• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Finally got to Mythic and bought everything. I need:

• HP/Parafoil (R)
  • Collar/Breacher (R)
  • Tactical/UGPS
  • Black Visor
  • UA/Chobam
  • Grunt Birthday
  • Heart Attack
  • Pestilence
  • Inclement Weather
  • Jun S-239
  • SGTMAJ Johnson
  • Cortana

That's about... 1,690,000 cR. At about 3,000 cR a game, that's around 564 games.

All I need is pestilence and inclement weather.

I won't ever equip them though.

Karl2177

And getting Commander Shepard drunk as a doornail is actually pretty comforting. :lol

Here's to us, Space-Jesuses. Only few like us. And they're all dead.

The look Aria gives you when you do this is really funny. The first time I did it, I actually rofl'd.

I think I literally...

medalla101-1.jpg

...while watching that trailer :D

So then he doesn't die!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Story Time: July, 2007. I just got my copy of the last Harry Potter book. My friend (who hadn't read any of them) is leafing through it and decides to tease me, threatening to read the last chapter and tell me what happens. I laugh, but ask for my book back. We're in a room full of unspoiled Potter fans and he reads the last two sentences aloud:
The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.

He didn't think he was spoiling anything and was taken aback when everyone in the room got very, very angry.
I was convinced Harry Potter was going to die. And he did die, temporarily. But now I knew he'd be alive at the end.

Now this friend is ahead of me in A Clash of Kings (he cheats and listens to the audiobooks). I hope he's learned what a spoiler is by now.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
crackdown 1 mechanics
Plus
Assassin's Creed graphics
Plus
Naughty Dog presentation
Equals
Game of the Forever

UHHHHH NO CRACKDOWN HAS NO DEPTH AT ALL. ALL YOU DO IN THAT GAME IS RUN AROUND COLLECT ORBS, SHOOT GUNS AND JUMP AROUND. THE GAMEPLAY GREW STALE AFTER JUST A FEW MINUTES. I REALLY DON'T SEE WHAT THE ALL THE HYPE IS ABOUT

WELL ASSASSIN'S CREED ISN'T ACTUALLY RUNNING IN HD SO THAT'S LOLZ WORTHY. I'LL TAKE ANY GAME ON PC OVER ASSASSIN'S CREED REALLY. SUB HD IS REALLY LAUGHABLE IN THE YEAR 2012 AND I REALLY CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEW CONSOLES COME OUT SO THAT WE CAN FINALLY CATCH UP WITH THE TIMES.

OMG THIS IS WHY NAUGHTY DOG IS THE BEST. THE STORY, THE CHARACTERS AND THE SETTING. IT ALL FITS SO PERFECTLY. I REALLY LOVE THE WAY THEY TELL THE STORY IN THE GAME. IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY WATCHING A MOVIE. IT'S GRIPPING, THE WRITING IS BRILLIANT AND THE VOICE ACTING IS THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY. I REALLY WISH NAUGHTY DOG WOULD GAMES FOR CONSOLES OTHER THAN THE PS3 BECAUSE THEN EVERYONE WOULD REALIZE THEIR GAMES ARE THE BEST AND THEN THEY WOULD BUY PS3 AND THEN THE XBOTS WOULD AM CRY FOR STUPID KINECT AND NO MORE HALO AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN PS4 WOULD BE BETTER THAN PC AND NOTHING APPLE COMES UP WITH WOULD EVER TOUCH THEM.

:lol

respect - 10 for each of you.

Crackdown is one of the gems of this generation. It's co-op or bust though.

He speaks the truth. But to be fair, it was a lot more fun once you unlocked a lot of the stuff. You just have to give games a chance before you put them away.

Homeboyd

Story Time: July, 2007. I just got my copy of the last Harry Potter book. My friend (who hadn't read any of them) is leafing through it and decides to tease me, threatening to read the last chapter and tell me what happens. I laugh, but ask for my book back. We're in a room full of unspoiled Potter fans and he reads the last two sentences aloud:
The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.

He didn't think he was spoiling anything and was taken aback when everyone in the room got very, very angry.
I was convinced Harry Potter was going to die. And he did die, temporarily. But now I knew he'd be alive at the end.

Now this friend is ahead of me in A Clash of Kings (he cheats and listens to the audiobooks). I hope he's learned what a spoiler is by now.
Hahahaha holy shit. I have a friend like that...

Roommate in college. Everytime I would DVR a show I planned to watch later, and would start watching later, he'd walk in and say something like "oh man, this episode sucks because..."

smh

Just kills it for you.

That HP thing is pretty brutal. Wow.

Hahahaha holy shit. I have a friend like that...

Roommate in college. Everytime I would DVR a show I planned to watch later, and would start watching later, he'd walk in and say something like "oh man, this episode sucks because..."

smh

Just kills it for you.

That HP thing is pretty brutal. Wow.

I know someone who would ruin the ending of stuff, but genuinely believe that by ruining it, they are making it better, because it lets you understand more about what's happening along the way. I can see the logic, but I wouldn't go anywhere near if I sense spoilers are incoming.

Is Uncharted actually good for gameplay or do people love it for the voice acting/ presentation? I only ever got to play it for all of 10 minuites which is nowhere near enough time to get any sense of the game, im just very curious. Gaf seems to love it, but then again, Gaf seems to care more about graphics than gameplay. :/

heckfu

Banned
I know someone who would ruin the ending of stuff, but genuinely believe that by ruining it, they are making it better, because it lets you understand more about what's happening along the way. I can see the logic, but I wouldn't go anywhere near if I sense spoilers are incoming.

I watched LOST from episode 1 and right before the final season came on my roommate and his girlfriend absolutely BEASTED through the first five seasons.

