v6 (and they should, they have alot invested in it) But the likely hood is they KNEW it would be 6v6 and designed the games and maps around it."

Yeah, because the Xbox One totally doesn't have virtually an identical CPU to the ps4 right? And of course they are going to develop the game around the Xbox One, it's the primary platform and what Microsoft paid for. I bet a lot of devs facepalm when reading gaming side these days.

Don't forget the game has to be playable on Xbox 360 too, so they can't use the full potential of the Xbox One right now, like Destiny, Need For Speed Rivals or even Assassin's Creed.

I'm sure they would have put more players into the game if they could, but it's a cross-plateform game.

But I'm not worried about that. Destiny max count will be 6vs6 as we know from GI, I'm not looking for a Battlefield like game when I'll put my hands on Titanfall. For me, it's more an open arena with IA like the Firefight from ODST than anything else.

Spartan3PC

Hola Halogaf! I felt compelled to make my first post now after a lengthy time of lurking. Sad thing is, I've gotten more enjoyment reading Halogaf posts than I've had playing Halo 4. Hopefully Halo will get back on its feet.

I hope this will be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom