• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Overdoziz

Banned
Nope, I just think it's funny that people think in those terms.
The whole debate about Bungie only making one game succesful is straight up bullshit. Valve has only really made Half-Life and Source engine, the rest have been mods — buying out student projects and independent mod creators does not make Valve innovative. As a forward thinking company they are portrayed on boards, they are more known for their business practices now then anything else and people love them for that reason only. You seriously think people are gonna complain about discounted games? Yet Valve as not shown us how their business works for years, why are they so secretive about it? Even try to ask those questions on these boards is blasphemy.

Blizzard has three key franchises Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft. The only really innovative game is Warcraft, it spawned countless imitators and is the reason PC gaming never died — as much as people want to remind us it died, it didn't and never did. Diablo and Starfcraft, while fantastic games, did nothing that wasn't done before — but they did it so well and actually stripped key aspects to make the gameplay fun. They are the only innovative company, they made the MMO space big, have a known business strategy and always put their communities on the forefront. IMO they deserve to be called innovative.

/rant

About that...

I'm going dark man.

I don't wanna lose her, man. Stupid thing to say here, perhaps, but I don't. And I'm beat. I dunno what to do.
The only thing I can say that might help is: life is going to lose its flavor for a little bit and everything is going to feel awful. Just remember that dealing with the breakup is the cause of that and know that once you get through dealing with the emotions brought on by the breakup, all the other stuff about life that used to be great will be great again.

In addition: typically the universe rewards those who go through a bad breakup by giving them a follow-up relationship that involves better sex.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm 20, and she was my first. Two years younger than me. We were together for six months. May not seem very long, but I was convinced we'd last way longer. It's just out of the blue, just last week we had a great time at a prom in the neighborhood. Then the day after she started feeling bad... I left her alone a bit, because I know her, that's what she needs at times like that. Instead of growing better, though, she said she really didn't know what to do anymore, and she didn't want to string me on until she felt better.

I don't wanna lose her, man. Stupid thing to say here, perhaps, but I don't. And I'm beat. I dunno what to do.
Cold truth: You're both probably better off, and you'll find someone much better in college, or later in your 20s.

And that relationship may not work out either, but you'll find someone that'll click perfectly. Took me eight years of shitty dating (and a fear of vanilla scents due to one psycho who followed me 200KM), until I found someone great. And though I haven't locked her up in the basement for all eternity, I think Erica and I are going to be together until 21 December 2012, at least.

Sikamikanico, karma will reward you with a harem or something.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Dayum. I would miss Vanilla Slices terribly.

Sorry if that's making fun of you, it's just what came to mind first. Can only imagine how tough dealing with that person was.
That looks delicious.

And no, of course not. I look back at it now and laugh (but really, no vanilla candles allowed near me - ever!). I've had a lot of shit happen to me and my loved ones, but staying positive is pretty easy somehow. There's a reason why everywhere I'm allowed to put a quotation, I'll put this one:

"A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties."

Stick with it, Blue Ninja.

Happy St.Patrick's Day everyone. (Someone had to say it)

Happy St.Patrick's day indeed. : )

tumblr_lqku611jDB1r1f9tho1_400.jpg

TheOddOne

Happy St. Patrick's day to you all too :)

I dunno who created the Master Chief eating popcorn pic, but I'm stealing it and using it as my avie from now on.

Happy St. Patrick's day to you all too :)

I dunno who created the Master Chief eating popcorn pic, but I'm stealing it and using it as my avie from now on.

If there's good hand-drawn artwork in this thread, chances are Ken drew it.

-----
Hang in there, Blue! HaloGAF is here for you.

-----
Damn, Sikamikanico, that sucks. At least you still have the banjo and that demon cat, right?

-----
Congrats on the impending promotion, Ghaleon. How long until you hit Inheritor at work?

I'm going dark on Prometheus. Can't wait.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Stop mocking my shooter skills!

B-but-but.... I play shooters to test my shooting skills! Not have fun!! :(((

I also play driving games to test my driving skills. And platformers to test my jumping skills. I want to be sure each and every game made caters to me and dares match my skills. That's what gaming is, and I accept that.

We don't even like Bungie or Halo.

Yeah yeah, keep pretending.

