• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I loved doing that in the Crackdown 2 demo, but in 1 I just got in a car, drove around a bit, got shot at, ran away, grabbed some agility orbs, died and I never played it again. I'll give it another chance some day, maybe.

Hopefully you do, because it's much better the shitdown 2 ( see wut I did there?).

Oh what is the new stuff?

Your mom got some 'new stuff' on her face last night, tell her I said happy mothers day! :p

TheOddOne

If you've got a decent comp Realmyst is definitely the best way to play it now--too bad it was too taxing on computers of the time.

A fan group is trying to remake Riven with a fully 3D world, that will be awesome if they do it.
I think I have the boxed copy somewhere. Gotta go trough all the rubble, but then I can also hunt down Torin's Passage.

kylej

Banned
Oh what is the new stuff?

dunno but I haven't played in like 6 months so there must be new stuff.

btw, the modem/router combo comcast gives you is fucking TERRIBLE for online play. After 3 competitive Halo games I just went and ordered a new Surfboard from Amazon. Comcast blows.

edit sorry Risen & co my internet is shitting itself.

Ill give it a go, got to learn finance, its not happening. Reach might actually be more fun.

I had to do solicitors accounts (which I passed) but still... *shivers*

Just when I stopped playing :(

I'm gonna do some cardio right now for about half and hour. Dunno if I'll be on after that. Add me: TheOddOne187 and invite me when I'm online.

My list is full, just send me a message if you're on.

Does anyone know what all of the BTB Heavies maps are called?

From what I've found on the forums so far:

Asphault
Breakout
Cragmire
Delta Facility
Graveyard
Rasu
Superstition
Typhoon

Any others? I'm trying to download all of the map variants and do a quick flythrough of each.

Asphault
Breakout
Cragmire
Delta Facility
Graveyard
Rasu
Superstition
Typhoon

Any others? I'm trying to download all of the map variants and do a quick flythrough of each.
You can fly through hell now?

Breakout
Cragmire
Delta Facility
Graveyard
Rasu
Superstition
Typhoon

Headstrong
Asphalt
Eminence

Computron

For the love of God let's get a party going to get that Defiant LD achievement. Losing my mind over this horrible achievement.

I need many of the achievements, I'm in. GT: Vlad356, on now.

E66n7.png

Striker

Played a few Heavy maps last night, they're still terrible like they were in Halo 3.

Team Objective with the extra player is also awful. What is the reasoning for adding a fifth player? Just because? Evade gone is splendid, but the unnecessary addition of two players into the map is completely baffling.

Played a few Heavy maps last night, they're still terrible like they were in Halo 3.

Team Objective with the extra player is also awful. What is the reasoning for adding a fifth player? Just because? Evade gone is splendid, but the unnecessary addition of two players into the map is completely baffling.

They did this with Halo 3 social slayer back in the day, and it boggles the mind. Halo maps seem to be designed around 4v4, 5v5 is just too cluttered on many of them. IF Halo 3 gets consolidation, 4v4 social slayer would be one of the main things I would want lol.

GhaleonEB

I knew that you are already awesome. And I knew that you are an amazing dad. But damn. Maybe you are the greatest dad? Nah my dad is still better. Not sure if I would show Alien to a six old, but I definitely would show the movie when she/he is 8. I don't want that my kids get CGI whores. Or that movies can be amazing if they don't have action in the first 5minutes. Alien is such a great movie. Still looking better than Transformers 1 looks now. An All-time classic.

Yeah, the younger kid was watching a kids movie downstairs, but it was shorter than Alien and she was all sad she couldn't see the "scary movie". (She got through Poltergeist just fine.) So I figured I'd let her see some after the violence was over to test the waters.

Um, Halo? Halo.

Just got through a game of Firefight on Beachhead, where by partner was using one of the hiding niches way up on the building that disables the enemy AI, which is really frustrating to play with. But I knew it had a weakness, and on the second round a drop pod of Brutes lands right in front of him, demolishing him in five seconds flat. He quits instantly. I cackle with delight.

Risen

btw, the modem/router combo comcast gives you is fucking TERRIBLE for online play. After 3 competitive Halo games I just went and ordered a new Surfboard from Amazon. Comcast blows.

come back and run customs... we need one no matter how bad you, I mean, your connection is

Are there any Easter eggs from your past games that surprised you at how quickly they were found or any that surprised you at how long they took to find?

Definitely the IWHBYD skull in H3. But you cheated. There is one Easter egg in Halo 3 that I don't think anyone has found - I stumbled across it in code a while back. It only happens on a specific day...so good luck.
Jon Cable

Thats from the Bungie mail sack, pretty cool to think there are still things that havent been found. I wonder if one day someone from Bungie will take pity and just spit out all the cool eggs they worked hard on to impliment that no one ever noticed lol.

Fuchsdh

You can get cracking skulls and candy from a baby in customs.

