• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

CyReN

I have... on your host... not impressed

Walshy was putting me to sleep with his monologue.

Feel like getting carried?

and hop on Ellis, join the magic. <3

ps: Only am kids and select pros do addy. For the love of god don't do it if you don't need it.

People forget about Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (came out a few months before GoldenEye, and saved Acclaim's bacon at the time. Probably forgotten in gaming history because GoldenEye had splitscreen.)

people also forget about avp on the jaguar.

oh, and marathon was also released on the pippin iirc. (in 1996).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You guys shouldn't bother with that Halo thread on gaming side, I think Valve and Blizzard are overrated anyway.

XxCGSxX

Guys sorry on going a bit off topic but I don't want to make a new topic because I need help on a problem I have with my new refurbished xbox. So it's kind of a weird problem I have with my xbox, whenever I turn on my console I noticed the other day the letters on the dashboard or party screen (specially the blue top of the mini guide) kind of "glitch" out or blink. But it is even more noticeable in every recent game I play when for example in Halo the ground flickers black or invisible or my character models armor flickers. It's only on the graphics and specific objects not the complete video image. I've tried removing my HDD and unplugging the HDMI but nothing.

The only thing that seems to work is when I change the resolution of the TV the problem disappears and games play normally, but when I turn it off the problem comes back. Any suggestions? I've tried google but not luck, my 360 is a Jasper with a 203w 3 prong power supply btw.

Guys sorry on going a bit off topic but I don't want to make a new topic because I need help on a problem I have with my new refurbished xbox. So it's kind of a weird problem I have with my xbox, whenever I turn on my console I noticed the other day the letters on the dashboard or party screen (specially the blue top of the mini guide) kind of "glitch" out or blink. But it is even more noticeable in every recent game I play when for example in Halo the ground flickers black or invisible or my character models armor flickers. It's only on the graphics and specific objects not the complete video image. I've tried removing my HDD and unplugging the HDMI but nothing.

The only thing that seems to work is when I change the resolution of the TV the problem disappears and games play normally, but when I turn it off the problem comes back. Any suggestions? I've tried google but not luck, my 360 is a Jasper with a 203w 3 prong power supply btw.
Sounds like a graphics card issue to me although I could be very wrong.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Guys sorry on going a bit off topic but I don't want to make a new topic because I need help on a problem I have with my new refurbished xbox. So it's kind of a weird problem I have with my xbox, whenever I turn on my console I noticed the other day the letters on the dashboard or party screen (specially the blue top of the mini guide) kind of "glitch" out or blink.

It might have something to do with the .map files.

Where's Fyre when you need him for this stuff.
Sorry I can't help you though, I've had problems like that and just sent it back

I think Valve and Blizzard are overrated anyway.
That's unfortunate.
You're crazy.

Tried different video cables & different monitors?

You guys shouldn't bother with that Halo thread on gaming side, I think Valve and Blizzard are overrated anyway.

Im not a massive Valve or Blizzard fan, Blizz are good at lore (crafting it not supporting it) and the only thing iv really liked from Valve has been Portal 1/2 and L4D. I cannot get into Half life despite really wanting to and i found CS:S awful.

Can't, I'm currently making magic.

Sent while pooping?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Blizzard > ArenaNet > Valve and there's no room for Bungie in this list. Controversial opinion: I'd never put a western console-only dev in my top 3. I'm making an arbitrary exception because I like Japanese games and have been playing mostly Genesis games for the last two months.

I played ONI. I experienced pain. I do agree about Half Life being overrated, however. That series needs a complete revamp.

Current plan is to play Reach all night long. But I don't want to do it alone. I promise to keep my bitching to an absolute minimum.

TU BTB on Ridgeline feels like Halo 3. Might be the epic vehicle battles I was having.

XxCGSxX

It might have something to do with the .map files.

Where's Fyre when you need him for this stuff.
Sorry I can't help you though, I've had problems like that and just sent it back
What is a .map file? Also I can't try a different tv because that's the only HD TV I have on my home and It's a crappy Sabre TV, the TV won't accept the component cables (it gives me a no support message). The problem also goes away on 480p. It is more noticeable on ground textures etc.

What is a .map file? Also I can't try a different tv because that's the only HD TV I have on my home and It's a crappy Sabre TV, the TV won't accept the component cables (it gives me a no support message). The problem also goes away on 480p. It is more noticeable on ground textures etc.

Ignore Cabbie he is making a joke, it sound slike your GPU is overheating... the xbox is dying. Get it replaced by Microsoft, happened to me when my falcon died

netbooks don't handle high quality video well

also damnation slayer is really slow

Dont have to tell me that

XxCGSxX

It's weird since it's when I turn it on and it's not heated at all even after hours of play time. :/ tried another HDMI cable but nope :/

It's weird since it's when I turn it on and it's not heated at all even after hours of play time. :/ tried another HDMI cable but nope :/

Its very unlikly its a cable issue, a cable would not cause textures to screw up, Either disk damage or dying GPU/RAM would cause this. Since your dashboard is doing it its either a problem with the GPU rendering the image or a problem with the RAM storing the image either way your console is breaking

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That's unfortunate.
You're crazy.
I don't think any dev deserves "best dev" moniker though.
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH ABOUT VALVE PLYWOOD.
No. :x
Im not a massive Valve or Blizzard fan, Blizz are good at lore (crafting it not supporting it) and the only thing iv really liked from Valve has been Portal 1/2 and L4D. I cannot get into Half life despite really wanting to and i found CS:S awful.
For Valve I liked Portal, HL2, E1 & E2 were okay. TF2 can be fun, but the hats/notifcations are annoying. As for Blizzard, I've never played Diablo but did try WoW, didn't like it, but not a huge fan of MMO's anyway.

edit: Also tried Starcraft 2 demo, was pretty neat, comp ran it like ass tho.

Top Bottom