Vanilla gets a bad rap being associated with blandness. The flavor goes well with pretty much everything and I can't get tired of it.
Amongst ice cream flavors, vanilla is the most popular. People who prefer vanilla ice cream also tend to be more likely to take risks, so vanilla flavoring's reputation for blandness is undeserved. Vanilla Reach's reputation for blandness is 100% deserved.

BOOM! Bregmann segues the thread back on the rails!

kylej

Banned
Good vanilla ice cream quickly turns from fantastic to overwhelming. It tastes good until you look down and see you've got half a cone left and then it starts to taste richer and richer until you regret not going with a Napoleon.

It's like the great sandwich dilemma, where you eat a great sandwich and are scared you don't have enough left to satisfy your hunger, or you're halfway through and realize you way overestimated your ability to consume this bitch.

Karl2177

My name is Patrick. I act like a saint. You all shall wear green in honor of me!
-----------

Blue, it sucks. It really does, but as others have said dust your shoulders off. It's gonna take some time, but it is for the better.
-----------

Sik, that's tough man. And although this isn't RelationshipGaf, I never understood the mentality of cheating. That's why my last girlfriend and I aren't together(I found out about it afterwards though).
-----------

I'll be hopping on Halo around 5ish Central time.

Thanks guys. Really.

Might try playing some Mass Effect later, though I'm not sure if the shitty ending will make me feel better or worse. :lol

Fracas

#fuckonami
Psh, look at you guys, squabbling over ice cream. So mainstream.
I'm gonna go play Halo. Hopefully I can find a match, I'm like the only one that plays this game.

/making fun of gaming side thread

GhaleonEB

Congrats on the impending promotion, Ghaleon. How long until you hit Inheritor at work?

I'm going dark on Prometheus. Can't wait.

About 50 years. My goal is to retire in ~15, so I don't think I'll make it. :lol

I'm doing dark on Prometheus as well. There's a full 2.5 minute trailer landing tonight, and I'm skipping out on it. I've seen all I need or want to see. It's going to be incredible.

It's like the great sandwich dilemma, where you eat a great sandwich and are scared you don't have enough left to satisfy your hunger, or you're halfway through and realize you way overestimated your ability to consume this bitch.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!

Psh, look at you guys, squabbling over ice cream. So mainstream.
I'm gonna go play Halo. Hopefully I can find a match, I'm like the only one that plays this game.
Hipster!

I'm doing dark on Prometheus as well. There's a full 2.5 minute trailer landing tonight, and I'm skipping out on it. I've seen all I need or want to see. It's going to be incredible.
Not only am I going dark, I'm also in the middle of an epic de-hyping regimen that involves telling myself that Ridley Scott is old enough to be in a nursing home while re-watching the theatrical cut of Kingdom of Heaven on repeat.

GhaleonEB

Not only am I going dark, I'm also in the middle of an epic de-hyping regimen that involves telling myself that Ridley Scott is old enough to be in a nursing home while re-watching the theatrical cut of Kingdom of Heaven on repeat.

Heh. I did the opposite: watched Alien with my daughter last night, so we can go to Prometheus together. All it did was remind me how great Scott is, and to think he's gotten better in many ways since. Ack!

Hey You

Crazy. I'm surprised I stuck with my ODST controller for so long.
I decided to switch two days ago to one of my other white default controllers, what a difference it makes!
My left analog on the ODST controller was drifting a lot and the left bumper(AA default setting
For me) just no longer responds without excessive force.
However, I'll forever keep it as a trophy of sorts.

I was using my ODST controller from release to two weeks ago when I got custom painted RDR controllers from R*. The ODST controller still works fine

TheOddOne

Bahhahahahhaha :p

Ridley still has got it though and even with age he still shows us he is at the top of his game.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Know I'm lttp, but Blue, I've been in a non-married relationship for 5 years and I'm only 20, and sometimes I wish I was single. I know it hurts now and that you love her, but after a while you'll start to see the beauty of being free.

In any case good luck. ;)

And the best ice cream is pink lemonade.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Prometheus. Going dark is probably the wisest choice. I hate all the previews and trailers that come out ahead of movies these days. You see half the film before it has even come out.

Homeboyd

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Prometheus. Going dark is probably the wisest choice. I hate all the previews and trailers that come out ahead of movies these days. You see half the film before it has even come out.
Shhhh Frankie is lurking around in the shadows..

Don't want him to get anymore ideas.

Top Bottom