• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

TheOddOne

No. :x

For Valve I liked Portal, HL2, E1 & E2 were okay. TF2 can be fun, but the hats/notifcations are annoying. As for Blizzard, I've never played Diablo but did try WoW, didn't like it, but not a huge fan of MMO's anyway.
The whole debate about Bungie only making one game succesful is straight up bullshit. Valve has only really made Half-Life and Source engine, the rest have been mods — buying out student projects and independent mod creators does not make Valve innovative. As a forward thinking company they are portrayed on boards, they are more known for their business practices now then anything else and people love them for that reason only. You seriously think people are gonna complain about discounted games? Yet Valve as not shown us how their business works for years, why are they so secretive about it? Even try to ask those questions on these boards is blasphemy.

Blizzard has three key franchises Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft. The only really innovative game is Warcraft, it spawned countless imitators and is the reason PC gaming never died — as much as people want to remind us it died, it didn't and never did. Diablo and Starfcraft, while fantastic games, did nothing that wasn't done before — but they did it so well and actually stripped key aspects to make the gameplay fun. They are the only innovative company, they made the MMO space big, have a known business strategy and always put their communities on the forefront. IMO they deserve to be called innovative.

/rant

In a sensual, sexual way.
tumblr_l7mgj1g3aD1qc073co1_400.gif

I talk shit about all your posts
tumblr_l9vjw1rMnt1qc073co1_400.gif

Booshka

The whole debate about Bungie only making one game succesful is straight up bullshit. Valve has only really made Half-Life and Source engine, the rest have been mods — buying out student projects and independent mod creators does not make Valve innovative. As a forward thinking company they are portrayed on boards, they are more known for their business practices now then anything else and people love them for that reason only. You seriously think people are gonna complain about discounted games? Yet Valve as not shown us how their business works for years, why are they so secretive about it? Even try to ask those questions on these boards is blasphemy.

Blizzard has three key franchises Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft. The only really innovative game is Warcraft, it spawned countless imitators and is the reason PC gaming never died — as much as people want to remind us it died, it didn't and never did. Diablo and Starfcraft, while fantastic games, did nothing that wasn't done before — but they did it so well and actually stripped key aspects to make the gameplay fun. They are the only innovative company, they made the MMO space big, have a known business strategy and always put their communities on the forefront. IMO they deserve to be called innovative.

/rant

Unbelievably stupid post.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Preaching to the choir TOO, granted if you buy someone out you do get to have all the credit.

Booshka

I'll give you that I nitpicked and was a bit unrealistic. Guess the stupid in the Bungie thread, made me go stupid too.

It's just that knocking something else down to try and prop another thing up is childish and dumb, people do the same stupid shit with Halo vs CoD.

TheOddOne

It's just that knocking something else down to try and prop another thing up is childish and dumb, people do the same stupid shit with Halo vs CoD.
Pretty much. It was just way to vent though, I knew if I had posted that in the Bungie thread it would be suicide. That thread is filled with that reasoning though, which triggered that whole wall of text.

I'm 20, and she was my first. Two years younger than me. We were together for six months. May not seem very long, but I was convinced we'd last way longer. It's just out of the blue, just last week we had a great time at a prom in the neighborhood. Then the day after she started feeling bad... I left her alone a bit, because I know her, that's what she needs at times like that. Instead of growing better, though, she said she really didn't know what to do anymore, and she didn't want to string me on until she felt better.

I don't wanna lose her, man. Stupid thing to say here, perhaps, but I don't. And I'm beat. I dunno what to do.

FyreWulff

I'm 20, and she was my first. Two years younger than me. We were together for six months. May not seem very long, but I was convinced we'd last way longer. It's just out of the blue, just last week we had a great time at a prom in the neighborhood. Then the day after she started feeling bad... I left her alone a bit, because I know her, that's what she needs at times like that. Instead of growing better, though, she said she really didn't know what to do anymore, and she didn't want to string me on until she felt better.

I don't wanna lose her, man. Stupid thing to say here, perhaps, but I don't. And I'm beat. I dunno what to do.

Yeah, it seems like she's not a great communicator, which you would need for a long term relationship. It'll be okay. You got one girlfriend, you can get another.

Just wake up every morning, look in the mirror, and go "Blue Ninja is fucking awesome" and give yourself a thumbs up. Except you know, your real name instead of Blue Ninja.

TheOddOne

This is gonna sound really cliché, but there are other fish in the sea.