Yeah, the younger kid was watching a kids movie downstairs, but it was shorter than Alien and she was all sad she couldn't see the "scary movie". (She got through Poltergeist just fine.) So I figured I'd let her see some after the violence was over to test the waters.

Um, Halo? Halo.

Just got through a game of Firefight on Beachhead, where by partner was using one of the hiding niches way up on the building that disables the enemy AI, which is really frustrating to play with. But I knew it had a weakness, and on the second round a drop pod of Brutes lands right in front of him, demolishing him in five seconds flat. He quits instantly. I cackle with delight.

Which spot is that?

Thats from the Bungie mail sack, pretty cool to think there are still things that havent been found. I wonder if one day someone from Bungie will take pity and just spit out all the cool eggs they worked hard on to impliment that no one ever noticed lol.

Internet+Modders kill the easter egg huts on yesteryear and its a sad thing, i still like to do some out of map exploration and stuff in the halo games to search for things like this time to time.

One of the communities i miss the most is High Impact Halo, I remember being a regular back in the day when people exploited the game and searched for eggs, hell the intricacy of IWHBYD in Halo 2 is still amazing.

:( making me nostalgia now and get sad. well done bobs! :mad:

Internet+Modders kill the easter egg huts on yesteryear and its a sad thing, i still like to do some out of map exploration and stuff in the halo games to search for things like this time to time.

One of the communities i miss the most is High Impact Halo, I remember being a regular back in the day when people exploited the game and searched for eggs, hell the intricacy of IWHBYD in Halo 2 is still amazing.

:( making me nostalgia now and get sad. well done bobs! :mad:

Making people nostalgic and sad is what I do! Ask Elzars mum.

But yeah I agree, the ease at which people filter through code has killed off a lot of the more interesting egg hunts, its nice to know that there are some eggs that survived that though.

GhaleonEB

Which spot is that?

On the ledges of the building above the spawning area. Go up the stairs to the very top platform, and then either climb or jetpack up to a ledge on the skyscraper. If a player is up there, all the Covenant squads lose track of players, and none will advance, they all just hang back in their holding patterns.

Turns it into even more of a shooting gallery than usual, which is what he wanted, but I wanted actual challenge.

I'll grab a pic later when I'm gathering screenshots for FUD.

Fuchsdh

On the ledges of the building above the spawning area. Go up the stairs to the very top platform, and then either climb or jetpack up to a ledge on the skyscraper. If a player is up there, all the Covenant squads lose track of players, and none will advance, they all just hang back in their holding patterns.

Turns it into even more of a shooting gallery than usual, which is what he wanted, but I wanted actual challenge.

I'll grab a pic later when I'm gathering screenshots for FUD.

Ah, good to know that.

What about the rocks to the right of the main building? Do those affect AI as well? I usually go there to snipe without getting blown up in arcade because I'm working on commendations, but I don't want to mess up the enemies either.

Get fIoS.

Playin dat MLG stuffs makes me miss previous Halos since Reach is still pretty ass even with higher mobility settings when it comes to strafing.

But I think liking Aliens as a whole has become a personal litmus test for me to (perhaps wrongly) judge whether I can be friends with someone else or not. ;-)
Are there people that don't at least like Aliens? I can understand preferring Alien but to not like Aliens is something that crazy people do.

I remember watching Aliens at about eight years old and totally loving it. Barely even made my blink. Unsolved Mysteries was my nightmare fuel.
Unsolved Mysteries was not for kids SO WHY WAS IT ALWAYS ON WHEN KIDS WERE AWAKE. Unsolved Mysteries, The Book of Revelations, and that book about alien abduction "Communion", accounted for 90% of all nightmares had by young Bregmann...and old Bregmann too if we're being honest.

kylej

Banned
How does the Red Bull LAN have a higher budget than MLG Halo. Sundance I know you're reading this shit, step your game up yo. And bring back the bleachers!

Striker

They did this with Halo 3 social slayer back in the day, and it boggles the mind. Halo maps seem to be designed around 4v4, 5v5 is just too cluttered on many of them. IF Halo 3 gets consolidation, 4v4 social slayer would be one of the main things I would want lol.
5v5 stuff works, just not in regular ol' 4v4 maps. Especially considering in TO there's two grenade starts, so that's going to be everywhere.

Still on the 5v5 subject, if the map size is there, which it wasn't for Halo 3 or Reach, it works (see 6v6 Team Battle in H2; Halo 3's Squad Battle used some of this, but it still lacked).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
How does the Red Bull LAN have a higher budget than MLG Halo. Sundance I know you're reading this shit, step your game up yo. And bring back the bleachers!

lol

Outside of the MLG events, this is by far the best Halo event I've seen. Props to Red Bull for putting on a sick LAN.

CyReN

They are about dead even to be honest, and fuck the bleachers. Having 250+ in crowd instead of 60 is so much better. Also another thing that is pissing me off is nobody besides Lenox has acknowledged any Halo activity this weekend but will constantly spew out any fart Starcraft makes on twitter.

and GG, a lot of fun. I'll be on again in a few hours.

Top Bottom