• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hopped on and was wondering why my controls feel odd and why I wasn't moving normally.... turns out my left analogue stick has developed a number of dead zones which make playing Halo or any other game requiring the use of the stick pretty much an uphill battle.

Poop. =/

Now you have an excuse!

:p

Dumbest shit I've seen all day: throw flag into the water on tempest stockpile to reset it since there is no fucking way I'm taking it back to my base. Instead of respawning it just resets back into the opposing team's cap.

Fuck Reach.
Yeah...I felt a little guilty capping that one.

Tashi

I just played with the dumbest fucking teammates ever. They're not even like, poorly skilled. They're just fuckin idiots! Totally couldn't rely on them to do the simplest shit.

Ram does what he can, man, chill out.

tumblr_lvwh0j8jin1r8058ko1_500.gif

Computron

Well, it is a bastardized Valhalla, at least.

I have never played an objective game on that map without half my team quitting. Never.

I have played some of the best flag/assault games I ever played in Halo on that map. its also much smaller than big team maps like Valhalla. It's a great map with 4-6 players per team, any quitting and other matchmaking issues aren't the fault of the map.

EDIT: What is this playlist you guys are in that keeps giving you objective Tempest? I wanna play it.

GhaleonEB

Heya, about that Forge...hey guys...guys, Forge stuff! Hello? *sobs in the corner*

I am going to write my final entry in the long dormant Forging Ahead series for FUD this weekend. It's what I can do.

Blue: sorry to hear your situation. It will suck for a while, then it will get better. You can't make the part where it sucks any more pleasant, just know it gets better. Probably, a lot better.

Also: Today I got confirmation from my boss that when I get back from sabbatical this summer and start a new job, I'm getting promoted. Four years ago, when the economy was in freefall, I was offered a buyout - take three months pay and walk out the door. Or, stick around and take my chances at getting laid off. That was the hardest day of my career, but I rolled the dice and stayed. So surviving, working myself to the bone this year, and getting the promo as a reward feels good. Real good.

I'm gonna go shoot some aliens in the face in celebration.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I have played some of the best flag/assault games I ever played in Halo on that map. its also much smaller than big team maps like Valhalla. It's a great map with 4-6 players per team, any quitting and other matchmaking issues aren't the fault of the map.

I'm not saying it's the map's fault. :p Just my experience which sours it for me, I really liked it back when the NMP playlist was around.

ElRenoRaven

Was asleep till 5, didn't read this till now. I don't know if there is fall damage or not since I did not see a fall from a height that would make it apparent whether it was in or out. If you can't remember what I said or didn't say, reread the post linked in the OP, otherwise you should probably not put words in my mouth. I'm not upset but I've seen it a couple times now where people are claiming I said "x" when no such thing happened.

Devo you know this is the internet right? j/k

Of course what you said is going to get taken out of context and twisted around. That's what the internet does. Now you also know what devs feel like every time something they say gets done like that.

Tashi

I am going to write my final entry in the long dormant Forging Ahead series for FUD this weekend. It's what I can do.

Blue: sorry to hear your situation. It will suck for a while, then it will get better. You can't make the part where it sucks any more pleasant, just know it gets better. Probably, a lot better.

Also: Today I got confirmation from my boss that when I get back from sabbatical this summer and start a new job, I'm getting promoted. Four years ago, when the economy was in freefall, I was offered a buyout - take three months pay and walk out the door. Or, stick around and take my chances at getting laid off. That was the hardest day of my career, but I rolled the dice and stayed. So surviving, working myself to the bone this year, and getting the promo as a reward feels good. Real good.

Congrats bro!

CyReN

Congrats man.

I dunno, I think at that point it sounds like a fringe, Action Sack-y playlist. Team Slayer has a weird mini-brand recognition that I don't want to underestimate.

I see what you're saying, in that Super implies better, but I don't think that really matters with such an iconic, recognizable name. I think the Team Slayer "brand" carries more weight than something that sounds wacky like Super Slayer (which is a terrible name, for the record). Certainly doesn't help that TS is higher in the listing.

Also, Team Skirmish is a better name than Team Objective, even if it's less descriptive.
I've love to get more data about gametypes and voting. Shishka used to at least give gametype weightings. Wish we had that, at least.
Completely agree. You know what else they should do just for experiment's sake? Rename all Slayer DMR gametypes to the default "Slayer" and all AR start gametypes to "Slayer ARs." Wonder what the unwashed masses would vote for.

Or, you know, just make DMR/AR starts across the board.

Devo you know this is the internet right? j/k

Of course what you said is going to get taken out of context and twisted around. That's what the internet does. Now you also know what devs feel like every time something they say gets done like that.

Yeah but HaloGAF is pretty cool about not being shitheels (except towards Frankie ;p).

FyreWulff

Hopped on and was wondering why my controls feel odd and why I wasn't moving normally.... turns out my left analogue stick has developed a number of dead zones which make playing Halo or any other game requiring the use of the stick pretty much an uphill battle.

Poop. =/

I'm still playing with the controller that came with ODST. I really should replace it, but MS still insists on selling wireless controllers for 60$ new.

And then I'll be sad since my controllers and my 360 will no longer match.

Havok

Completely agree. You know what else they should do just for experiment's sake? Rename all Slayer DMR gametypes to the default "Slayer" and all AR start gametypes to "Slayer ARs." Wonder what the unwashed masses would vote for.

Or, you know, just make DMR/AR starts across the board.
That would be a fun thing to see happen, as long as we got actual data from it. My biggest disappointment from the TU/Vanilla Team Slayer voting experiment (however poorly it was set up scientifically, with Elite Slayer and Slayer Pro and DMR/AR voting screen splits) is that we got no actual insight into what the results were except for a throwaway "hey turns out people like things! who knew?!" line. Really seemed like a way to try and placate everybody complaining on forums, and unfortunately Squad Slayer was the collateral damage.

I'm not sure I could count the number of wacky social experiments I'd do if I had the keys to the playlist factory, several of them just to prove that people are button-mashing sheep.

(First order of business: Place Objective at top of listing, get popcorn, watch population rise.)

Top Bottom