Don't beat yourself too much about it, sometimes it's just for the better.

14 kills. 11 AR kills. Might use this thing more often.
He's tainted. I'm sorry bro.

HaloGAF, I'm not usually one to make posts like this, but I have to. Even if I haven't exactly been active lately.

My girlfriend just broke up with me and I'm pretty much a wreck right now. But I want you guys to know that you're all awesome and I love talking and playing with you. And I think I'm going to need you in the days and weeks to come. So thanks.

And Reach still kinda sucks.
Shit. I feel sorry but I'll be there for you the whole time. It will be better after a few days. :)

No has answered this amazing post? Guys. This movie is going to be THE movie of this year. So excited for Prometheus.

I am going to write my final entry in the long dormant Forging Ahead series for FUD this weekend. It's what I can do.

Blue: sorry to hear your situation. It will suck for a while, then it will get better. You can't make the part where it sucks any more pleasant, just know it gets better. Probably, a lot better.

Also: Today I got confirmation from my boss that when I get back from sabbatical this summer and start a new job, I'm getting promoted. Four years ago, when the economy was in freefall, I was offered a buyout - take three months pay and walk out the door. Or, stick around and take my chances at getting laid off. That was the hardest day of my career, but I rolled the dice and stayed. So surviving, working myself to the bone this year, and getting the promo as a reward feels good. Real good.

I'm gonna go shoot some aliens in the face in celebration.
Congrats! And I can not wait for your new FUD article.

zap

Today's unf list.

New key art.

Cinematic of new thing.

Animatic of utterly new thing.

Scale revelation.

Weapon naming decision

Music date

General realization

Granular realization

Engine look

Feature improvement

Unf.

Reading this I thought he was telling us what we could expect for today... :/ Got my hopes up :(

Still though... hype!

Everyone is going to tell you the same stuff bro - chin up, plenty more fish in the sea etc etc, but the truth is, it's going to take you some time to feel better. When you love someone, and they just don't want to be with you anymore, it fucking hurts, plain and simple. And it takes your brain a while before you get better.

To put it into context, I got married Feb 13th 2011 - And by August 2011, I found out my wife was having an affair with some 21 year old guy. (I'm 28, she was 26) I caught her out, and ended it. She took everything I had, including my stepdaughter (who I had raised from 18 months old) - I didn't get to see her anymore. It killed me. Nearly 8 months later, it still kills me. I don't know when I'll be "okay" again, but I do know that I'm a lot better than I was.

So hang in there, and take it from someone who knows. You WILL be okay. Just give yourself some time. :)

Sorry to hear that. Try not to stress over it. Worthwhile relationships will endure breaks, and everything else isn't worth the worry.

TheOddOne

To put it into context, I got married Feb 13th 2011 - And by August 2011, I found out my wife was having an affair with some 21 year old guy. (I'm 28, she was 26) I caught her out, and ended it. She took everything I had, including my stepdaughter (who I had raised from 18 months old) - I didn't get to see her anymore. It killed me. Nearly 8 months later, it still kills me. I don't know when I'll be "okay" again, but I do know that I'm a lot better than I was.
Wow, damn that is fucking shitty.

I just hate all the fake swagger in that song. It's my main issue with mainstream rap. Now this song, on the other hand, I could listen to every day.

Grime > Rap

Shit fucking sucks man :/ Sorry

Lost my first real GF 3 years ago at the time i was trashed, realised now she was a psyco bitch and now iv been with her ex-bestfriend for the past 3 years and she moving in pretty soon. Its sounds like shit but honestly their is plenty more fish in the sea, Their isnt 1 person for everyone their is multiple and you will be just as happy or happier with someone else in the long run.

Example

Wow, damn that is fucking shitty.

Yeah, it did suck. It still does. To be fair, when I say "took everything I had" I mean she took everything aside from my house. I never did sign her over to my mortgage. (Thank fuck).

But this was my place the day she moved all her (MY!!!) stuff out.

WP_000858.jpg

Epic Sad Face. However....it looks like this...and the new surround system is awesome.

WP_000112.jpg

So life ain't all bad.

Trust me Blue, it gets better bro! :)

Yeah, it did suck. It still does. To be fair, when I say "took everything I had" I mean she took everything aside from my house. I never did sign her over to my mortgage. (Thank fuck).

WP_000858.jpg

Epic Sad Face. However....it looks like this...and the new surround system is awesome.

WP_000112.jpg

So life ain't all bad.

