• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Going dark too. I feared that Prometheus going to bomb. But the teasers are amazing. The best thing: It gave me hope for the Blade Runner sequel/prequel which Scott is going to direct too according to the rumors.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Going dark too. I feared that Prometheus going to bomb. But the teasers are amazing. The best thing: It gave me hope for the Blade Runner sequel/prequel which Scott is going to direct too according to the rumors.

Hearing about the BR sequel made me so happy and nervous at the same time.

TheOddOne

I thought the BR prequel collapsed because of budget concerns?

TheOddOne

It's still going ahead, apparently. Just no Ford.

Also is Chief holding that popcorn for his date or something :lol

Nice avi, like it much better than the steaktac :p
Ford is not in? This is good news!

Chief eats popcorn with the help of nanomachines.

kylej

Banned
thought Uncharted 2 was crappy. better than Insomniac though who somehow is considered a top tier developer despite pumping out relentless turds for a decade.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Each console maker has their bitch studio; Nintendo's is Retro, Sony's is ND, and Bungie was Microsofts.
They are the omegas of the dev world, and Valve is totally alpha by extension.
not serious...

Uncharted series is pretty crappy, Iv struggled to enjoy the first multiple times and never succeeded, For me its just a mediocre story crafted around repetitive gameplay.

Assassins Creed does the platforming much better IMO and the gun play is very weak with enemies that pose no threat and are essentially bullet sponges with different ethnic origins.

thought Uncharted 2 was crappy. better than Insomniac though who somehow is considered a top tier developer despite pumping out relentless turds for a decade.

Agree with this, as much as i like Ted Price i abhor resistance and ratchet and clack is .. okay i suppose Spyro was the last Insomniac franchise i liked
I was about 9 but that dragon is still the shit

Guerilla games seem like with some new talent on the story crafting side they could make a great shooter but everything apart from the graphics and gameplay of Killzone suck and the game is exclusively Single player for me, Multiplayer felt like i was shitting on kids in Call Of Duty slow mo edition.

Sony Santa Monica is the only studio from sony that have released a game i actually had any interest in.

And dont get me started on Nintendo

TheOddOne

I wish more developers would create more iconic characters. Drake and the cast from Uncharted are awesome, great personalities and you care what happens to them. But no, developers create buff guy 101 and call it a day. That leaves the game mechanics to rely on, which ofcource are stupid and pointless.

Assassins Creed does the platforming much better IMO and the gun play is very weak with enemies that pose no threat and are essentially bullet sponges with different ethnic origins.
Yeah, I agree. Again, a series with great characters ― Ezio and Altair where fantastic.

TCKaos

Finally got to Mythic and bought everything. I need:

• HP/Parafoil (R)
  • Collar/Breacher (R)
  • Tactical/UGPS
  • Black Visor
  • UA/Chobam
  • Grunt Birthday
  • Heart Attack
  • Pestilence
  • Inclement Weather
  • Jun S-239
  • SGTMAJ Johnson
  • Cortana

That's about... 1,690,000 cR. At about 3,000 cR a game, that's around 564 games.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I wish more developers would create more iconic characters. Drake and the cast from Uncharted are awesome, great personalities and you care what happens to them. But no, publishers create buff guy 101 and call it a day. That leaves the game mechanics to rely on, which ofcource are stupid and pointless.

What did you all think about Marcus Fenix? And in comparison to say, MC?

(I know you're referring to CoD clones though)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I wish more developers would create more iconic characters. Drake and the cast from Uncharted are awesome, great personalities and you care what happens to them. But no, developers create buff guy 101 and call it a day. That leaves the game mechanics to rely on, which ofcource are stupid and pointless.
Still not as bad as destroying an entire fictional universe to fulfill a desire for a dramatic ending!

TheOddOne

What did you all think about Marcus Fenix? And in comparison to say, MC?

(I know you're referring to CoD clones though)
Terrible, a big brute with no personality at all. IMO Cole is the only guy I even remotely care about.

Maby I'm being too harsh on developers, maby they are just stuck creating those characters because of focus groups and publishers.

Wow.

I remember when I wanted to buy everything in the armory but then I realized how silly it was and stopped trying to go for it.

I think ill still got for it, I only have the Armor Effects Left and a 1 or 2 helmet attachments.

(the most expensive stuff)

He died for us.

For BioWare's sins. He's the true Space Jesus.

vbulj.jpg

Fantastic how something so small can become so big seemingly over night.

Kingdom of Heaven became a great movie, damnit. :(
I know...part of the anti-hype regimen is ignoring the fact that Ridley's original cut of the movie was really freaking good, but the suits were too stupid to get it, so they made him butcher it so they could release a shorter movie.

How did she like Alien? Too much for her?
He's already trained her, through hundreds of games of Firefight, not to fear an alien menace.

And getting Commander Shepard drunk as a doornail is actually pretty comforting. :lol

Here's to us, Space-Jesuses. Only few like us. And they're all dead.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
crackdown 1 mechanics
Plus
Assassin's Creed graphics
Plus
Naughty Dog presentation
Equals
Game of the Forever

Top Bottom