It's so hard to discuss that show with someone going through it because it's not always linear and you're not sure what all has or hasn't happened.

Which bring me to my next point, if you haven't watched LOST, go on and start. You'll be a better (wo)man for it.

GhaleonEB

How did she like Alien? Too much for her?

After it was over, I asked how she was doing. "Fine." Any questions? "Nope. I'm going to go read now."

She curled up with a book for an hour. We talked a bit later about it, and it did scare her pretty good, but she's so well grounded she wasn't rattled at all when it was over. We got talking about the alien life cycle, story details, and so on. She was pretty fascinated by it all.

I showed her the new Prometheus trailer today, with the ship and the space jockey. I think we'll see it together in the theater.

I let my six year old watch the very end - after Lambert's demise - and she was surprisingly okay as well. My kids are growing up tougher than I did. I literally ran screaming from the room back then. :lol

Aliens is probably on tap tonight.

MrBig

I was so glad I didn't have to buy that garbage to get into the H3 beta.

I got in through the friends and family beta, but I still bought Crackdown. It's a great game to play with friends.

Speaking of which, I no longer have my login for the account that got me into that beta, nor do I have the account I originally signed up to b.net with way back in the early 2000s could (the account name was "Homer"), nor even do I still uses the account that I made in 2009 (it got trapped by hotmail and with Windows 8 using WL ID I had to scrap it; this one didn't get into the Reach F&F beta). Had to go through the beta signup process again with a brand new account; hope doing that so late in the game won't effect possible entry.

GhaleonEB

crackdown 1 mechanics
Plus
Assassin's Creed graphics
Plus
Bethesda's world building
Plus
Naughty Dog presentation
Equals
Game of the Forever

Slightly amended. Shivers. I got shivers.

Yup. Crackdown was so, so good. I still remember when I hit level 2 agility in the demo and realized what the game was really about. Vertigo-inducing street-clearing vertical exploration platformer of explosive joy.

Booshka

Yup. Crackdown was so, so good. I still remember when I hit level 2 agility in the demo and realized what the game was really about. Vertigo-inducing street-clearing vertical exploration platformer of explosive joy.

This is a must, first thing you should do in Crackdown is level up your Agility, then it gets amazing from there.

Overdoziz

Banned
This is a must, first thing you should do in Crackdown is level up your Agility, then it gets amazing from there.
I loved doing that in the Crackdown 2 demo, but in 1 I just got in a car, drove around a bit, got shot at, ran away, grabbed some agility orbs, died and I never played it again. I'll give it another chance some day, maybe.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Crackdown was too much fun. My and my cousin would just do the craziest shit and I would just be in complete tears from all the laughter. Just like, throwing people as far as we could in the ocean. It was like we were kids playing with toys making up our own stories in our heads. I'm laughing as I type this.

I played The Silent Cartographer today and I love the small details. When you get in an area where no Marine was before, you won't find any health pack just power shields. CE shows me how much I love Bungie.

About Crackdown: I didn't want to buy it for the game. The reason was the beta until I played the Demo which was a lot of fun. Definitely have to play Crackdown 2 much more.

Squidhands got it right you all sick freaks!
At first I thought it was "20th Century Fox is milking the Alien franchise".

After it was over, I asked how she was doing. "Fine." Any questions? "Nope. I'm going to go read now."

She curled up with a book for an hour. We talked a bit later about it, and it did scare hert pretty good, but she's so well grounded she wasn't rattled at all when it was over. We got talking about the alien life cycle, story details, and so on. She was pretty fascinated by it all.

I showed her the new Prometheus trailer today, with the ship and the space jockey. I think we'll see it together in the theater.

I let my six year old watch the very end - after Lambert's demise - and she was surprisingly okay as well. My kids are growing up tougher than I did. I literally ran screaming from the room back then. :lol

Aliens is probably on tap tonight.
I knew that you are already awesome. And I knew that you are an amazing dad. But damn. Maybe you are the greatest dad? Nah my dad is still better. Not sure if I would show Alien to a six old, but I definitely would show the movie when she/he is 8. I don't want that my kids get CGI whores. Or that movies can be amazing if they don't have action in the first 5minutes. Alien is such a great movie. Still looking better than Transformers 1 looks now. An All-time classic.

Fuchsdh

Agree with this, as much as i like Ted Price i abhor resistance and ratchet and clack is .. okay i suppose Spyro was the last Insomniac franchise i liked
I was about 9 but that dragon is still the shit

Spyro is an amazing series (for the Insomniac titles), and what's sad is Price said at the time that they were moving on because they didn't want to get stuck in a rut doing the same game--and that's pretty much what happened with Ratchet.

Slightly Halo-related since there is MC in a pic, but I went to the "Art of Video Games" exhibit in Washington DC and took some pics (full set on Flickr).Underwhelming so far as the "art" part, but good to see games get some mainstream attention. Plus, I had forgotten how much I loved Myst. Didn't try to speedrun it though.

6844597550_e658aaf00c.jpg

Fuchsdh

Now I wanna play Myst. Curse you Fuchsdh!

If you've got a decent comp Realmyst is definitely the best way to play it now--too bad it was too taxing on computers of the time.

A fan group is trying to remake Riven with a fully 3D world, that will be awesome if they do it.

The real question is: will they pick up and use all the same catchphrases and oneliners that we did?

That's a very interesting question, actually. I'd say yes, mainly because I already see a younger generation embracing the same phrases that I did when I saw the movie in the theater. But I think liking Aliens as a whole has become a personal litmus test for me to (perhaps wrongly) judge whether I can be friends with someone else or not. ;-)

Top Bottom