}

So, UK lan in your house yea?

Crucio

I'm still playing with the controller that came with ODST. I really should replace it, but MS still insists on selling wireless controllers for 60$ new.

And then I'll be sad since my controllers and my 360 will no longer match.
Crazy. I'm surprised I stuck with my ODST controller for so long.
I decided to switch two days ago to one of my other white default controllers, what a difference it makes!
My left analog on the ODST controller was drifting a lot and the left bumper(AA default setting
For me) just no longer responds without excessive force.
However, I'll forever keep it as a trophy of sorts.

Sorry to hear about your situation Blue, if you need a shoulder to cry on, I can point you in the right direction...because I don't like getting my expensive suits ruined.

Kidding, of course, just send me a chat invite if you do

Everyone is going to tell you the same stuff bro - chin up, plenty more fish in the sea etc etc, but the truth is, it's going to take you some time to feel better. When you love someone, and they just don't want to be with you anymore, it fucking hurts, plain and simple. And it takes your brain a while before you get better.

So hang in there, and take it from someone who knows. You WILL be okay. Just give yourself some time. :)

Shit, that sucks, man. I'm sorry. And thanks. I don't normally like doing drama like this, but I just needed to fucking share it with someone. Get it out.

Lost my first real GF 3 years ago at the time i was trashed, realised now she was a psyco bitch and now iv been with her ex-bestfriend for the past 3 years and she moving in pretty soon. Its sounds like shit but honestly their is plenty more fish in the sea, Their isnt 1 person for everyone their is multiple and you will be just as happy or happier with someone else in the long run.

Example

Yeah, you're right. It'll just take me some time to convince myself she's not the fish I want. Thanks, thugh, I appreciate it. I'm pretty messed up right now.

Sorry to hear about your situation Blue, if you need a shoulder to cry on, I can point you in the right direction...because I don't like getting my expensive suits ruined.

Kidding, of course, just send me a chat invite if you do

I'll keep that in mind, bro. Thanks.

Thanks, all of you. I can't say it really helps at the moment... But maybe it will in time.

Awesomeness.
HaloGAF, I'm not usually one to make posts like this, but I have to. Even if I haven't exactly been active lately.

My girlfriend just broke up with me and I'm pretty much a wreck right now. But I want you guys to know that you're all awesome and I love talking and playing with you. And I think I'm going to need you in the days and weeks to come. So thanks.

And Reach still kinda sucks.
Hang in there, man.

Fuchsdh

WP_000858.jpg

WP_000112.jpg

So life ain't all bad.

It'd be even better if you changed that wallpaper :) But at least she left... your banjo?

That sucks mate, but good job hanging in there. My brother was about to be married to a two-timing harpy before it got called off; he's still kind of wrecked about it, but at least he got out before there were any financial repercussions (or kids) aside from the ring.

Dude, that's how you really feel?
This is crazy talk.

Valve are not secretive, they do more developer commentary and talks through how they made the game more than most. They don't necessarily show the game in an early state, as they don't like getting hopes up and then having to delay it when they're not happy with how it is.

It'd be even better if you changed that wallpaper :)
Harsh, :p.

TheOddOne

Epic Sad Face. However....it looks like this...and the new surround system is awesome
Atleast it is now behind you :)

Dude, that's how you really feel?
This is crazy talk.

Valve are not secretive, they do more developer commentary and talks through how they made the game more than most. They don't necessarily show the game in an early state, as they don't like getting hopes up and then having to delay it when they're not happy with how it is.
Don't get me wrong though, I love Valve. Still I feel that people make them out to be better then they really are.

Fuchsdh

Well, but they make any video game company out there to be better than they are... no studio can live up to the unrealistic expectations of many of its fans. Bungie is a great studio, Valve is a great studio, but I don't think either really lives up to some of the accolades (I am still mystified why game journos rant and spit about first-person platforming, and yet call Half-Life 2 with its horrible puzzle sequences the best shooter ever.)

WP_000858.jpg

WP_000112.jpg

So life ain't all bad.

Clearly the change from banjo to guitar is the biggest change a man can endure :p (edit: Just saw the banjo below it, damn :lol)

Blue, it can seem like life's gone belly up for you but trust me when I say you'll get oer it in time. It's ok to be sad about it, nothing wrong with that, but don't obsess about it. You'll get through it.

-------------

Happy St.Patrick's Day everyone. (Someone had to say it)

Top Bottom